Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found myself driving behind an Alfa Montreal today. Driver turned into a local driveway so probably lives there. The car was actually much smaller and more petite than I imagined and looked very cool. We exchanged thumbs up before he turned off - much better than I get from any modern Alfa driver....hahaha.

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Found myself driving behind an Alfa Montreal today. Driver turned into a local driveway so probably lives there. The car was actually much smaller and more petite than I imagined and looked very cool. We exchanged thumbs up before he turned off - much better than I get from any modern Alfa driver....hahaha.
[/QUOT
I would like to see this Montreal in person if at all possible.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I love the looks and sound of the Montreal. I mean it has what, a 2.8 liter v8, and the Gandini looks of a Miura...

I honestly cant understand why the prices havent gone through the roof.

Reactions: lpspeedster

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,324 Posts
There is a Montreal or two in the Detroit AROC. One was brought over from Australia when the owner retired....it is a right hand drive. His is near concourse condition in mustard yellow paint....a great color for them. They were a visually impressive car both body and mechanically.They were great looking cars but weren't that great of a performer. The engine was basically made of 1750 4 cylinder components including the Spica fuel injection. A friend that owned an independent ALFA repair shop had one when I lived in San Francisco and I drove it once. It was a solid car but more of a touring GT than a performer. I don't recall what the hp and torque was for the car but I didn't find it much different than my lightly modded 1750 spider.But you could feel the extra weight. At the time I remember one owner put lots of money into one to make it into a NHRA drag racer. He thought it had lots of promise but never delivered...mainly there was no support from after market or ALFA...especially for a drag racer ;-) The car was never legally for sale in the US at the time, although now you can get them due to age.My friends got in some way back in 70s but not sure how he did it ;-)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I haven't seen a Montreal on the road in quite a long time. Prices were reasonable for just as a long time and now they're on a nice appreciation curve.

I know there are a handful of them in MA too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts