1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
681 Posts
Any info on performance gains with this product?

I'd like to know as well. Supersprint, the Italian company who makes the $2K+ high flow cat claims 15-18 HP. Eurocompulsion and Andre claim hi flow cat / downpipe is roughly the same gain. They say the Novitec catless downpipe is 5-7bhp and Tork claims their catless downpipe is 10-15 un-tuned and 15-20 tuned. I believe some of those are claimed to be whp and not bhp, but EC says bhp on their site. In effect, you have basically a 4 to 20 WHP claim between 3 different places @[email protected]

I don't know that we will ever get a clear idea. There is a thread called "Is the stock downpipe a performance bottleneck" I believe where Eurocompulsion and Andrew talk about the dangers of the catless downpipe. Not that they are bad in themselves, but what happens is the turbo can start to peak past its 1,000C limit and so the ECUs will pull back on power to save the engine. While there might be an initial gain, it may fade due to this.

I am no expert, but this is how I interpreted it. Thus it is my opinion and should not be taken as fact (disclaimer) and I am only relaying what I believe I read from their discussion.

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The manufacturer the produce these cats for us do not provide any documented dyno charts so we do not have any charted data on specific gains. There are also a lot of factors that would effect any gains such has condition of the vehicle, the type of fuel being used, other mods on the vehicle, elevation, and the fuel map.

What I can say is that because it is a high flow cat you will see an improvement over stock.

If you have any other questions feel free to reach out and contact us.

·
Super Moderator
5,505 Posts
Has anyone tried this cat?
You’d think manufacturers of a product would thoroughly test the product and publish the data for all to see as evidence of their product claims. Eg.What parameters need to be met in order NOT to throw a code. It’d also be nice if vendors would demand this of the manufacturers too. Looks like another case of caveat emptor... but how to buy it with the knowledge it works and not get caught by greasy disclaimers?

It’s a reason I’m a Jamie P and Rudi G fan. They’ll test their products then put it out there. Just a candid observation.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I am really surprised there are no flow numbers, dyno result or even what cell count it is compared to stock or reference tested with no error codes. It is a known fact that the std is a 200 cell upgrade for sure performance increase. With this there is no data at all behind it. I suggest Madness get something from the manufacturer or a link to them.....

·
Super Moderator
5,505 Posts
I am really surprised there are no flow numbers, dyno result or even what cell count it is compared to stock or reference tested with no error codes. It is a known fact that the std is a 200 cell upgrade for sure performance increase. With this there is no data at all behind it. I suggest Madness get something from the manufacturer or a link to them.....
I went to the Italian site and couldn’t find any specs for the cat. I don’t know how you’d sell something without publishing its products specs.

·
Super Moderator
5,505 Posts
Is it a 200 or 300cel ?
EURO6 pollution ok ?
If it’s the Supersprint it’ll only be 100cpsi metallic cat. As to your second question I’d guess “no“, but that’s all it is (a guess).
How’s your hearing?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks. Do you know if there exists a 200 or 300 cpsi? Don’t want to dismount it every year for the mandatory inspection 😢

·
Super Moderator
5,505 Posts
Thanks. Do you know if there exists a 200 or 300 cpsi? Don’t want to dismount it every year for the mandatory inspection 😢
No idea. Contact Supersprint directly but they only have the 100cpsi cat advertised in their catalogue. If you find out, please post something about it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
If you want to install a 300 cpsi the difference from OEM would be way too small to justify the investment.
With the dyno is quite relative: the car heats rapidly (even with a less restrictive cat) so it looses power: what you get on the dyno sometimes that not translates on the street after a few runs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
No idea. Contact Supersprint directly but they only have the 100cpsi cat advertised in their catalogue. If you find out, please post something about it.
I already did and I did not have a clear answer about CPI but they confirmed that their catalytic convertor does not have an EEC approval

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you want to install a 300 cpsi the difference from OEM would be way too small to justify the investment.
With the dyno is quite relative: the car heats rapidly (even with a less restrictive cat) so it looses power: what you get on the dyno sometimes that not translates on the street after a few runs.
Would a 200cpsi be worth the investment?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts