Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
I definitely prefer the more rounded shape of the 4C. The silver car is more Edsel and less Alfa. I could see a different sounding engine being desirable, but I love the turbo sounds of the 4C.

·
Super Moderator
14,467 Posts
Other threads on this topic...

·
Super Moderator
6,490 Posts
No, I don’t think so at all. Each and every one of ours looks better than that, even yours, Now I’m Broke. You didn’t suffer any lasting concussion in that accident, did you? ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, I don’t think so at all. Each and every one of ours looks better than that, even yours, Now I’m Broke. You didn’t suffer any lasting concussion in that accident, did you? ;)
Haha I might have. I've always hated the vented back windows. It's like a truck with a giant hood scoop, just so much unnecessary. I like the aggressive look of the front more than anything.

Does an unexplained puncture to my lower diafram count?

·
Registered
644 Posts
IMHO there are scarce occasions in automotive history where automotive manufactures 'hit' the Design Lottery Winfall. It is even rarer when they manage a DOUBLE WIN with both Coupes and Convertibles (Spiders/Targa etc) sharing the spotlight. I consider a winning design one that leaves enough for the end user to personalize (aero bit here and there, track focussed alterations, customize interior etc) but he/she still desires to leave the 'essence' of the design in its intended pure form.
Think 1980/90s 911 ruf (yes for me) gemballa (nice, but not for me in most cases)
Think Alfa's Factory one off (YES!) Lars custom (Yes)

the ARTIGIANALE gets +10 for the name ;) ....maybe some points for a couple of individual things, but in its totality, a negative score. The 4C is one of the few cars that is so BELLISSIMA I want it in Coupe/Spider (10 of each please) and would have probably bought it even if it came with a 90hp engine!

However, Respect and to each their own.

·
Registered
Alfa Rosso 2016 4C Spider + 1984 Ferrari 308QV Targa + 1981 Delorean DMC12 Grey Interior
199 Posts
Being a designer, the Mole team (there is another 4C design by these guys FYI... That mated with a Montreal) has major issues with their flourishes such as all four fenders, some drag forms that do negative favors for the 'already struggling to hit 160' 4c.
Now how about merging the drivetrain, sides and doors of the Divo, and moulding in the front and tailights of this Mole?
Although this was some talented student's "Abarth" study, it would have approximated something like this... (but Lotus "Exo" tail lights)

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,970 Posts
I know I'm late to the game, but this thing looks and sounds incredible. Screenshots from youtube. View attachment 105432 View attachment 105433 View attachment 105434
That area below the A pillar is horrible and WOW....a car that doubled down on rear blind spot bad design. The front is almost OK but the front sits to high. The rear aero design won't work....needs a bit of a turn up on the edge similar to the stock 4C carbon fiber spoiler to clean up the air flow.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Being a designer, the Mole team (there is another 4C design by these guys FYI... That mated with a Montreal) has major issues with their flourishes such as all four fenders, some drag forms that do negative favors for the 'already struggling to hit 160' 4c.
Now how about merging the drivetrain, sides and doors of the Divo, and moulding in the front and tailights of this Mole?
Although this was some talented student's "Abarth" study, it would have approximated something like this... (but Lotus "Exo" tail lights) View attachment 105457
I like the front head lights, but the Alfa front grill protrudes from the front too much. It should be set back more. The vent scoop or whatever that is, under the "A" pillar is terrible.
The rear vented window, like every other car that has this, is not a great idea.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts