Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,
Long time no speak. My apologies for my absence but I have been busy working my arse off to support my expensive habit. The pandemic has changed my perspective about doing things NOW rather than waiting another year or two. I did splurge on a number of car purchases and importantly I've decided it was time to work on the 4C. The final tune is just about ready and still expecting around 400 whp and 380 ft/lb wheel torque. It's already at around 360 whp but I needed to upgrade the MAF sensor to increase the boost from 29 lbs to 35 lbs. I will detail a number of upgrades later but the changes are many and this is a specific build for the TRACK. An important upgrade to eliminate heat soaking is to install the direct CO2 spray on the larger intercooler. I highly recommend this upgrade if you're tracking your 4C including the NACA Duct underneath the car to cool the transmission Pump. Your transmission will fail and this was highly recommended by Jamie at Alfaworks.

I haven't forgotten about my Cash for Guess the Dyno draw and the winner will be announced and cash will be sent. Once again my apologies for the late response. Below are the pics of the latest incarnation. The appearance isn't complete as I'm installing a wind deflector for the driver's side and more carbon ducts will be added to aid in aerodynamics and cooling. This thing turns heads more than my Murcie and the GT3RS. I do wear a helmet while driving. I do have more extensive build pics and what it took to remove the windshield and the pillars. The windshield frame including the A-pillar is all one piece. It is both bolted on with heavy-duty epoxy resin. It was a real bitch to remove the epoxy.

Please let me know if you want to see some removal pics.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,764 Posts
NACA Duct underneath
An excellent idea. Who produces the NACA duct you used?
A photo of the ducting to the transmission pump would be appreciated.
Have you removed the rear window as well?
I’d love to see a small, sixties style wind deflector to finish off the look. She looks like she’s built for a purpose.
Hoping see and hear a video of the finished product, Nimo. What an effort! 👍

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't remember if it was purchased or made. Sht, Let me think>......... I will let you know.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An excellent idea. Who produces the NACA duct you used?
A photo of the ducting to the transmission pump would be appreciated.
Have you removed the rear window as well?
I’d love to see a small, sixties style wind deflector to finish off the look. She looks like she’s built for a purpose.
Hoping see and hear a video of the finished product, Nimo. What an effort! 👍
The rear window will be removed. I do plan on adding overhead ducting in Carbon to feed the engine bay. I think it will add a cool factor and function.
Let me try and get some ducting pics to the tranny. Might be difficult.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,601 Posts
This is a great over the top project. I have been wondering where it was....now I know. One of those very short plexi front window/wind deflectors would add a nice touch although you would still need a helmet. I agree that removing the rear window would also be a bit more aero.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hats off to you for having the cohones to do something completely insane and bespoke! That's all. I have to say. The car looks like to other 4C and I have to say, looks way better than I thought it would.
Again, hats off, took alot of guts to saw off the windscreen but you certainly made it work.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I lost around 80lbs of weight. Carbon windshield frame reinforced with steel, wiper blade, wiper motor, glass, Cloth top and etc. Below more pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 4c and Stelvio
509 Posts
Absolutely stunning

Reactions: Nimo

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I always wondered how a speedster 4c would be like... stunning! Mind sharing your wing setup?
Carbon wing is from API and Aluminum uprights were custom fabricated and bolted to the mounting plates that are welded to the rear frame. This thing is SOLID. There are three settings on the angle of attack on the wing so set the wanted downforce.

·
Registered
298 Posts
That looks hella good!

Reactions: Nimo

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After spending over 4 years with my 4C and tracking and modifying to no end, simply this is the best bang for your buck. I'm still amazed by the qualify of the build and the amount of detail that is evident on the 4C. No short cuts period. Yes, the interior could be better designed but the rest of the build is high quality. No wonder Alfa lost money on this model. There are some weak links if you are heavily tracking the car such as heat soak and tranny issues but most of this can be resolved with minor modifications.

I love this thing and will likely keep this for as long as I can. I never imagined that the 4C could compete and even out lap a Porsche GT3RS but with a good driver, it can compete and win with the best track focused cars.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Incredible build! I love when people push the limits and it's evident that a lot of thought (and money) went into making this a track beast. Looks like a blast and can't wait to see some track videos!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Watching @Nimo talk about 500hp and cutting the windscreen was like rewatching Jurassic Park:

Me, joined the forum: "So you all too dig the 4c?"
Forum: "try to..."
Nemo: "So I'm building a speedster 4c with 400hp"
Forum: finds the idea amusing, smirks, "Haven't you heard of chaos theory? No? Non-linear plan changes, Alfa's build reputation, strange attractions?
Nemo: "I'm thinking like a scientist, and you guys talk like rock stars?"
Forum: "Do you have the money? The engineers? How will you overcome the transmission weaknesses, the heat ceiling programmed into the engine and turbo..."
Nemo: Yes, and the cooling system robustness and try the hybrid turbo versus a larger, and, and... Guys, try to enjoy yourselves with these toys."
Forum: "Let's get one thing straight, nemo, you're talking a whole bunch of crazy and although we all like it, we hate on posters that just spew crazy ideas and not do them. In 48 weeks if I'm not convinced, then everyone's not convinced and will just block you."
Nemo: "In 48 weeks, I'll be accepting your apologies, now, get out of my way."

Something like 48 weeks go by...

I come back to forum after living life, etc...
My eyes come to a rolling stop on the cover image, I don't fully understand, thinking "this shouldn't be here. This species of hot rodding has been extinct since the non-youtube-outsourcing-street-racers era, this thing..."

Opens thread.

"Oh. My. God."

Nemo: "That's my beast's progress."
Me: "You did it, you crazy SOAB you did it."

Download all the pictures, hungry for more on the technical side of the OEM build details, wonder the journey ahead...
Forum, near future: "Nimo, the kind of control you're attempting is not possible. If there's one thing the history of evolution has taught us, it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free. It expands to new territories. It crashes through barriers (🍀hopefully not!). Painfully, maybe even... dangerously, but and... well, there it is."

Other near-future forum: "The lack of humility before OEM that's been displayed here staggers me."
"Don't you see the danger, Nimo, inherent in what you're doing here? A Manufacturer's power is the most awesome force ever seen on this planet of roads and tracks, but you wield it like a kid who's found his dad's Centurion card."
😂Thanks Nimo for being you. More pics please!

·
Registered
Ali Giallo Prototipo w/ red seats
261 Posts
just AMAZING front to back. Best looking front bumper cover ever, what did it take just to make that ? ❗

Reactions: Nimo and GIG5
1 - 20 of 33 Posts