Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in London visiting my parents and decided to see if I could find some accessories for the 4C. Partsworld UK sells the genuine storage pouch. Ordered it yesterday, and it should arrive in a day or two. Not sure if they deliver to the US, but it might be worth trying for those of you looking for this rare item. It’s available for both left and right sides for £60 (~$76) shipped (per side).

Link

·
Registered
884 Posts
I contemplated buying them but was put off by how much they hold, looks like only a phone, no room for wallet, keys and loose change.

I use a small black wash bag in that same area, can fit lots of stuff in there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I contemplated buying them but was put off by how much they hold, looks like only a phone, no room for wallet, keys and loose change.

I use a small black wash bag in that same area, can fit lots of stuff in there.
Ya, they are tiny, but I really only need it for my phone as that’s pretty much all I take with me when out in the 4C. The wireless Airplay on the new Joying means I don’t need access to it while driving.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Can you let us know how it fits , feel like i could build these but i dont feel like doing the mold etc if this fits nicely

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
Can you let us know how it fits , feel like i could build these but i dont feel like doing the mold etc if this fits nicely
I think that this is something that you could improve on OEM on, lars!

They don't look as amazing as the rest of the interior (IMHO, your mileage may vary), they hold only a phone (and even then, not the newest large-format phones), they cost too much, and they take up a lot of room for what little they can hold (presumably to stop anything from falling into the remaining space between them and the seat). To me, they resemble a cow's naughty bits.

A nicely stitched leather pouch (with stitching matched to the dash/seats) with maybe an internal divider to keep phone separate from keys, wallet or sunglasses, and perhaps even a flap lid with velcro or dome closure would be way more useful than this afterthought from Alfa Romeo. If it wasn't rigid, they wouldn't have to be lefts and rights. They only attach to the tub with industrial Velcro, so there's no real science involved. We just need someone with your skills and knowledge of the car to produce something like this.

I bet there would be a market, if the price were within reason. I don't know what that number would be, but perhaps you would consider offering something like this?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
After people were complaining about the arm holder i built the arm rest , which is removable and it didnt really take off , i use mine and 2 other forum members picked one up .

So in light of that if you guys express enough interest i will build something and of course cover it in leather ... .ill even ask that youbguys suggest a price point and ill stay within those limits . Im sure i could create something useful that sits snug through a mold for about 179 to 200 ..
So respond to this on whos interested if i get a few people ill start the build

·
Registered
884 Posts
After people were complaining about the arm holder i built the arm rest , which is removable and it didnt really take off , i use mine and 2 other forum members picked one up .

So in light of that if you guys express enough interest i will build something and of course cover it in leather ... .ill even ask that youbguys suggest a price point and ill stay within those limits . Im sure i could create something useful that sits snug through a mold for about 179 to 200 ..
So respond to this on whos interested if i get a few people ill start the build

Would it be easy to copy these ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Super Moderator
3,304 Posts
Several of us got this Amazon item:
lebogner Black Gap Filler Premium PU Full Leather Console Pocket Organizer, Interior Accessories, Car Seat Side Drop Caddy Catcher, 2 Pack

They are about $17 for two of them. Fits perfectly alongside the seat next to the door sill. The one I bought has the stitching in identical red color to that in my Launch Edition coupe. This one has black stitching but you can search and may find one with colored thread.
The material is some sort of plastic impregnated leather that has a grain very similar to that of the leather in my cars seats and a good match....looks factory. Have had mine for about 2 years and they work great. They come with some sort of velcro like material to attach them to the sill but I found that the molded in shape of the CF chassis holds them in place fine. They are large enough to hold a larger cell phone plus some other stuff like coins, cards, etc. They also don't rise high enough to interfere with getting in and out of the car. I like that unless you look for them you won't notice them so doesn't detract from the car at all. I put one on drivers side and passenger side. Doesn't have a huge amount of storage space....just enough to be useful and hold small items and cell phone. Easy to remove when tracking or autocross also. The reviews are very positive....only those with big trucks found issue with fitment due to high seats....but they work great for sports cars.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It’s complete garbage guys. I wish I had seen one in real life before I ordered, but none of the cars I looked at had them. Forget being large enough for a phone, it doesn’t even fit one in all the way. It is super light though, and the finish is nice, or so I keep telling myself. Should have spent the 60 quid at the pub.

·
Registered
19 Posts
is this the "pouch" you speak of?
IMG_6503.jpg

how do they attach? I have an idea to make something better. It feels like it is just double sided taped on.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts