Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think the aluminum knobs are kinda bland. I don't know what it would take to make them look better tho. Sticking with the stock ones... until something better appears.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I might have a resource to get aluminum knobs like those shown above produced. Likely around $200-250 a set though, not sure how many takers there would be at that price...
Im in , Jtod start up a list ,please make them black ,

I also may have a source i would need doner knobs though ,i priced them at dealership and for 3 of them its way to much money . Some carbon knobs would be possible ....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm not trying to hijack the thread. I'm also in the middle of making some replacement knobs styled after the oil cap. As Lars mentioned the dealer cost for the knobs is crazy so I bought a complete control panel from ebay to 3D scan to get the dimensions I need for my project, I'll share the scan with anyone that wants them.

I'll be casting mine out of aluminum, magnesium or Zinc alloy.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm not trying to hijack the thread. I'm also in the middle of making some replacement knobs styled after the oil cap. As Lars mentioned the dealer cost for the knobs is crazy so I bought a complete control panel from ebay to 3D scan to get the dimensions I need for my project, I'll share the scan with anyone that wants them.

I'll be casting mine out of aluminum, magnesium or Zinc alloy.
So if I take the scan to a the Machinists/CNC operator, will they be able to mill them out?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
If you guys want stock looking ones, I could cast some at the same time I do my own.

I'll start a thread when I get the scan done.
This also sounds good , my source is super slow it could be months , lets see how this goes , now we are excited and waiting on you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
What? and add weight to the car! No don't do it. I am thinking about drilling small holes in the plastic knobs to shave a few grams...

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
What? and add weight to the car! No don't do it. I am thinking about drilling small holes in the plastic knobs to shave a few grams...
Go on a diet ,much easier ,car still has to look nice ,most important

1 - 20 of 122 Posts