Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 · (Edited)
Latest Grand Bend Raceway upgrade for my 4C. Tiny Shipping Container to keep Oil, Brake Fluid, Wax, Window Cleaner, Funnel, Cooler and Pit Chairs for Car Lapping Events. When I bring my Grand Daughter, we were extremely cramped bringing Water, Snacks, Camera etc so now I will have a Base Camp for 2022. Also a good place to put gear when it rains.
Cabinetry Handle Rectangle Wood Wood stain

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

What a great night at The BEND. Tonight’s 2021 Season Finale was a Sold Out Event with 42 Drivers entered. We ran on the Screaming Alien Circuit which seemed to be popular with the drivers. I was really happy to finish the Track Night Season with a Personal Best Lap of 68.67 Seconds which was over a second quicker than my previous time. I can’t wait to see the 2022 Track Night Schedule.

We are scheduled for an October 9th Track Day with a very wet forecast.

·
Administrator
17,395 Posts
Dry lap
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Automotive tire

Damp lap
Cloud Tire Vehicle Wheel Sky

Wet lap (John’s car)
Water Sky Vehicle Natural landscape Automotive tire

Oh and we had this on track with us (car has done time attack internationally, plased 3rd in unlimited at Pike’s Peak this year, too).

Cloud Tire Sky Vehicle Wheel

·
Administrator
17,395 Posts
Glad to hear it. I plan to start tracking mine more and my goal with the 4C is to keep it "arrive and drive".
It's a really fun car to throw around a race track.
Will never be as fast as many trailered-in cars, even if you put a ton of money into it. If you're going to try to break a track record, a Radical or similar is probably the better way to go. But to put a smile on your face, and still give you a challenge, the 4C is pretty awesome.

Of course, this car is somewhat limited by what you can carry (no extra tires, jack, fuel cans) with you. But with a track close to home (in our case, it's 30-60 minutes away), and a great group of regulars who will gladly lend a tool or a hand if needed, 'arrive and drive' works quite well. I'd say 75% or more of the cars here show up that way.

My biggest fear is a blown tire.
Not having a decent rear tow point is also a drawback. So just "don't go off". LOL

·
Registered
847 Posts
I don't need to chase lap times. If I want to do that, I'll drag my race car out. ;) For me it will be something to use when I want to hit a single track day rather than an entire weekend where I would trailer. But also use it for demonstration laps for new drivers. My race car (currently) does not have a passenger seat but I may put one in since I have an extra competition-expired seat.

I did the one track day with it a month after I got it just to have some fun. It had been more years than I care to say out loud when I was able to pack up to leave an event by just putting a few things in a trunk. The older I get, the less desirable it is to deal with a trailer.

181 - 190 of 190 Posts