1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
How easy or difficult is it to install this gear selector trim.

easy....depends on how Koshi made the retention clips on the underside (if it is a true replacement of OEM piece)

would like to see how the underside looks....I could then compare that to the OEM piece.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
main tip on that piece is to lift rear of the panel first (lifting the sides of the panel is the easiest) and then swivel panel up and forward.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I think according to Do it just pops out (spring clips in the back) and you unhook the wiring harness. You don't have to take the console off. Shouldn't take mre than a few minutes.
This looks like a lot of work to just replace the gear selector cover.:surprise: Now if the oem cover can be just uplifted and the cf cover put on over the 4 buttons that would be great.

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
60 Posts
Does Madness Autoworks install such pieces on client's cars at its So Cal location?
Hi there Malibu4c, yes indeed we do! We can assist you with everything from an Oil Service to a Suspension Install for your Alfa 4c without a problem!

Also, we're actually having a Show & Shine event next Saturday June 11th @ 9am if you'd like to swing by! We'd love to give you a tour of the shop and you can also check out some of the unique Alfa products we happen to have on hand!

If you're interested or if you happen to have any questions, feel free to email me directly [email protected] and I'll be happy to help you out!

They do...I'm gonna call them and see what is actually in stock, they have almost the entire interior in carbon now.
Hi Kazkioken! Trust me, we're definitely excited to get this latest shipment of carbon here at the shop!

As a heads up to all of those interested about this new batch of carbon:

We receive shipments from Koshi nearly every week. It's my expectation that I should have this latest Alfa shipment here and ready to go out to our customers in roughly 2 weeks!

I'll be around the shop today and tomorrow if you need me or have any questions!

We look forward to hearing from you soon and thanks for chiming in on our behalf!

Joseph

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think according to Do it just pops out (spring clips in the back) and you unhook the wiring harness. You don't have to take the console off. Shouldn't take mre than a few minutes.
Sorry to be a pest, but why disconnect wire harness? I am not a mechanic and hate to fool around with stuff like that. I probably wait and see how other folks resolved this task.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Remember that link I posted was how to dismantle the console, so you probably don't need to disconnect the harness. unless the buttons mount a specific way. Again that was DocRon's post, he's in a better position to say exactly what needs to be done. I've never pulled my console.

Sorry to be a pest, but why disconnect wire harness? I am not a mechanic and hate to fool around with stuff like that. I probably wait and see how other folks resolved this task.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
It would be easier to disconnect the A/M/1/R/N harness plug on the stock selector panel first.
Then take the selector panel to a soft surface and proceed to remove the button box from the rear of the stock panel to transfer over to CF selector panel.
Take your new CF selector panel back to the car and reconnect selector harness plug.
Then reseat the CF panel into the console.

You could relocate the selector button box from the stock panel to the CF panel while it is still plugged in, but it will be inconvenient in a tight space with a short harness wire bundle. The plug harness is super easy to disconnect so make it easier for yourself. :)

Hope this helps. You can see the harness plugs in the link that zvez posted.

And yes, you dont have to remove the entire console just for the selector panel....just the selector panel.

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Give the interior of your Alfa Romeo 4C a custom touch with Carbon Fiber!

Alfa Romeo 4C Gear Selector Trim - Carbon Fiber - MTA - Italian Flag

Designed and manufactured in Europe to the highest standards this trim piece is designed to cover the factory gear selector trim and instantly gives your Alfa Romeo 4C a custom look.

To get this Custom Air Brushed Carbon Fiber Gear Selector Trim for your Alfa Romeo 4C please visit the link below:
Alfa Romeo - Alfa Romeo 4C Gear Selector Trim - Carbon Fiber - MTA - Italian Flag - MADNESS Autoworks - Auto Parts and Accessories

1 - 19 of 19 Posts