Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Looking to get some winter or all season tires. As many of you in North American know, it's not easy to find winter rubber for 18/19 set up. At least for me up in Vancouver BC it's been a pain in the @$$. Alfa more than happy to sell me OEM. Pass.

I found that there's a better selection for 17" and 18" rims but I've had a problem finding aftermarket rims for Alfa bolt pattern. I would rather stay 18/19 but will make the drop down if its easier to find what I need. Any recommendations?

No, I won't be driving is snow! Unlike the dude in Switzerland. I'll be tackling frost and roads around 0 C +/- 5 degrees.

Thanks.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have had Yokohama Advan RS2 lightweight aluminum wheels for past 18 months.

I highly recommend them for our 4C. There are some listed for sale by a member now under classified.

Matt at Alfa9 Supply sells them new.

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Matt has a large variety of wheels with 4C fitment in both sizes.
Madness and Centerline do also.

http://www.alfa9supply.com/4c-wheels/
https://madnessautoworks.com/2015-Alfa Romeo-4C/start-shopping-cid1/wheels-tires-cid7
https://centerlinealfa.com/store?cat=Wheels and Hubcaps&model=4C
You can also ask your dealer for pricing on stock wheels. The 18/19 sets were surprisingly affordable for OEM. That may have changed, and 17/18 might be different.

I'd suggest looking at the 17/18 set as, if you ever decide to get a track set, this size seems to have better choices too. Your wheels can do double duty. Best part is, the 4C doesn't sweat it if your wheels aren't equipped with TPMS. It gives you a light for a while, shrugs its shoulders and leaves you alone. Lots of other cars will affect traction control or blind you with alert messages when that happens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man! Thanks to all of you for the response! Been a nightmare up here in Vancouver getting info from local shops... I'm still amazed at all the people stopping and checking the car out. Taking pictures, looking in...it's crazy. There's not many up here on the road so people are blown away. Anyways, thanks again to all your responses!

·
Registered
27 Posts
M Cave trackday (27-09-2019) - W 4K (127).jpg
Man! Thanks to all of you for the response! Been a nightmare up here in Vancouver getting info from local shops... I'm still amazed at all the people stopping and checking the car out. Taking pictures, looking in...it's crazy. There's not many up here on the road so people are blown away. Anyways, thanks again to all your responses!
These custom made track rims are superlight and handles much better then the standaard rims

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Sweet wheels. The pictures re nice enough that we will excuse the //M reference at the bottom. :p

·
Registered
40 Posts
The advans are great. I have 2 sets. One for track/autocross. And then a set with all season for winter driving. Where I live has 300 plus days a year with clear skies so driving in the winter isn’t alsways a issue.
The fitment looks awesome. It seems you don’t need the spacers.
Can you please the parameters for this set up? And also the tire sizes?

·
Registered
178 Posts

What are the parameters for this set?
no you don’t. Fitment is 17x8.5 in the front and 18x9.5 in the rear. Tires are hankook rs4’s with the front being 245/40/17’a and the rears being 265/35/18’s

·
Registered
178 Posts

What are the parameters for this set?
no you don’t. Fitment is 17x8.5 in the front and 18x9.5 in the rear.
Wow those are really wide. Thanks a lot!
No problem. And I know there was a guy running 305’s on Facebook I don’t know if he is on here or not but he track his car a bunch.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,326 Posts
no you don’t. Fitment is 17x8.5 in the front and 18x9.5 in the rear.

No problem. And I know there was a guy running 305’s on Facebook I don’t know if he is on here or not but he track his car a bunch.
That would be CallMeAl. That was pretty much for visuals as it would hit his fenders so had to trim the inside edge of the fender. His track setup used narrower race tires.

·
Vendor
76 Posts
The advans are great. I have 2 sets. One for track/autocross. And then a set with all season for winter driving. Where I live has 300 plus days a year with clear skies so driving in the winter isn’t alsways a issue.
When we spec the Advans RSII's at Alfa9, It's typically 2 ways with wheels and for the tires, this guide may help--->>

1) Advan RS2, 17x8 + 18x8.5 with 215/45-17 and 245/35-18 — This gives an ultralight setup and nearly identical to stock size, just a little wider for extra grip, more aggressive offset pushes wheels more to fender edges.

2) Advan RS2, 17x8 OR 17x8.5 + 18x9.5 in back, with 235/40-17 and 265/35-18 — Wider still, more contact, much more aggressive look. Keeps Oem proportions front to back.

There are many other size combos you can play with, but these two setups are proven starting points to use when spec'ing out your tires, and work when fitting Advans on a 4C.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Peter, do you have spacers? This looks AWESOME!

·
Registered
649 Posts

Titan wheels on mine with larger tyres also

No spacers either as they fit brilliantly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts