Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Vendor
150 Posts
Some of you may not know this, Braid is a supplier for TCR teams including Alfa Romeo, Hyundai, Honda, Peugeot, and others. The Braid TCR wheel is a spec wheel for the series, build to FIA WTCR and TCR specs, and meeting durability and lightweight criteria needed for the global series.

This means a motorsport tested and proven wheel for your 4C.
Check out some Alfa Romeo TCR Giulietta action....

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Had some Braids (as above, fullrace A) on my speedster
quality++++
weight ++++

weight 17 inch 7j with pirelli 205/45/17

weight 17 inch 8j with pirelli 245/40/17

much lighter than compared Team Dynamics in the same specs...

·
Vendor
150 Posts
Reaching back into the archives on our Forged Alfa Romeo 4C wheel sets! -- The Braid Forged series are one of the first wheels we commissioned and fit specifically for the staggered 4C in 2015.

Some of you might recognize this car:

And now we've got some news that this wheel design is in its second evolution (called Braid Seven + ) with extra lightening in the rim and some new holes to give it increased motorsport purposefulness and shave some weight.

This Lotus install shows the Seven+ design wheels:

For Alfa 4C's we recommend this wheel in optimized sizing of 17x7.5 and 18x9 using Alfa9 4C offsets to bring the wheels to the max fender edge without needing spacers. This width will give you the widest range of tire choices in he 17/18 stagger. Front being from 215mm-235mm and rear from 235-265mm.

As always, contact us with questions. Email is fastest 🏁
Thanks, Matt

·
Vendor
150 Posts
BRAID wheels update - for any Alfa Romeo 4C owners doing, or planing some SCCA autocross in the SS, Super Street class (which is an all stock class), you will want to keep the front OEM 7" rim width to be class legal.

For this reason, Alfa9 Supply is offering the Braid Fullrace wheels in 17x7" front and 18x8" rear sizing.

Tire sizes are open while the width is fixed. So you can choose your liking of 205, 215, or 225 on these. 215/45-17 is the ideal on the this rim in front. Treadwear for SS class is 200 utqg or higher. (Think Bridgestone RE-71, Advan A052)
More Scca rules info here.

Fr 19.4 lbs R, 23.3 lbs — Color is Satin Black >>

Order, White, Black, Anthracite, Gold, Silver or a variety of primary colors... be sure and ask us for details on color options.

·
Administrator
17,944 Posts
Today, on track, I realize that people like GMS and DrPyro2k are right in saying that wider rear tires are indicated.

For the first time, I managed to tame my driving on a set of tires, and wound up trading understeer for oversteer. The rear tires are shot, far worse than the fronts.

Looks like I will be in the market for wider rear wheels soon. These are on my radar.

·
Vendor
150 Posts
Today, on track, I realize that people like GMS and DrPyro2k are right in saying that wider rear tires are indicated.

For the first time, I managed to tame my driving on a set of tires, and wound up trading understeer for oversteer. The rear tires are shot, far worse than the fronts.

Looks like I will be in the market for wider rear wheels soon. These are on my radar.
Yes, alfa9 has long been a proponent of the wider wheels and were one of the first to offer the wider 18x9.5 Advans in back.

For Braid wheels specifically, 18x9, 9.5 + 10 are the standard upsize options.

So far, we've fit every staggered and square tire size combination possible to the 4C ... so we are happy to advise on setups.(y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
BRAID wheels update - for any Alfa Romeo 4C owners doing, or planing some SCCA autocross in the SS, Super Street class (which is an all stock class), you will want to keep the front OEM 7" rim width to be class legal.

For this reason, Alfa9 Supply is offering the Braid Fullrace wheels in 17x7" front and 18x8" rear sizing.

Tire sizes are open while the width is fixed. So you can choose your liking of 205, 215, or 225 on these. 215/45-17 is the ideal on the this rim in front. Treadwear for SS class is 200 utqg or higher. (Think Bridgestone RE-71, Advan A052)
More Scca rules info here.

View attachment 118158
Fr 19.4 lbs R, 23.3 lbs — Color is Satin Black >>
View attachment 118159

Order, White, Black, Anthracite, Gold, Silver or a variety of primary colors... be sure and ask us for details on color options.
I actually just bought my 4C expecting to run in SS. The rule on wheels is stock width, diameter can be up or down one inch, and offset within 7mm in or out.
So I agree on the 7 inch front but why not an 18x8.5” rear? 8.5” is OE available on the 19” and it’s within 1” of that diameter.
The offset could even be say 5mm out for good measure and still within the rules.

·
Vendor
150 Posts
I actually just bought my 4C expecting to run in SS. The rule on wheels is stock width, diameter can be up or down one inch, and offset within 7mm in or out.
So I agree on the 7 inch front but why not an 18x8.5” rear? 8.5” is OE available on the 19” and it’s within 1” of that diameter.
The offset could even be say 5mm out for good measure and still within the rules.
The set mentioned above is 8" as that was the choice of the customer, but it's no problem to make the Braids in 8.5x18. We've done it before on a few 4C's.
We have total flexibility in setting the offset, so if you need a set, just shoot over what ET you are thinking.
thanks
Matt

41 - 49 of 49 Posts