Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Awesome! Did you attach the straps at the back? I'm heading home from work in about 30 minutes so I haven't taken it out of the bag yet.

Edit... didn't see your last post.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yes, you need to drill them on the back.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just got it installed. It's midnight so the pics aren't good (please excuse the messy garage). I'm taking it to the detailers on Saturday to get it PPFed and to get the CF halo installed (he put a ceramic coating on the roll bar cover a year and a half ago and because of that the double sided tape on the back of the CF Halo won't stick to it). Once all the CF is installed I'll take it out for some nicer photos.

As for early impressions, this is typical CF that requires some working. The external CF is nice and glossy. The weave of the CF matches the OEM weave on the windshield frame perfectly. Unfortunately there is a blemish in the weave that's quite noticeable (to me). There are other fit/finish things that are annoying (especially for the price point) but grand scheme of things it's wonderful to have a hard top that is this gorgeous. It is extremely light weight, which makes it feel flimsy, and out of the box is not water right. Installation and removal so far is awkward, but I have no doubt that will get easier with practice. I'm quite tired at this point so that is probably playing a role. I'm going to go to bed and focus on the joy of having something that is beautiful, light weight and unique on my spider. Updates to come.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Just got it installed. It's midnight so the pics aren't good (please excuse the messy garage). I'm taking it to the detailers on Saturday to get it PPFed and to get the CF halo installed (he put a ceramic coating on the roll bar cover a year and a half ago and because of that the double sided tape on the back of the CF Halo won't stick to it). Once all the CF is installed I'll take it out for some nicer photos.

As for early impressions, this is typical CF that requires some working. The external CF is nice and glossy. The weave of the CF matches the OEM weave on the windshield frame perfectly. Unfortunately there is a blemish in the weave that's quite noticeable (to me). There are other fit/finish things that are annoying (especially for the price point) but grand scheme of things it's wonderful to have a hard top that is this gorgeous. It is extremely light weight, which makes it feel flimsy, and out of the box is not water right. Installation and removal so far is awkward, but I have no doubt that will get easier with practice. I'm quite tired at this point so that is probably playing a role. I'm going to go to bed and focus on the joy of having something that is beautiful, light weight and unique on my spider. Updates to come.

Let us know how you like the Koshi CF Halo, and how it matches up with the roof.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Very nice. Let us know how it holds up against water, if it can stand rain and home wash I might just take plunge as well.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts