·
Administrator
594 Posts
Great post, I had not seen this before.

Some notable pieces of information:

• First time we see the HP/torque curve
  • Tire specifications
  • Images of the TFT cluster in all modes
  • Order books opened for the Launch Edition on March 5. Order books opened for the standard 4C on June 18.
  • Radio is optional on standard model
  • Standard model will COME WITH HALOGEN HEADLIGHTS! For those who do not like the look of the LED lights, there will be an alternative.
  • Cloth seats on standard model

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aristo said:
Standard model will COME WITH HALOGEN HEADLIGHTS! For those who do not like the look of the LED lights, there will be an alternative.
Very interesting! I wonder if the Halogen headlight is a completely different headlight unit or if it just replaces the LEDs with Halogen light-bulbs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can't imagine design would be different... They wouldn't create a custom molding. I think we're stuck with those ugly lights.

·
Registered
186 Posts
jpkeyzer said:
Aristo said:
Standard model will COME WITH HALOGEN HEADLIGHTS! For those who do not like the look of the LED lights, there will be an alternative.
Very interesting! I wonder if the Halogen headlight is a completely different headlight unit or if it just replaces the LEDs with Halogen light-bulbs.
If you look at the image of the standard car (self coloured wing mirrors) it still has the ugly headlamp units

·
Registered
29 Posts
fatspur said:
If you look at the image of the standard car (self coloured wing mirrors) it still has the ugly headlamp units
I agree. Where's the prove that the standard model comes with Halogen headlights? The brochure shows the same LEDs, but without the carbon fibre. It's actually even more ugly than the Launch Edition.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Guys the headlights will NOT change on the standard model. They are the same but the main unit is halogen instead of Led.
To be honest after seeing it in person in Geneva the lights are really not bad at all IMO especially with the carbon surround. I am pretty sure that they will offer the carbon as an option on the standard models.

Ordered mine in Launch Edition white :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
robin360 said:
fatspur said:
I agree. Where's the prove that the standard model comes with Halogen headlights? The brochure shows the same LEDs, but without the carbon fibre. It's actually even more ugly than the Launch Edition.
The best result would be for Alfa Romeo to abandon these ugly headlights and to deploy headlights very similar to the ones shown on the 4C Concept!

·
Registered
446 Posts
jpkeyzer said:
robin360 said:
fatspur said:
The best result would be for Alfa Romeo to abandon these ugly headlights and to deploy headlights very similar to the ones shown on the 4C Concept!
Impossible as it was done for cost reasons. It is extremely expensive on a car with such a small volume to have lights approved by all the authorities in countries around the world. The only other solution would have been to take lights for other cars from the Fiat Group and they thought people would have complained a lot seeing this car with the headlights of the Mito or Giulietta.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
29 Posts
deppi0 said:
Impossible as it was done for cost reasons. It is extremely expensive on a car with such a small volume to have lights approved by all the authorities in countries around the world. The only other solution would have been to take lights for other cars from the Fiat Group and they thought people would have complained a lot seeing this car with the headlights of the Mito or Giulietta.
Makes sense. But now, it seems they would maybe have got less complaints if they'd put on the Giulietta headlights... :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Aristo said:
Great post, I had not seen this before.

Some notable pieces of information:

• First time we see the HP/torque curve
  • Tire specifications
  • Images of the TFT cluster in all modes
  • Order books opened for the Launch Edition on March 5. Order books opened for the standard 4C on June 18.
  • Radio is optional on standard model
  • Standard model will COME WITH HALOGEN HEADLIGHTS! For those who do not like the look of the LED lights, there will be an alternative.
  • Cloth seats on standard model
Awesome post. Open orders March 5th? That's really funny since the largest FIAT dealer in the US has not heard a peep. Maybe a Europe date?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
emerckx53 said:
Awesome post. Open orders March 5th? That's really funny since the largest FIAT dealer in the US has not heard a peep. Maybe a Europe date?
This is for Europe - the 4C has a planned debut for the US at the LA auto show the end of Nov this year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts