Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,643 Posts
As John says, above, there will be 3 4C's running at Grand Bend Raceway on Wednesday evening, Sept 2.
If you are local, come join us.
Make it 4 on track, or just stop by and say "hello".

@RickMcB , I'd love to see you again. Anyone else?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Kevin, do know your top speed on the runway on the Technical Circuit? My data recorded 112.9 MiPH. Wednesday should be a good time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Beautiful night at Grand Bend Raceway. We had two 4C Alfa’s On Track tonight. Unfortunately one didn’t make it. I am getting more comfortable with mine and recorded a much quicker personal best lap of 72.873 seconds with a predicted best of 72.467. Still on Hankook RS4 Tires which I like. The more I drive the car the more I like it.
EA07C8F9-8C55-4E21-9607-7D19ADE5A1F2.jpeg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Back to The BEND on Wednesday September 16th for another Track Night. The 4C is getting clear wrap and some 49s. After reviewing Data from the last Track Night I will try some new ideas in search of tenths of a second improvement.
35C10CA3-C0A3-4953-9ADB-2249DDE0B100.jpeg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Gents,

Let me know how the 23rd is shaping up at Grand Bend and I’ll look at my schedule

Thanks,
Phil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,643 Posts
Gents,

Let me know how the 23rd is shaping up at Grand Bend and I’ll look at my schedule

Thanks,
Phil

Saturday the 26th is also lapping, if you have that open on your calendar, Phil!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Back from another Track Night. I was disappointed that I ran slower this week with 73.3s but I was more consistent Great variety of cars tonight. The Intermediate Yellow Group again Sold Out. I talked to numerous drivers who plan to return for the last two Track Nights - Wednesday September 23rd and Wednesday October 7th. I hope some more 4C cars enter.
344C8B75-1F0B-4B3F-B6A7-96C19FC7D3B7.jpeg
452AA7C4-C5E3-4CF1-87F5-CEACE6244478.jpeg
7808671C-C94C-42F5-98B2-2722F530A930.jpeg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The weather forecast for Wednesday September 23rd looks great. If you live in the London, Sarnia, Windsor, Kitchener area, see if you can make it to Grand Bend Raceway. They offer Novice, Intermediate and Advanced Run Groups. Never been On Track? We want you.
CD73A22C-7DEB-4375-9549-F333D8965487.jpeg
01B1ED1B-C095-489C-836A-B8F95DD8188E.jpeg
7AF2DAA6-BE73-49DB-AD8C-09EEE889891B.jpeg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Was hoping to make it out tonight, but kids are in two different spots doing two different things and couldn’t figure out carpooling... aiming for next week

·
Super Moderator
15,643 Posts
Any chance for this Saturday, @pgicante ? Or are you working for the kids all weekend?
Trying to get a number of 4C's out for that one. Someone else said they were hoping to come with their yellow spider.

@Mister_2 any chance that you might be headed west that day?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Another great night at The BEND. Lots of cars. I managed to run a personal best tonight on the Technical Circuit with a 72.64 with a predicted best of 72.3. Still with the same setup.

I may run this Saturday September 26th on The Mod Circuit at Grand Bend. I will know tomorrow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Signed up for this Saturday September 26th for Car Lapping at Grand Bend Motorplex. We are trying to get more Alfa Romeos On Track or to spectate and investigate what we do. Schedule is 10 to 5. I would recommend arriving in the morning. We will be on The MOD Circuit.
09F39068-79F4-43BF-958D-A7D208FAE8FC.jpeg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Kevin, Rick and I had fun with our 4C Alfa’s on Saturday. Just a few October Track Events left this season. The more I drive the 4C the more I like it. Now I need to get an eye appointment to get a visual tune up. Once that is done I can look forward to 2021 that I pray will see an improvement in world health.
91A1979F-D97F-44F1-86AE-54DA9A09839F.jpeg

·
Registered
131 Posts
It was an absolute blast being in the company of two Pro Drivers. I learned a lot and had a tremendous time thanks to your guidance and encouragement. Never realized how hard it is to drive smoothly to go fast. The 4C is an amazing car to learn on, can't imagine driving something not as nimble and light. A few sore muscles but the smile's still on my face.

·
Super Moderator
15,643 Posts
It was an absolute blast being in the company of two Pro Drivers. I learned a lot and had a tremendous time thanks to your guidance and encouragement. Never realized how hard it is to drive smoothly to go fast. The 4C is an amazing car to learn on, can't imagine driving something not as nimble and light. A few sore muscles but the smile's still on my face.
Glad to hear!
Yeah, your face muscles might be among the most sore! :D

I feel beaten up, but part of that was a ride-along that I had after you left, in the old Crown Vic police cruiser. I have no idea how that car stuck to the road the way it did, or how the tranny and diff did’t come flying out the back of it. He only got to 155 on the straight, but braked way later than I do (at 185) with a car that probably weighs 75% more than ours! Still, it was a fun experience. The guy had great car control.

Also, on my last session the skydiving plane was taking off from the grass strip just past the straight. I was right beside him, and slowed down to stay under him and watch him go (Cessna Sky caravan, probably climbs out at 70 knots and had about a 15 knot headwind, so I could have easily passed him, but that was more fun. After the session, I saw 6 skydivers landing in the front yard of the school.

Also went back over to the drag strip and watched a couple more cars and bikes go.

Those are the kinds of memories that you take away from a day at the track with friends!

21 - 40 of 89 Posts