Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
It was an absolute blast being in the company of two Pro Drivers. I learned a lot and had a tremendous time thanks to your guidance and encouragement. Never realized how hard it is to drive smoothly to go fast. The 4C is an amazing car to learn on, can't imagine driving something not as nimble and light. A few sore muscles but the smile's still on my face.
I thought I was the only one that was sore. I was completely worn out after my first day in the Alfa. Thanks for joining us.

·
Super Moderator
15,606 Posts
Anybody from the forum coming out to Grand Bend on October 24?
CSCS has its final event of 2020 here.
They are offering limited open lapping as well as drag and drift competitions. Not sure if they are running a time attack at this one but don't believe so.

Other dates for open lapping here are tomorrow evening, Oct 7, Monday Oct 12 (if we can get enough signed up for this), and Saturday, October 17 (put on by Falcon Autosport), if you can make it!

·
Registered
36 Posts
To the OP, you should try the 4C at Mosport (I am old school) aka Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. The 4C is just so much fun in momentum corners... you can carry such high speeds etc... very fun car.

·
Super Moderator
15,606 Posts
To the OP, you should try the 4C at Mosport (I am old school) aka Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. The 4C is just so much fun in momentum corners... you can carry such high speeds etc... very fun car.
The GP track? Everybody you've passed through the first half dozen corners would be passing you again going uphill on the back straight! :)

I know a few members who have run their cars on that track. Sounds like a blast. I'd love to do the DDT - much more a track for our cars, I think. Bucket list stuff, but not until retirement for me, I think.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The GP track? Everybody you've passed through the first half dozen corners would be passing you again going uphill on the back straight! :)

I know a few members who have run their cars on that track. Sounds like a blast. I'd love to do the DDT - much more a track for our cars, I think. Bucket list stuff, but not until retirement for me, I think.

4Canada... I am very fortunate to instruct at both locations, so my car gets lot of track time. The 4C can hold it's own up the back straight. I can easily hit 200 kph, but usually hit over 215 kph. The key is to carry momentum from corners 1 -5, so you build up a good lead then the high horsepower cars can't just zoom past you then block you thru the 8, 9, 10. That said a good driver in a GT3 has got you covered everywhere.

BTW, I have a video of me chasing down a McLaren 570 at Mont Tremblant (on YouTube). So it can be sorta done, depending on who is in the other car.

Lastly, after doing the GP track at Mosport, well.... you gotta do it. So Good.

David G.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Preparing for the 2021 Track Nights. Just got off the phone with Matt at Alfa9Supply where I ordered a Stage 1 ECU, Capristo Cat and an Intercooler. I decided to get some Covid Safe Coaching so I have a Garmin Catalyst on order which I hope will arrive soon so I can enter Grand Bend Raceway on it at the last Track Day this Saturday. The 4C is stored so I will be running my Honda HRV.

1DA842EC-84DE-4596-BF32-1357BC23842B.jpeg 7D495752-6640-4B67-9124-FB7A52B9A341.jpeg DFC92641-5C43-45CC-9D8F-60566CA33074.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
15,606 Posts
Always on the cutting edge, John!
Enjoy it.

My car is stored as well, so I won't be able to run this Saturday. As of yesterday, I figured that snow tires would be required, but the weather looks great for the rest of this week.
Have a great time!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Looking for “Opportunities” to improve my driving. I am anxious for 2021 to try the Garmin Catalyst Coach suggestions on the Grand Bend Raceway Technical Circuit, Mod Circuit and Screaming Alien Circuit. Perhaps we can get more 4C owners to join us.
97CE008E-63C7-478E-8BC1-AD6F7BF964AB.jpeg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looking for “Opportunities” to improve my driving. I am anxious for 2021 to try the Garmin Catalyst Coach suggestions on the Grand Bend Raceway Technical Circuit, Mod Circuit and Screaming Alien Circuit. Perhaps we can get more 4C owners to join us.
John, when you get the Garmin, I would love to hear your opinion about it. Look like a really cool device.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't have it (at least not yet) but I have friends who worked on that product. They are racers and are very proud of the the product. I haven't seen it yet, but I know a few people who have bought them. They haven't used them enough since the product just came out but I do believe it's going to be a legit product for track fanatics.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Ross Bentley and Peter Krause ( driving coaches ) seem enthused about the product. I have Aim Solo and Apex Pro data equipment, after listening to a Ross Bentley podcast about the Garmin I learned that the Catalyst is a Driver Coaching Tool. It is reported to be in a new category. I hope it arrives tomorrow so I can try it on Saturday.

I hope we can get more Alfa Romeo 4C Drivers to join us On Track at Grand Bend Raceway in 2021. I will post the schedule when it becomes available in the new year.
75AF9E93-B73C-4C8E-AF46-709BD9100F56.jpeg

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
The Garmin did not arrive today. But I did order G Lock R12 / R8 Brake Pads as recommended by Frank and Danny at G Lock. 2021 Track Nights are coming.

·
Super Moderator
15,606 Posts
The Garmin did not arrive today. But I did order G Lock R12 / R8 Brake Pads as recommended by Frank and Danny at G Lock. 2021 Track Nights are coming.
Is Grant doing a bulk buy (for shipping) on these brake pads again, or did you go it alone?

I’m still torn. My Tarox didn’t last long, but they stopped the car really well all day long (once they warmed up a bit). And they were gentle on the rotors, other than the issue that I had with uneven transfer material buildup (which I believe you had also).

Frank recommended that one change to new rotors with the G-Loc (or have your rotors turned to remove all trace of foreign transfer material), and not to change back and forth. Maybe I’d give the GL’s a try on the stock rotors, but I picked up two more sets of Tarox Corsa already, so I may have most of 2021 sorted.

If you decide to sell what’s left of your Tarox pads, let me know!

Have fun today!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi guys.. I'm following along in this thread.

As an avid track guy...I was wondering why neither of you tried the pagid pads.

I have used them and they stop great... Great pedal feel and also easy on the rotors.

David G.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,606 Posts
Hi guys.. I'm following along in this thread.

As an avid track guy...I was wondering why neither of you tried the pagid pads.

I have used them and they stop great... Great pedal feel and also easy on the rotors.

David G.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
For me, it was a toss-up between Tarox Corsa and Pagid PF13 (I think that was the compound). After talking with Matt @ Alfa9, I went with the Corsa, but the Pagid’s were my next step if I didn’t like these.

The G-locks are available in Canada, which is a huge plus. Between exchange rates, shipping, and customs, anything purchased retail out of the USA (especially if not made under NAFTA) becomes stupid expensive. I just got the FedEx bill for customs brokerage on two sets of Tarox front pads. CDN$170. That is on top of the shipping and a roughly 33% premium on their dollar. If I could find a Canadian supplier who stocked the Tarox or Pagid pads, I’d be a happier camper.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts