Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
I am not sure you do. There is already 5 predrilled holes. I think you simply remove that screw and replace with the clip.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I am not sure you do. There is already 5 predrilled holes. I think you simply remove that screw and replace with the clip.
As per Jagman earlier in the thread:

"Yes you have to drill into the plastic panel above the rear window. Yes there are brackets that attach to the existing hardware at the top of the A pillar"

If I got one of these tops I'd buy a spare panel so I'd have the option to return to stock. I think I'd prefer a one piece top but I get the sense that isn't going to happen.

·
Registered
65 Posts
As per Jagman earlier in the thread:

"Yes you have to drill into the plastic panel above the rear window. Yes there are brackets that attach to the existing hardware at the top of the A pillar"

If I got one of these tops I'd buy a spare panel so I'd have the option to return to stock. I think I'd prefer a one piece top but I get the sense that isn't going to happen.
Would anyone else like to weigh in on the feasibility of this idea? Being able to return to stock would be ideal.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Simple for? I just have the factory roof.

2016 4c Coupe
2018 4c Spider
1993 Spider Veloce
Bit of a typo there. The question was what was your reasons to buy both spider and a coupe and how do you decide which one to drive.

As for the Carbon roof, Id also be interested in a carbon roof if there had to be bends in the rails only on each side where the roof clips into the factory mounts leaving the majority of the centre piece flat.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Bit of a typo there. The question was what was your reasons to buy both spider and a coupe and how do you decide which one to drive.

As for the Carbon roof, Id also be interested in a carbon roof if there had to be bends in the rails only on each side where the roof clips into the factory mounts leaving the majority of the centre piece flat.
Hi,

I bought the coupe new in 2016, I have been an Alfa fan for years. My wife drove mine for the first time last year, was hooked and wanted one, so I bought her a new spider. She does not drive it much, so I have 3 Alfa’s to drive. I just try to rotate them, on the nicest days, the 93 spider wins out with the roof down, it’s a great car. The 2018 spider is basalt gray with dark rims, it doesn’t show dirt on the car or rims, so that wins most on the 4c drives. The coupe is comp red with silver rims and it shows dirt easier, so I drive it less, I like it to look good when it goes out.

Thanks for asking,

Kevin

2016 4c Coupe
2018 4c Spider
1993 Spider Veloce

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,310 Posts
Hi,

I bought the coupe new in 2016, I have been an Alfa fan for years. My wife drove mine for the first time last year, was hooked and wanted one, so I bought her a new spider. She does not drive it much, so I have 3 Alfa’s to drive. I just try to rotate them, on the nicest days, the 93 spider wins out with the roof down, it’s a great car. The 2018 spider is basalt gray with dark rims, it doesn’t show dirt on the car or rims, so that wins most on the 4c drives. The coupe is comp red with silver rims and it shows dirt easier, so I drive it less, I like it to look good when it goes out.

Thanks for asking,

Kevin

2016 4c Coupe
2018 4c Spider
1993 Spider Veloce
ALFA.....Always Looking For Another ;)

161 - 173 of 173 Posts