Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not seen any mention so far of an Alarm system on the 4C. I suspect I know what the answer will be to the question "Does it have an alarm?"
For the UK, I think I'll end up getting a tracker fitted anyway, the insurance I suspect will be expensive because of the single piece carbon tub.

·
Registered
17 Posts
sotoole said:
I've not seen any mention so far of an Alarm system on the 4C. I suspect I know what the answer will be to the question "Does it have an alarm?"
For the UK, I think I'll end up getting a tracker fitted anyway, the insurance I suspect will be expensive because of the single piece carbon tub.
[hr]
For the UK it will be a cat 1 alarm and immobiliser factory fitted for insurance.
Regarding the increase cost due to the tub - the elise/vx220 have an alloy tub and as soon as there is even a hint of distortion/damage the car is a total rightoff.
I've just mended a 3 year old Cayman S with frontal damage. Although it was only a Cat D and looked to be minor it wasn't - straightening the front bars was impossible, they wouldn't bend back; cut and reweld only option. Anything more major would have been completely uneconomic. Anyone want to by a cheap Cayman? I have another car coming in the autumn!
So, insurance for a carbon tub, should be ok....until it becomes a real classic and they are not made any more!

·
Registered
446 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts