Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

Alfa Canada Extended Warranty

7K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  DanK 
#1 ·
These are finally available through Alfa Romeo Canada from dealerships.
So far, I’ve only seen a comprehensive one for 5 and 7 years (so, 1 and 3 years past the OEM one) and 115 and 165(I think) thousand Km. Waiting to hear back if there is a powertrain only alternative and if so then what price.

Please post here what prices and coverage you get, if you are shopping for these.

#8 ·
We get stooged here in Oz, I got 2 years Alfa roadside assistance with my brand new 2016 spider and only 3 years warranty,

Roadside already expired in march...

One faulty tcu unit already replaced...what's gonna happen next march when warranty runs out

#13 ·
Got mine today. Car was put on the road August 2015 so I’m good till August 2022. Given my car has done just over 4000 km (2500mi) in 3 1/2 years, I’ll never get to those high miles. I put on about 3-5000 km a year. So I estimate in 2022 it’ll be somewhere around 25000 km or 15000 mi.

#15 ·
Others commenting, keep in mind this is Canadian Dollars.

You can do a little better. :wink2:

I was asked not to share what I paid, and I did buy for two cars at once (one of each of the options you list), but there’s a bit more in there for you if you ask.

One dealership told me “this is what Alfa charges and we can’t do anything about the price”. That’s despite my having bought my LE from them. No Sale! Another dealership (with whom I do a fair bit of business, including my fleet at work with their sister Dodge/RAM store, which no doubt worked in my favour) was more willing to move slightly on price. Thank you and here’s my money. :smile2:

Good luck!

#16 ·
My dealer didn't even offer me the ext waranty...lol

Non branded EXT waranty is better IMO, some of them give you a credit back at the end of the term if you didn't have a claim or you sell the car.

Also not to mention, more straight forward to deal with if you have a claim because you don't have the middleman(dealer).

#19 ·
In case anyone looking for up to date pricing on the extended warranty. Take a look. NOT cheap.

7 year/115,000km is $5105
7 year/160,000km is $6440
5 year/100,000km (bascally one more year on top of the factory. to me this is just literally 4 months of driving) is $3205

At this price point, I am almost thinking that it may not even be worth it.

Attachments

#20 ·
Well further shopping around revealed that different dealership offers different discounts. Oakville Alfa is not willing to provide any discounts on top of FCA pricing whereas Toronto Alfa is willing to knock off about $1000 off of the setprice and waving any associated inspection fee. Sent an email requesting quote to London Alfa, we will see what they are willing to do...!

#31 ·
When I bought my 2015 4C new I got the warranty from ALFA for a total of 8 years which recently would have expired in March of this year. I contacted ALFA about another 3 years for drive train and overall mechanical. It was only $300 US per year so got that one. I suspect the price was lower as I only have a bit over 16,000 miles on the car and it is in flawless condition and all maintenance is done through the dealership. They didn't require an inspection either. My wife extended the factory warranty on her 2018 GMC Acadia Denali and it cost $600 per year. In her case I am not sure it was worth the cost as the car has been dead reliable. Her car has low mileage also.....about 19,000 miles. They did require an inspection on her car which was pretty extensive....about 3 hours long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.