Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
A good example of just how good the 4C is through the tight technical stuff. You can see how it keeps up to my ZL1 1LE through all the twisty stuff. It only starts falling behind once the two cars hit the main straight and the ZL1 can flex its horsepower advantage.

I am always so impressed at how capable the 4C was through the corners with a simple wheel and tire upgrade. And my car didn't even have the upgraded track suspension from the factory. The 4C just needs a little power boost to be more competitive.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
This year I am going to concentrate on improving my driving, so instead of making changes to the car, I am investing in me. I am on standby for eye surgery, I am on the Sim practicing The BEND on Assetto Corsa, working on endurance on the Cubii, working out on my Steering Rig, I just ordered BlazePods to improve my reflexes and ordered Senaptec Strobe Glasses like they use at PitFit. I will also invest in more Track Events instead of car modifications. I am 72. The 4C is better than I am. I am reading more driver training books and will attempt to use the Data from my Garmin Catalys, Aim Solo and ApexPro Coach equipment. Looking forward to the spring. Camera accessory Camera Camera lens Lens Cameras & optics
Glasses Goggles Vision care Sunglasses Eyewear
Blue White Light Product Black
Joint Arm Furniture Leg White
Light Watch Font Electric blue Circle
Cap Hat Sleeve Font Logo
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Motor vehicle Poster Font Auto part Automotive exterior
Glasses Vision care Product Goggles Eyewear
Font Rectangle Signage Electric blue Brand

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
Car and Driver Magazine Lightening Lap issue is out. They Track Test performance vehicles at Virginia International Raceway. They have released a list of all the vehicles they have tested over the years at this Lightening Lap event. The Alfa Romeo 4C is 201st on the list, yes two hundred first. I can’t wait to get back On Track. Here is a link to the list Lightning Lap Results 2006 to 2022: Every Car, Every Lap Time
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
Mode of transport Font Line Motor vehicle Rectangle

the Preregistration Link for Grand Bend Raceway should be fixed and up and running by Monday April 18th. I will post the link as soon as it is available. Really looking forward to the 2022 Season. I hope to see an increase in Alfa Romeo 4C as well as other Alfa Romeo entries.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
Going on track with Drew tomorrow for a private day. Way too early in the season.
Debating on whether I should put worn Bridgestone on, or leave the P-zeros on the car. I don’t own snow tires for the 4C! :D
Kevin - have fun. My car is still in storage but will be out soon. Maybe you can post some pictures and report how April 10th goes.

·
Administrator
18,504 Posts
Track was nearly empty. Was intended to be a shakedown for some Lucky Dog endurance racing entries for next weekend's race at Mosport. Only one team showed, plus maybe 5-6 open lappers. So we had the track to ourselves. I did the equivalent of 7 sessions for $130. Darn good deal!!!
Gas prices were noticeable. Last year that would have been about $60. Today was $105.

Mid 1:15's on well worn RE71R tires. Boost was amazing all day, but the track was cold and tires were never going to work (hence my choice).

Few pix.
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Sky Tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle Car

·
Premium Member
15 Madreperla white/red, BMW 1M, 996 Turbo, 69 Datsun 2000, 17 STI, 04 Baja Turbo, 89 Trooper RS
306 Posts
@4Canada Good for you (and Drew) for getting out there! Cold weather experience is still experience. Can you post more pics of your livery? I can’t see it all but it looks cool.

·
Administrator
18,504 Posts
@4Canada Good for you (and Drew) for getting out there! Cold weather experience is still experience. Can you post more pics of your livery? I can’t see it all but it looks cool.
Thanks. Always learning. And sharing the car with others. Took four people out (including the M3 owner, who was on the endurance team, and who’s last track day last fall was in Barcelona, in an older F1 car! People who know ... know. ;)

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
15 Madreperla white/red, BMW 1M, 996 Turbo, 69 Datsun 2000, 17 STI, 04 Baja Turbo, 89 Trooper RS
306 Posts
Your car looks great. Wow, I’m envious of the M3 owner even if he was passenger in one of the custom 2-seaters. If he was the driver then I’m speechless

·
Administrator
18,504 Posts
Your car looks great. Wow, I’m envious of the M3 owner even if he was passenger in one of the custom 2-seaters. If he was the driver then I’m speechless
Driver. 2001 Cosworth V10 Jag. Actual championship car.
Pay enough money, and I guess anything is possible.
Apparently a French company, LRS, which restores and maintains privately owned race cars and has a number of them which they use in this fashion. I have to learn more (not that I have the money to do that!).

This is his video:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
First Track Night of 2022. I ran my used Hankook RS4 that had 13 Track Events on them. My best lap last night was a 73.1 on the Technical Circuit which was about four tenths slower than my best on these tires last year. I tried Race Mode in the second session and went slower. Maybe better on fresh tires which I will try later. I finally got an appointment for cataract surgery next week after waiting since June 2020. i am hoping this will improve my vision which has been getting worse.

Next Track Night is Wednesday May 25th. This is a Track Day on Monday May 23rd.

·
Registered
52 Posts
First Track Night of 2022. I ran my used Hankook RS4 that had 13 Track Events on them. My best lap last night was a 73.1 on the Technical Circuit which was about four tenths slower than my best on these tires last year. I tried Race Mode in the second session and went slower. Maybe better on fresh tires which I will try later. I finally got an appointment for cataract surgery next week after waiting since June 2020. i am hoping this will improve my vision which has been getting worse.

Next Track Night is Wednesday May 25th. This is a Track Day on Monday May 23rd.
Race mode & went slower!!!!
Impossible. Inconceivable !!!!

I am saying that (tongue in cheek) as I stated earlier in this forum, Race mode does not make the car faster & in Dynamic mode the traction control only comes on when you make a bunch of mistakes...

David

201 - 220 of 222 Posts