Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
141 - 160 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Font Line Electronic device Parallel Display device

It was fun to get back On Track at The Bend on the Technical Circuit. First time using the Garmin Catalyst which works great. However, I found that I will definitely need headphones to take advantage of the Audio Coaching. Since this was the first runs on the track in 2021, I found it a challenge to find the traction we are accustomed to. I got a Stage 1 ECU from Alfa9 which increased the speed which also contributed to less traction with the RS4 Tires that I have been running since last year. As I get older I am discovering that I am wearing out quicker than my tires. We are waiting for Official Word announcing the June Schedule.

Meanwhile I will be watching the 105th Indianapolis 500 tomorrow.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
We ran the Mod Circuit today at Grand Bend Raceway. It was a hot day so I was interested to see if my 4C with the Stage 1 Tune would show any signs of overheating. It did not. I used headphones with my Garmin Catalyst which worked very well with the Audio Coach. After the first session I reviewed the Catalyst Data, the Opportunities and the Optimum Video. The next session I ran my Personal Best Lap in the 4C using the Catalyst information and Audio Coaching, improving by 7/10ths of a second. Two thumbs up. My original Hankook RS4 Tires still have good life in them after 10 Track Events.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Tonight was tremendous fun at The BEND. We started with a Dry Track Session. The next Session was partially Dry but a little rain near the end. The third Session was during a downpour on a very Wet Track. The fourth Session was on a Wet Track with standing water and was a little longer, about 27 minutes which was great. The changing track was challenging. I had extreme fun, one of my favourite nights.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Font Bicycle part Symbol Auto part Number

June 23rd was Sold Out. We had a great night on the Alien Track. 42 Cars entered, 1 Alfa.

Returning on Wednesday June 30th Track Night. Only 9 more Track Nights left in 2021.

·
Administrator
17,393 Posts
Just came back from the summer Porsche of London event at Grand Bend Raceway, with the Alfa Romeo of London 4C. :)

Had a blast, as always. My wife drove most of the sessions in Novice, and then I did one session in the advanced group at the end. Blew the doors off a few cars that a 4-pot really doesn’t have a right to be beating. Passed a Lamborghini, too (blowing my street cred here - it was an Urus. :ROFLMAO:

Fabulous day. Caught up with old friends. Put work out of my mind for a few hours. Several people from my wife’s office were there, which made it extra enjoyable for her. And that’s what it is all about.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Just came back from the summer Porsche of London event at Grand Bend Raceway, with the Alfa Romeo of London 4C. :)

Had a blast, as always. My wife drove most of the sessions in Novice, and then I did one session in the advanced group at the end. Blew the doors off a few cars that a 4-pot really doesn’t have a right to be beating. Passed a Lamborghini, too (blowing my street cred here - it was an Urus. :ROFLMAO:

Fabulous day. Caught up with old friends. Put work out of my mind for a few hours. Several people from my wife’s office were there, which made it extra enjoyable for her. And that’s what it is all about.
Kevin - glad to hear the event was fun. Which Track did they run? Hope to see you at Grand Bend soon.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

I am really pleased with the durability and performance of the Hankook RS4 Tires. Last night was the tenth Car Lapping Event on these tires, and they still appear to be ready for more. I was happy to get to run them on all three Grand Bend Raceway Circuits. The 11th Event for the Hankook RS4 Tires is Wednesday June 30th Track Night at Grand Bend. Not the quickest tires but they offer great value.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Another great night at Grand Bend Raceway. My Hankook RS4 tires sill had enough grip on the Technical Circuit to record a 12.64 best lap. This was the 12th Event on these tires. Returning next Wednesday Night July 21st. There are only 7 more Track Nights at Grand Bend Raceway in 2021 Before we sit through another winter. Sky Natural environment Natural landscape Plant Snow

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Another excellent turnout at Grand Bend. This was my 13th Car Lapping Event on this set of Hankook RS4 Tires. Still have enough grip to have fun. There are 3 Track Nights in August.
Product Rectangle Font Material property Pattern

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Font Material property Number Parallel Rectangle

I am looking forward to trying Falken RT660 Tires on the 4C on August 4th, Wednesday Track Night. I have two sets of Advan rims from Matt at Alfa9 Supply so I am leaving the Hankook RS4s mounted which have run 13 Car Lapping Events because they still have lots of runs left in them. I have no previous experience with the Falkens.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
Great to have Kevin at Grand Bend Raceway with his 4C. I ran a personal best wth my 4c tonight with a 72.51 second lap on the larger RT660 Falken Tires. The next Track Night is Wednesday August 18th.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
I use a Garmin Catalyst as well as an Aim Solo to collect Data. The Catalyst showed a best lap in the upper 71 second range early in the first run. I dismissed it as an error, however I downloaded Data on my Aim Solo and it also showed a very similar 71 second lap time. If this is correct then I am pleased with the performance of my 4C but I am discouraged with my driving because I didn’t duplicate the time. I am going to review and analyze this data in more detail over the weekend. I can’t wait to get back On Track.

141 - 160 of 190 Posts