Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe because they might get the nagging feeling, “Did I really have to spend this much on the Ferrari?”, each time they drove their 4C. Probably not, but I’d like to think there might be an element of truth in it.;) 😁
Maybe because they might get the nagging feeling, “Did I really have to spend this much on the Ferrari?”, each time they drove their 4C. Probably not, but I’d like to think there might be an element of truth in it.;) 😁
Actually, if you if you google 'Alfa 4C Ferrarichat' you will find that quite a few Ferrari owners have a 4C as their fun car. This is actually my first post, but I have been lurking here for a while since I purchased my Dec 18 4C back in March last year. Nothing like having some time on my hands to get more involved.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I love my car but for the price it should definitely have a better interior. The center console and the AC controls just look and feel like plastic garbage. No back up camera except for the newer year models was a bad choice, and we all know about the aftermarket radio complaints. If they would have taken care of these areas the car would have gotten a better reception IMO.
Many have complained about the plastic interior components of the 4C. While I agree that the HAVAC control enclosure & the radio surround are not made of the best plastic. The after market, a few dollars and about 20 minutes of your time for installation does make this an easy fix. Other plastic components like the center console look good, to me, and I see no reason to modify or change it in any way. For me taking a car and making minor mods to suit me is part of the fun of owning a car like this.

Back in the 70's & 80's Mfg's would offer one model with different levels of trim, give it a different model name & charge a premium for that new model. Today, you can do so much better in the after market. Oh! , and I have never seen a 4C with a non-leather interior so I will not comment on that !

After reading so many automotive reviews that criticize plastic interiors. Could all this criticism just be a knee jerk reaction to "any" plastic interior parts. Remember journalists do at times need something to fill space and this seems to be a favorite topic. There are thousands of different plastic formulas some good, some not so good. Is carbon fiber considered as a type type of plastic? Don't know !

Yes, I do agree that they should have added a back-up camera and a better radio.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Have to mostly agree with your thoughts, but the Alpine A110S is similar money to the 4c and the interior is certainly much nicer, the shape & style of the Alpine may not be to every ones taste, but I suppose each to their own!
For similar money, I would prefer a carbon fiber tub to a nicer interior. But wait, is not the visible carbon fiber tub part of the interior? :confused:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think it just all depends on the reviewer. Some reviewers focus on things like infotainment systems. Others focus on seat comfort and viewing angles... Even with some of the best cars out there, there will be different view points on different parts of the cars.

For me, I laugh at some of these reviewers today. They aren't car people; they are people trying to make a living on Youtube reviewing cars. When they complain about rear visibility out of a sports car, it's clear they don't know what a real sports car is nor have driven one. If it's a sports car, unless it's a convertible, rear visibility is going to suck. However, what's behind you no longer matters. :p

Cargo space? It's a sports car.... sigh... It's not meant to be taken to your local hardware store to bring home 18ft 2x4's for your deck project.

It's not the reviewers faults though.. The world has changed and having single purposed vehicles is not the norm and more. When one is introduced at a price point that normal people can afford, it's bound to cause some thumbs down. People are expecting cars for normal people these day to handle multiple purposes. It's the super expensive cars that are thought to be single purpose useless toys.

Me? I'm glad Alfa came back to the US in this fashion. I grew up having "sports cars".. Well, I didn't really grow up if you ask my family, but I got older. ;) I owned a 3rd Gen RX7 for many years which from a purpose perspective was very similar. It just lacked reliability. The 4C for me gives me all the things my old RX7 did, but more and all with a significant increase in reliability. I don't have a spare 4C engine in my garage just waiting for the current one to grenade itself.

TLDR: Don't blame the reviewers for their views on the 4C. The world has shaped their views based on people trying to go with multi-purpose vehicles rather than having a vehicle for each need.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts