Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matt, I was watching the IMSA race at Watkins Glen and saw th Alfa9 Logo on the Alfa race car wing.

COOL! More reason to support you and your company!

·
Super Moderator
9,654 Posts
Yes, that absolutely sucks not seeing any support in a category like TCR.:mad:
Yes, in contrast, at the last Eastern Creek TCR round there was a large Hyundai corporate presence with owners getting a run around the track. No big deal but at least they organised something for their owners.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The series is IMSA, an USA based series. I like it because it has mixed class racing, basically TCR and GT4 and then some races are prototype and GT3. It makes for some good racing, and nor so nearly boring as Formula 1 can be.

It is sad to see that the Alfa Romeo doesn't have a fully factory supported team or much team support. The Hyundai cars are VERY quick, along with the Audi in this series. I talked to the Hyundai guys about buying on of the TCR cars, and it was about $150k USD or so. It is nice to see several companies (other than Porsche & Audi) doing a "customer racing" program where an "average" track junkie can buy one of the factory race cars.

·
Registered
gtv6 3.0, Stelvio Ti
253 Posts
Are they using the same engine 1750 engine as the 4C/Guilietta QV? Would be interesting to see the technical specs. Of course Alfa/Stellantis is ending the aged Guilietta platform. Really need to up their game in Motorsports, too much heritage not enough current.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@peterA116 - Yes, a modified version of it engine... This is from my exploring the potential of buying one....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts