Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
The Saturday May 1st opening day will soon be here. Jamie at Honda House has finished the installation of the new Tarox Rotors and new G-Loc pads. Honda House ( my Honda Dealership in Chatham ) takes care of the suspension, brakes and tires. I just got off the phone with Shawn the Service Manager at Alfa Romeo of London to book an appointment to get a cam belt, water pump, bolt tightening service as well as the Stage 1 ECU installation. They have the tools and experience. I also like to support the local dealership.
721CDA5E-D06D-452B-9C41-515F76131381.jpeg

I can’t ever remember being so anxious to get back On Track at Grand Bend Raceway. Better brakes, slight bump in power with the Stage 1 ECU, larger tires and the Garmin Catalyst Audio Driver Coach.

·
Super Moderator
16,535 Posts
John, Shawn just handed me back the keys to my track car this morning after the timing belt, bolt tightening, and other work.
They even finally fixed my right rear quarter panel gap - it's perfect now!

ECU install is something that you can do yourself - I can likely do mine blindfolded by now! ;)
Not that they are going to charge you an arm and a leg for the trouble, but just so you know.

·
Super Moderator
16,535 Posts
I also picked up another set of RE71-R tires before they go extinct. Ordered and confirmed coming in for April 15 at last year's pricing (through London Tire).
So there are still some around for now. Two new sets and the leftovers from last year should get me well into this season. We'll see how many dates I can make it to this year, as lockdown hours did me a favour in 2020. Not sure I can get away from the office as easily in 2021, but I'll try!

·
Registered
215 Posts
You 4Canada and John Elliot are truly addicted...and in my opinion that's a GREAT thing. Two true great gentlemen that love what they're doing and have a passion for it. Never change and keep charging forever. Because you only have one 'kick at the can' so make it a good one. Thank you both for making my experience a positive one that will last forever. I will certainly join you again this year if not to 'track my car', rather to watch you (the pros) and enjoy your company again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
John, Shawn just handed me back the keys to my track car this morning after the timing belt, bolt tightening, and other work.
They even finally fixed my right rear quarter panel gap - it's perfect now!

ECU install is something that you can do yourself - I can likely do mine blindfolded by now! ;)
Not that they are going to charge you an arm and a leg for the trouble, but just so you know.
Kevin,

Had my Giulia Q in for spring prep last week, saw your 4C on the hoist with the rear panels off. Spent 15-20 minutes just taking a good look at everything ;-)

Regards,
Phil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,535 Posts
Kevin,

Had my Giulia Q in for spring prep last week, saw your 4C on the hoist with the rear panels off. Spent 15-20 minutes just taking a good look at everything ;-)

Regards,
Phil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good to hear from you, Phil.

Think we can drag you out to the track this year?

Hope you’re enjoying this great early spring weather.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Rick, we are going to have Fun in 2021. I am leaving the race option stock exhaust, shocks, springs, bars on for now. Alpha9 Supply and GMS have lots of optional parts that are tempting. It will be great to have you join us in the pits or On Track.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Opening Day is Saturday May 1st. Despite the possibility that May 1st possibly could be canceled due to the Ontario COVID shutdown, preregistration has been strong. In fact the Green / Novice and Yellow / Intermediate Groups are Sold Out. The Red / Advanced Group has 2 entries left as of 4 pm on Wednesday April 14th. The Season Opening Track Night is Wednesday May 12th.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
873E4E90-B3E5-4CEC-9820-2FC1AB84F29F.jpeg

Saturday May 1st was scheduled as Grand Bend Raceway’s 2021 Season Opener, however the Ontario COVID Lockdown changed that. My grand daughter and I ended up at the front gate of Grand Bend Raceway on the first. We will return on Monday May 24th for the New Season Opener on The Mod Circuit depending on provincial rulings. There are 37 Drivers Preregistered with 4 Green / Novice and 1 Red / Advanced registrations still available. The Car Lapping Events are restricted to a Maximum of 42 Drivers divided into three run groups made up of 14 Drivers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
697C8423-70A1-4329-9620-33454AC2ECB3.jpeg

How many Alfa Romeo 4C drivers can we get to Grand Bend Raceway on the same day or track night? Last year we had three at the same time. How many do you think we can get and when in 2021? 3FE912D0-0DB8-4DEC-A4D5-4EAA22B92AAD.jpeg

121 - 137 of 137 Posts