Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking at Alfaworks' website, there appears to be a discount for 5+ and 10+ ECU clones. I know I am strongly considering buying one in the not too distant future and others are as well. Buying one costs (USD)~$1,124, over 5 ~$1,034 and over 10 ~$958. Are there enough of us? 10+ looks really really good.
Edit: deadline is 16 Jan 2022 for this group buy.

So far we have the following committed. Please make sure you're on this list if you're serious:
@HeavyFoot
@John4C
@zr33
@smc4C
@goldmax
@JohnH
@cpa7man
@Jvito
@John74Berlina
@Arek1123
@Daddyskillzs
@Jrflanery
@lat
@Spencer
@emtae001
@Dmiek
@10sbums
@ace
@**** ?
@ms69
@pio!pio!
@tibby
@ghosttrooper
@duane33
@The ice cream guy
@KarlB
@mattgfx
@Angrywankel
@ECTurboGSX
@roadsterdoc
@Gian Luca 4c
@Brian4C
@997-2
@The Driver27
@Jazzyg72
@Pastafozol
@Dantes
@Matthew
@Gen2rt
@Arese4C
@alfa4cSA
@FranknAtl
@[P²]
@MarkBonifacio2022
@togo
@heelntoe
@DanBashJr
@Brandmath72
@Simchanova
@thatarchitect
@rorty
@SoFla

52 total so far - nice! I'll update this list as others commit.

·
Super Moderator
10,764 Posts
Looking at Alfaworks' website, there appears to be a discount for 5+ and 10+ ECU clones. I know I am strongly considering buying one in the not too distant future and others are as well. Buying one costs (USD)~$1,124, over 5 ~$1,034 and over 10 ~$958. Are there enough of us? 10+ looks really really good.
A nice piece of initiative. I hope the newer members jump on board. It’s an excellent product imo and excellent value. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
I'll play. Great initiative @HeavyFoot - I have thought about this many times but never actually made the thread.

I would also do race blocks if we can get the people. Not to derail this but could potentially turn into a larger (beyond ECU) group buy. They make some great products...

@zr33 you in for an ECU?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm in 100%. Had one in sitting my cart on the AW site for ages, only putting it off as if I'm paying full price anyway, may aswell wait till I can drop it in the car and get to enjoy it right away (i.e. in the spring). With a group buy, I'm in now :)

·
Registered
961 Posts
If this ever changes to a GMS ECU group buy, I'll be in. ;)

·
Registered
302 Posts
To be fair even at 5 people it's near as dammit a $100 saving with import duties, even that's totally worth it.

·
Registered
2016 4C Spyder
9 Posts
Count me in for one! (y)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok. We have so far:
@HeavyFoot
@John4C
@zr33
@smc4C
@goldmax
@JohnH

Definitely worth it with 6, but it's only been 2 hours or so, so I'm thinking this is a great start with potential for 10+.
Is there also interest in Jamie's blocks? I am going to reach out to Alfaworks about shipping etc. If there's interest as well in the blocks I can see what we can do.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sounds good, I’m in England and could save almost 300 quid
Just FYI you can't get the exc VAT price so figure that in mate - I'm in the UK now and spoke with Jamie about ordering one and the most cost efficient way is shipping direct to the US - hopefully he can help with the shipping logistics of a group order but doubt it'll be an issue.

·
Registered
2016 4C Spyder
9 Posts
Ok. We have so far:
@HeavyFoot
@John4C
@zr33
@smc4C
@goldmax
@JohnH

Definitely worth it with 6, but it's only been 2 hours or so, so I'm thinking this is a great start with potential for 10+.
Is there also interest in Jamie's blocks? I am going to reach out to Alfaworks about shipping etc. If there's interest as well in the blocks I can see what we can do.
Thanks for taking the lead on this project, HeavyFoot! I would do the blocks as well as the ECU, but I just ordered blocks yesterday and they have shipped - hopefully we can get the 10 count for the ECU order in a reasonable period of time (y)

·
Registered
302 Posts
In case anyone is interested, I quickly looked up import duties just for reference as the duty calculator on the AW site is conked

Googling around I found a couple of HS (harmonized system) tariff codes for an ECU - I think the most likely is 8537.10 which is 2.7% import duty (<$30). Can't see duty fees being more than $50 but Jamie could confirm how he classifies them.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for taking the lead on this project, HeavyFoot! I would do the blocks as well as the ECU, but I just ordered blocks yesterday and they have shipped - hopefully we can get the 10 count for the ECU order in a reasonable period of time (y)
Yes. Let's wait long enough to let people see and decide, but not too long. What do you guys think? Sunday night cut off? I have a baby coming in less than a month and should get this out of the way. Easier to justify financially now;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you get to the 10 person threshold, I would join in for the GB.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Just FYI you can't get the exc VAT price so figure that in mate - I'm in the UK now and spoke with Jamie about ordering one and the most cost efficient way is shipping direct to the US - hopefully he can help with the shipping logistics of a group order but doubt it'll be an issue.
I would assume he would pay VAT on the lower amount, so actually better savings overall than the export ones.

If you get to the 10 person threshold, I would join in for the GB.
It’s looking extremely likely since we’re at 7 (8 if you’re in) already and it’s been 4 hours….

1 - 20 of 395 Posts