Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a beautifully made Carbon Fiber Key Fob Cover*that is designed to drastically change the look and feel of your Alfa 4C Key Fob. No more looking at a piece of plain, black plastic.

These Key Fob Covers are made of 100% Geniune Delta-Preg Prepreg*Carbon Fiber that is same supplier of Ferrari and Lamborghini!

For more images and details of this product in Red Carbon Fiber please follow the link below:
http://madnessautoworks.com/2017-Alfa Romeo-4C/alfa-romeo-4c-car-key-fob-cover-carbon-fiber-red-pid4247

For more images and details of this product in Black Carbon Fiber please follow the link below:
http://madnessautoworks.com/2017-Alfa Romeo-4C/alfa-romeo-4c-car-key-fob-cover-carbon-fiber-pid817

For more images and details of this product in Silver Carbon Fiber please follow the link below:
http://madnessautoworks.com/2017-Alfa Romeo-4C/alfa-romeo-4c-car-key-fob-cover-carbon-fiber-silver-pid4248

For more images and details of this product in Italian Style Carbon Fiber please follow the link below:
http://madnessautoworks.com/2017-Alfa Romeo-4C/alfa-romeo-4c-car-key-fob-cover-carbon-fiber-italian-style-pid4246

·
Super Moderator
13,719 Posts
I can vouch for how beautiful these are, and how well they fit.

And you don't need to cover up the logo on the button if you do not wish to. Mine didn't even have that hat to go over the button, but I wouldn't have used it anyway.

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

And you don't need to cover up the logo on the button if you do not wish to. Mine didn't even have that hat to go over the button, but I wouldn't have used it anyway.

Thank You for the photo and the kind words about fitment! We truly appreciate it and it's helpful to see customers feedback for other potential buyers! Thank You Again!

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
We have a huge show floor and I will be taking a moment daily and shooting some images of the parts we have.

Here are some pictures I just took of this key fob to give everyone a better idea of the color and design.

·
Registered
109 Posts

I just received mine after a long wait and struggle with a bad unit. @Maddness thanks for the service.
How did you affix it was it double sided tape or just regular glue ?

·
Super Moderator
13,719 Posts
I figured out how to install them its just a simple epoxy job and the Maddness website is WRONG about removing the cover and replacing it with the CF one.

Anywau this is a beautiful piece ???
What epoxy did you use?
Not a criticism of the part, but I've used two glues to get the top piece to stick, and it's popped off over time.
Gorilla Glue and China Weld didn't do it for me.
The bigger, bottom piece was a snap fit, has held for 6+ months without any glue!

Tape would have to be micro thin to work here.

Any input appreciated.

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What epoxy did you use?
Not a criticism of the part, but I've used two glues to get the top piece to stick, and it's popped off over time.
The bigger, bottom piece was a snap fit, has held for 6+ months without any glue!

Any input appreciated.
Here at MADNESS we use an industrial grade black silicone epoxy. For the best fit and finish you should apply the epoxy, wrap the fob in tape, and let it sit overnight.

Once the epoxy has dried, then you can run some around the outer edges and wipe off the excess and you should have a perfect secured fit!

You can pick up black silicone at your local Home Depot!

I hope this clears up any confusion, please let me know if you have any other questions!

·
Registered
143 Posts
How resistant to getting scratched would the CF fob cover be if kept in a pocket with other keys, coins, etc?

·
Super Moderator
13,719 Posts
How resistant to getting scratched would the CF fob cover be if kept in a pocket with other keys, coins, etc?
It's a valid point. I keep mine in another pocket, with my wallet and away from other keys or coins. The finish is pretty robust. I dropped mine on concrete yestreday, and although there is a mark, it will probably buff out.

OTOH, my fob (before adding the CF cover) was already showing wear. The raised rubber surrounding the buttons looked pretty ratty. This cover will help protect that area.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I figured out how to install them its just a simple epoxy job and the Maddness website is WRONG about removing the cover and replacing it with the CF one.

Anywau this is a beautiful piece ???
What epoxy did you use?

Any input appreciated.
I used a regular off the shelf epoxy but i felt a bit of a wobble so reverted to a mutipurpuse construction glue. Its perfectly in place now and hasnt come out since.

As to the scratches and marks i used a soft polish and its perfect. The clear coat on them is very thick to give the shine.

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts