Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's hard to compete with the excitement/drama of Super Tuesday, but.... we have some new wheels for the 4C, and we are very excited about them!... Advan RSII's.

These are the lightest sets yet available for the 4C @ 16.2 lbs front and 16.9 rear. (rumor is that the non metallic paint is even lighter, but I don't have numbers for that:wink2:)

Many of you have heard of Advan, made in Japan, they flow form these which is a method of casting that's ultrastrong and ultralight, and if you've looked at forged pricing, well it's much less cost.
2 colors offered, semi gloss black and hyper black metallic. The hyper black is similar to anthracite, with lots of reflective metallic to it. Hubcentric, 5x98 for the 4C, 17x8 front and 18x8.5 rear.

Taking pre orders now to get the first shipment to the USA on a pallet. Intro priced at 12% off of Advan's retail. Contact A9 for details. We have early interest and only need 2 more orders to get a shipment started.

OH, and they have a cool option of an adapter that allows you to snap your OEM Alfa Romeo centercaps in.

Cheers, Matt

P.S. Curious if anyone in the EU already has a set? would love to see some photos!

Attachments

·
Registered
851 Posts
LOVE THESE WHEEEEEEEEELS!

Matt from ( Alfa9Supply) has been a great vendor to work with and stays on top of all my questions! Highly recommended!

Do you have any photoshop magic that can put these on the 4C for us?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The complex curves and sidecuts on the spokes of these make it hard to represent them in a photoshop render. But I'll see what I can put together!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Matt, are these going to be available in 18 and 19 inch? If you addressed this already I apologize but I missed it. I think these are the first after market wheels that I like more than the stock ones.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matt, are these going to be available in 18 and 19 inch? If you addressed this already I apologize but I missed it. I think these are the first after market wheels that I like more than the stock ones.
Hi. That's great you like the look of them! Unfortunately no 18/19" available from Advan in the 5x98.

I did notice european member LE224 on this board runs 18/19, but I believe he's doing so with a different bolt pattern and using adapters.

Here is his post with pics: http://4c-forums.com/432041-post10.html

·
Super Moderator
15,172 Posts
These look terrific, Matt.
Advan's are huge in the Honda modders world, and well respected for quality, lightness, and price.
Looking forward to seeing these on the 4C.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hasn't any of these manufacturers figured out how to make bigger than a 7" wheel upfront? Doesn't really seem beneficial to swap out the factory wheels for maybe a couple lbs difference and aesthetics. Quite an expensive upgrade for not much performance difference or tread patch on the road.
This seems to be the biggest complaint about the 4C, it's lack of tread on the ground. Problem is that manufacturers don't care about a limited production cars that they'd only make a few wheel sets for.

These are by far the best looking wheel for the 4C.

·
Super Moderator
15,172 Posts
Hasn't any of these manufacturers figured out how to make bigger than a 7" wheel upfront? Doesn't really seem beneficial to swap out the factory wheels for maybe a couple lbs difference and aesthetics. Quite an expensive upgrade for not much performance difference or tread patch on the road.
This seems to be the biggest complaint about the 4C, it's lack of tread on the ground. Problem is that manufacturers don't care about a limited production cars that they'd only make a few wheel sets for.

Aren't these 17" x 8" ?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aren't these 17" x 8" ?
Yes, 8" wide in front. Bit of trivia, Advan offers RS2's in 17x9.5" front for the GTA models in Japan Europe. Talk about wide!!:wink2:

Problem is that manufacturers don't care about a limited production cars that they'd only make a few wheel sets for.
I hear you... overall the volumes on the 4C are so low, many manufacturers don't even want to touch it. That's why we are excited about these Advan's. And when paired with sticky tires, wheels are one of the best handling mods to start with.

Thanks! Good to hear that.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These look terrific, Matt.
Advan's are huge in the Honda modders world, and well respected for quality, lightness, and price.
Looking forward to seeing these on the 4C.
Thanks 4Canada.

That's a good insight on the history with the JDM market and I'm really excited to be able to offer these for the 4C.

·
Registered
865 Posts
It's hard to compete with the excitement/drama of Super Tuesday, but.... we have some new wheels for the 4C, and we are very excited about them!... Advan RSII's.

These are the lightest sets yet available for the 4C @ 16.2 lbs front and 16.9 rear. (rumor is that the non metallic paint is even lighter, but I don't have numbers for that:wink2:)

Many of you have heard of Advan, made in Japan, they flow form these which is a method of casting that's ultrastrong and ultralight, and if you've looked at forged pricing, well it's much less cost.
2 colors offered, semi gloss black and hyper black metallic. The hyper black is similar to anthracite, with lots of reflective metallic to it. Hubcentric, 5x98 for the 4C, 17x8 front and 18x8.5 rear.

Taking pre orders now to get the first shipment to the USA on a pallet. Intro priced at 12% off of Advan's retail. Contact A9 for details. We have early interest and only need 2 more orders to get a shipment started.

OH, and they have a cool option of an adapter that allows you to snap your OEM Alfa Romeo centercaps in.

Cheers, Matt

P.S. Curious if anyone in the EU already has a set? would love to see some photos!

Matt, as you recall when we talked, I have ordered the Yokohama Advan RSII wheels in

Black and should have them from Japan this month. I will be posting pictures once I get

them installed on my Russo Alfa 4C. Best wheels for the race track and everyday driving I'm

told. Mounting Advan hi-performance tires on them--I can't wait to test them out.:smile2:

·
Registered
422 Posts
One question

With the 17” + 18“ Advan the track width will change to
Rear +38mm
Front -4mm
So it will provoke more understeering!
And when we use spacer on the Front 2x15mm perhaps?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Matt, as you recall when we talked, I have ordered the Yokohama Advan RSII wheels in

Black and should have them from Japan this month. I will be posting pictures once I get

them installed on my Russo Alfa 4C. Best wheels for the race track and everyday driving I'm

told. Mounting Advan hi-performance tires on them--I can't wait to test them out.:smile2:
Absolutely. Good news yours are soon to arrive, looking forward to seeing your pics.

-

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey hey, here are a couple of shots of the ADVAN's superimposed on press photos....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts