Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,540 Posts
What does a track day there cost?
At the gate evenings is $93 plus HST per the website page. Not sure if that is updated to 2021 price though.

Weekends full days (there are only a few) $146 in advance, $164 at the gate (plus HST).

Various organizations run their own days here, charging whatever they might (HPDE vs lapping, etc).

Owing to Covid19, there was no “at the gate” registration this year.

·
Super Moderator
16,540 Posts
14 dates, almost all evenings. That's only 600 laps for the year! Better not miss too many!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Kevin, I hope we get to run these three configurations a minimum of three times, we could a minimum of four times. What are your thoughts? Do you think some people would not attend because their preferred Circuit was not running?
7247061B-F606-48DA-970E-3EEB5A866DD6.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
16,540 Posts
Kevin, I hope we get to run these three configurations a minimum of three times, we could a minimum of four times. What are your thoughts? Do you think some people would not attend because their preferred Circuit was not running? View attachment 111734
If they do pass because of that, then I think they will miss out on a lot of fun.

I’d like to try the long track layout again, too. That was the first configuration that I ever ran here, and still my favourite. But I’ll come to any dates that I can make it out to.

How about you?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
My 2021 plan is to run all the Track Days listed above as well as another three or more private track days at Grand Bend with a group that I know. The Long Track is fun as long as drivers respect the potential speed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I planned on ordering my tires then found out that some sizes are being discontinued for 2021. I have been running Hankook RS4 215/45/17 with 245/40/18 on Advan Wheels. I have been told Hankook RS4 215 and Yokohama A052 215 will not be available. I contacted Matt at Alfa9 for some suggestions to consider. I hope to get my Tire order in this week. In these very uncertain times you never know how production could be effected which could effect availability.

I see Grand Bend Raceway may be available on Sim Racing in the future. That could be significant in promoting our Track.

·
Super Moderator
9,052 Posts
I planned on ordering my tires then found out that some sizes are being discontinued for 2021. I have been running Hankook RS4 215/45/17 with 245/40/18 on Advan Wheels. I have been told Hankook RS4 215 and Yokohama A052 215 will not be available. I contacted Matt at Alfa9 for some suggestions to consider. I hope to get my Tire order in this week. In these very uncertain times you never know how production could be effected which could effect availability.

I see Grand Bend Raceway may be available on Sim Racing in the future. That could be significant in promoting our Track.
Yoko A052’s are available in 205/45x17....and 235/40x18. My next choice of track rubber. But I am running standard wheels. Good prices too. Not a serious track junkie but these look like a good compromise and won’t sound like you’ve got stuffed wheel bearings on all four wheels while driving to and from the track.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
I have been gathering tIre information over the last four days trying to decide what make and what size tires for my Advan 17 inch and 18 inch wheels. I am considering Toyo R888R, Nitto NT01 and Hankook RS4. Toyo has the largest selection of sizes. Comparing weight, availability and costs. January is flying by so I want to get my order in soon.
64E67F9B-11C5-4CEE-9B41-481831F5535A.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
16,540 Posts
I have been gathering tIre information over the last four days trying to decide what make and what size tires for my Advan 17 inch and 18 inch wheels. I am considering Toyo R888R, Nitto NT01 and Hankook RS4. Toyo has the largest selection of sizes. Comparing weight, availability and costs. January is flying by so I want to get my order in soon. View attachment 113331
Where can you get the R888R?
Toyo only sells those through its motorsports dealers. Brantford is the closest to us.
Regular tire dealers cannot get them. I tried through small guys, Kal, and Tiecraft a couple of years ago.

I assume you’ve found our tire review thread (bit track specific, but useful)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Where can you get the R888R?
Toyo only sells those through its motorsports dealers. Brantford is the closest to us.
Regular tire dealers cannot get them. I tried through small guys, Kal, and Tiecraft a couple of years ago.

I assume you’ve found our tire review thread (bit track specific, but useful)
Have you tried Adrena Garage in Oakville? If not give JRP a try. Mention my name either way for a good deal ;)

·
Super Moderator
16,540 Posts
I have a new set for the 4C. Ran the RE71 R on my S2000 CR, lasted a couple of Track Nights.
I’ve got maybe 5 or 6 events out of mine each time (combination full days and nights). My 4th (or is it 5th? I’ve lost count) set is new on wheels for May. Last year’s final set has one more day in it after I turned them on the wheels late last season. Granted, I’m slower than you are, but I’m also still learning not to overwork the tires (pushing too hard in a few corners instead of being patient and reducing understeer).

They do OK for me when I give them a cool down lap halfway through the session (say, lap 7). After that, they are good to finish just about as strong as they started. Otherwise, they just get greasier and greasier. I think that RE-71R are really good for our part of the world, especially on cooler spring and fall days. Decent tire but are getting expensive for the wear you get from them.

Have you tried Adrena Garage in Oakville? If not give JRP a try. Mention my name either way for a good deal ;)
Further away from me than Brantford. But appreciate it!
I ran a used set of triple-8R a few years ago. Granted, I think that I’ve improved a lot since then, my car is better set up now, and those tires were likely heat cycled out (they had a lot of Nurburgring laps on them!), but I found that it took a lot of time to get them really sticky. Yeah, they were good at picking up gravel even when cold, but my stock brakes were starting to complain by the time the rubber was ready to come to the fight. And once worn, they were downright scary in damp conditions (again, that might have been more me than tires, but when you look at what passes for “tread” on these...).

Keen on trying some new brands this year. Impressed with the Yoko 4 seasons on my truck, so their new track tires are in the running. Some Falkens might happen, too. Maybe Nankang AR1. Whichever one size and availability and price align on.

One thing I’m not keen on are all the offshore ones showing up. Just saw a deal on “Landsail” brand Cup2 knockoffs. The brand has made heavy equipment tires for a while, and I’ve steered away from those. Not keen on trusting my life to them on track just to save $400.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts