Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
There is a pagid dealer in Canada.. Markham Ontario.

That's where I got mine. I also for my Giro discs there. Very good pricing.

Braidan tire.

Check them out.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Kevin - these Socks are available from Mini Grid in Toronto.

Today, Saturday November 7th was a perfect day at Grand Bend Raceway. We ran 20 minute sessions on the Technical Circuit in the morning and switched to the Mod Circuit in the afternoon. My grand daughter and I have a ton of fun running our Honda HRV SUV ( Alfa in storage ). John Scratch was generous and asked me to drive his BMW track car for a session, what a great handling car which was extremely fun to run. We had a wonderful day.

I went with the G Lock Pads because I heard about them on a Speed Secrets Podcast and they were recommended to me by a few people that have experience with G Locks. I also get along well with Frank in British Columbia. I just ordered them myself, I was not sure what others were doing. kitefan69, Thanks for the information about the availability of other makes in Ontario.

I may still attempt to setup the Garmin Catalyst next week if it arrives. Tim said I could drop by The BEND if he is there.
73E59E84-13F7-4704-9D5F-6637E582A314.jpeg
490DA7D2-8D63-4647-BC9D-4CB0BF55D26E.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
15,646 Posts
Thanks, John. Santa has been advised as to the socks! Might be the first pair that I won’t have to pretend to appreciate receiving!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I see this launch edition 4C listed for sale in Ontario on AutoTrader tonight. I hope someone in the London area buys it and joins us On Track in 2021. I wonder how many 4C owners we can recruit to get On Track next year?
06DB6777-8AAE-4F4D-9D75-CD459B6B4EB0.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
15,646 Posts
Is that the one in Windsor? I know that Provincial Chrysler’s Alfa store there had a white LE posted last week. Would be nice to get a group together on track next year.

But I’ll also be happy if we can just get ours out agan.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Garmin did not arrive today. But I did order G Lock R12 / R8 Brake Pads as recommended by Frank and Danny at G Lock. 2021 Track Nights are coming.
Let me know how those R-12 work out for you - I'm getting excess transfer on the R-10, but at least no vibrations.

Lots of folks go with G-Loc since the dust isn't corrosive, they can come pre-bedded, and they're happy to cut custom sizing.

Bedding is finicky - definitely make sure the rotors are removed of the old layer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I see this launch edition 4C listed for sale in Ontario on AutoTrader tonight. I hope someone in the London area buys it and joins us On Track in 2021. I wonder how many 4C owners we can recruit to get On Track next year? View attachment 111311
John,

I saw that as well. It ticks the boxes on my checklist - LE, Madreperla White. Need to figure out storage space and some other Alfa projects (Jr. Z bodywork etc.). Did the last few LEs sell for closer to $60k CAD?

Kevin,
It lists a private seller near Ottawa.

Regards,
Phil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,646 Posts
John,

I saw that as well. It ticks the boxes on my checklist - LE, Madreperla White. Need to figure out storage space and some other Alfa projects (Jr. Z bodywork etc.). Did the last few LEs sell for closer to $60k CAD?

Kevin,
It lists a private seller near Ottawa.

Regards,
Phil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well, if it is of interest, Windsor has a white LE with < 2,300Km also at $65K right now.

Talk to Kevin Wood. Tell him where you heard it. ;)

Not sure what the most recent LE's sold for but I'm sure John will answer when he sees. He was in the market more recently than I (two's enough!).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
If I remember correctly most of the LE models were listed in the $65,000 to $70,000 Range. They are worth what someone is willing to pay. There were lots of 4C Alfas listed 12 months ago in Canada. Not near as many now. I hope some of these are purchased in this area.

My Garmin Catalysts arrived. I hope to get Grand Bend Raceway loaded this week.

93A1D992-CE68-49A3-B748-34AF1CFB8738.jpeg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Got to The BEND today and loaded the Technical, Mod and Screaming Alien Circuits into the Garmin Catalyst. I believe the Audio On Track Coaching is a game changer and will give me the best opportunity to lower my 2021 Lap Times.
80D53D7D-1C3E-45DB-B5BE-976E88DCDCA0.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
15,646 Posts
Keen to see if this is the case, John.
I’ll let you be the Guinea pig - I like the idea, but want to see if it’s the real deal.

Thanks for all the videos you posted about it on the fb page.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Keven - I am more excited to use the Catalyst than any performance mod I have ever purchased. I rate it 10 out of 10. I believe you will enjoy car lapping even more when you have this product. You helped me with numerous suggestions to setup the 4C, now I am returning the favour by recommending the Garmin Catalyst to you.
A04CCB24-BD24-4E74-A6EB-509EAAD77702.jpeg
199818F6-550D-4E31-9D96-B0254B6A0F82.jpeg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I see Pfaff has a 2015 LE listed on AutoTrader. I hope it gets purchased by an area driver who will join us On Track.
CABF8880-8C60-4483-A936-BED5A65EDF1E.jpeg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I am going with G Loc R12 Front Brake Pads and R8 Rear Brake Pads which I just received

G-LOC™ R12:
Raising the bar even higher is the R12 compound with an excellent initial bite, high and consistent torque, and outstanding fade resistance over and above the R10. R12 has a temperature range of 173°F to 1860°F (78°C to 1015°C). The G-LOC™ R12 continues our excellent release and modulation that has been engineered into all previous G-LOC™ compounds. The R12 is slightly more disc/rotor aggressive than R10 but more disc/rotor friendly compared to our competition. G-LOC™ does NOT recommended R12 for daily use on the street due to elevated levels of dust and noise.

R8: A high torque brake compound with a wide operating temperature range of 74°F-1250°F+ (23°C to 676°C+). G-LOC™ R8 is the first of our extensive lineup of racing compounds. Good initial bite along with excellent modulation and release characteristics. Extremely high fade resistance and very rotor friendly.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
Just released 2021 Grand Bend Raceway Car Lapping Tentative Schedule. Great News - the Preregister Entry remains at $88 including tax. How many Alfa owners can we get to join us in 2021?
3D874D8E-F7DD-45CB-B1D2-077B2B0CA812.jpeg

61 - 80 of 89 Posts