Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Vendor
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This graphic pretty much says it:

These seats are super light, at 9.3 lbs. each and save you weight in the 4C.
A high side bolster does a great job at holding you in, while accommodating a wide variety of waistlines in the seat base area.

You can run them with 3 point oem belts, or convert to harnesses.
And install is easy because you can keep your factory side rails.

Tillett UK is spooling up production to meed demand, and we are grabbing as many sets to have on hand as possible.

Full details at this link.

Some more pics in an Alfa 4C to follow.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
320 Posts
how much is stock 4C seat?
so this seat are deep enough to give noticeable support over stock seats?

·
Registered
238 Posts
@Alfa9 Supply
Have you considered to find/offer a more intermediate seat for those not going complete hard core, or dont like the look of Tillett seats? Personally, I cannot live with how it looks.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Seriously? The basic seat is $189? What a steal.

Tilletts are nice seats. Have them in a Formula Ford.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Seriously? The basic seat is $189? What a steal.

Tilletts are nice seats. Have them in a Formula Ford.
I saw that too, got tricked into thinking it was maybe for Tillet kart seats. nope, just for the seat pads. that false advertising.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Try over a grand
OK, now I see how the website works. That makes more sense. BTW, the other Tillett seats I have are just the basic GRP seats and they look great. They are a little less costly. Not sure why Alfa9 shows those as sold out. Most of the time, Tillett builds these to order and you just wait a few weeks to get it.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
@Rainier G - They are still cheaper than the other options in CF (Technocraft). I paid about $1800 each.....

@Matt Leavitt - What seat brackets do they use? (For other users) How deep are the side bolsters? They are worth every $$$ if they have good side bolsters to hold you in on track...

For everyone else.... Yes the OEM seats are HEAVY. I seem to remember 30 - 40 lbs when I weighted the seats and rails. These type seats really do save a huge amount of weight and greatly improve the lateral holding power on track. The Technocraft do appear a little more supportive on the legs. Also, believe it or not, they are more comfortable than the OEM seats.

Reactions: 4Canada

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,138 Posts
Yeah...the seats are a bit over $1000.
@Rainier G - They are still cheaper than the other options in CF (Technocraft). I paid about $1800 each.....

@Matt Leavitt - What seat brackets do they use? (For other users) How deep are the side bolsters? They are worth every $$$ if they have good side bolsters to hold you in on track...

For everyone else.... Yes the OEM seats are HEAVY. I seem to remember 30 - 40 lbs when I weighted the seats and rails. These type seats really do save a huge amount of weight and greatly improve the lateral holding power on track. The Technocraft do appear a little more supportive on the legs. Also, believe it or not, they are more comfortable than the OEM seats.
I think I read that these use the stock mount rails..if so that would be a big advantage $$$.

·
Super Moderator
14,907 Posts
I think I read that these use the stock mount rails..if so that would be a big advantage $$$.

From the Alfa9 Website link above:

"This seat fits in the 4C using your existing factory seat rail side mounts with a minimum of modification. No need to drill the tub for extra side mounts."

·
Registered
694 Posts
I wonder who comfortable they are compared to the stock seats. I can't stand the stock seats for long trips.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
@nariman The OEM seat + Rails is 40lbs (give or take a pound or so as my bathroom scale is a tad to small to measure easily)

Reactions: nariman

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Is this lower than stock seat on OEM rails/ side bracket?
My guess is no, or if it is, it isn't much. Alfa really did a good job shoving the OEM seat as low as possible. The trick I had to apply to really get lower was to remove the slider rails and tilt the seat back more.

Reactions: bunta_garage
1 - 20 of 62 Posts