Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi 4C-forum'ers,

We've been working with our friends in Spain, Braid Motorsport Wheels to get a new cast wheel fit for the Alfa 4C coupes and spiders.

It's the BRAID FULLRACE A, and it's OEM sized 17x7 and 18x8. 18.3 lbs. front and 21.4 lbs. rear.

And there is a second, wider option at 17x7.5 and 18x8.5, also available.

While we still offer the Forged Braids for the ultimate in strength-to-weight ratio, this new wheel is really nice for trackday and street use without the replacement cost worry of the higher dollar versions. Product link and pricing found here: http://www.alfa9supply.com/wheels/braid-fullrace-a

These can also be purchased as sets or a complete "track package" option with your choice of tires, tpms, Ti lugbolts, etc. The Trofeo R or Toyo R888's are both great starting points, but anything is possible depending on your driving needs. As always from Braid, full range of colors available.

Here are some photos from arrival, a more comprehensive photoset is forthcoming....

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

thanks for looking.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I have probably said it before but I'm very happy with my Forged Sevens. Great fit and finish, perfect quality items.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have probably said it before but I'm very happy with my Forged Sevens. Great fit and finish, perfect quality items.
Many thanks, and great to hear they are still performing and holding up as expected!

·
Registered
719 Posts
I ordered the wider sets in satin black, Matt I'll be sure to post pics once they're on. They will sit on the Novitec Corse+ setup...was a pleasure to work with Matt and even got me custom offsets :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered the wider sets in satin black, Matt I'll be sure to post pics once they're on. They will sit on the Novitec Corse+ setup...was a pleasure to work with Matt and even got me custom offsets :)
Hi, the satin black is going to look very nice, thanks for offering to post up photos, it will be great to see some pics of them on your 4C!

·
Registered
167 Posts
What offsets did you order, is it so that you don't have to run spacers?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I drove a car with Novitec wheels a while ago and I should maybe admit I've been a bit stubborn on the OEM offsets. Difference from a driving perspective was really quite small.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What tires can you put on the wider wheels. I hate spacers. More meat on th ground would be better

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What tires can you put on the wider wheels. I hate spacers. More meat on th ground would be better
For more "meat on the ground" 215/45-17 and 245/40-18 tires are a great match with the wider wheels.

They keep the same front to rear ratio as OEM while adding 10mm extra width. There are lots of popular and good sticky tires available in that sizing.

For track use, Toyo r888's are at the top of the list. Or the r888R's if you are in EU countries.

And for mixed street/track there are more options, some that come to mind are: Hankook R-S3's, Kuhmo V720's, Bridgestone RE-71R's, and Dunlop Direzza Star Spec's.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To give an idea of the shape of the wheels in 17x7,18x8 sizing, here are a couple pics with Trofeo R's.

Install on car next, this set is going to a 4C owner who's going to be running his 4C at Circuit of The Americas...

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The dollar is doing pretty well vs. the euro right now.... and we've adjusted the price down $150 per set on the Braid Fullrace wheels.

pricing is now:

$1750 for 17x7, 18x8's variable offsets, shipping incl.
and
$2500 for 17x7.5, 18x8.5's variable offsets, shipping incl.

(wider widths are custom cast orders, hence the extra cost)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Two pics of the Braids in action....

Black ones are on Kaz's car, pic pulled from lotustalk forum....obviously Kaz is really skilled with a camera, or he brings a stowaway photographer wherever he goes!

The motion pic is another customer car with the gold 17x7's, 18x8's. That's at Circuit of the Americas a couple weeks ago.

He's running the Trofeo R's—echoing what others have said, the grip level is a whole new thing to get used to.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
For track use, Toyo r888's are at the top of the list. Or the r888R's if you are in EU countries.
That is not right. The top Semi-Slick is the Hankook Ventus TD or Z221. We drive it in 215/45 R17 in the front and 235/40 R18 as a C5 (medium) compound. There is no faster tire on the market. 245/40 R18 is also possible and available.
It is the only tire which has the identically construction of the Slick and also uses the same compound.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
That is not right. The top Semi-Slick is the Hankook Ventus TD or Z221. We drive it in 215/45 R17 in the front and 235/40 R18 as a C5 (medium) compound. There is no faster tire on the market. 245/40 R18 is also possible and available.
It is the only tire which has the identically construction of the Slick and also uses the same compound.
I found the hankooks wore out quickly compared to the toyos, what is your experience?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts