Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I bought some stuff from the UK that was shipped UPS and I got a bill for duties about a week and half later.
I bought a CF Halo and a few other pieces from Koshi for 1368€ ($1600) earlier this year which was shipped from Kosavo to California via DHL. The shipping company didn't assess a duty fee and to my knowledge I didn't get a letter at a later date with duties from DHL, US Customs or the US Treasury. Do you mind me asking who you received the bill for duties from?

As for this purchase, the carbon fiber roof was 3000€ ($3,500). I cannot find a duty fee when I look at the UPS website and enter the tracking info. Im now worried I'll get a large, unexpected bill!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Who sent you the bill? If you don't mind telling me, how much were the duties?

Who sent you the bill? If you don't mind telling me, how much were the duties?

They called me yesterday because they needed some information to clear the package from customs. The duties fees were $126.

·
Registered
200 Posts
They called me yesterday because they needed some information to clear the package from customs. The duties fees were $126.
Ok. That's not bad at all. I was worried it was going to be a BIG number. My tacking said it cleared customs but there was no mention of any duties. Thank you for including the screen shot . Interesting.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i was importing goods from europe its all depends on luck sometime u pay sometime not. same merchandise. mostlly it happens with ups and not dhl. after 10 years my 2 cents its depends on luck and carrier.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i was importing goods from europe its all depends on luck sometime u pay sometime not. same merchandise. mostlly it happens with ups and not dhl. after 10 years my 2 cents its depends on luck and carrier.
Yes, I paid duties fees in the past but it has been randomly. Typically has been on items with declared value over $2000.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I was billed by UPS and the products involved were less than $500 IIRC.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sounds like DHL is the company to use for international shipping. The Koshi products were certainly worth enough that a duty could have been applied, but they used DHL and I never got a bill.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Didn't mean to scare you. We're not talking about 25% chicken tax levels - usually 5-10%. Enjoy your parts and post tons of photos!

·
Registered
812 Posts
I'm amazed at how light weight it is. I think it's lighter than the fabric top and much easier to handle.

Would this fit behind the seat (passenger or driver) if they were pushed all the way in the furthermost front position?
Thank you...can't wait to hear your review!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
dude, it looks so good! How big are the gaps, if any? Can you provide some of those pics too? Did you have to drill in the latches for the straps?
There are some small gaps on the windows that I may need to spend some time adjusting to see if I can eliminate them. Yes, I had to drill in the latches. I will take the pictures tomorrow because now is dark. The car looks great with the top.

101 - 120 of 128 Posts