Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
161 - 180 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Please sign me up for both the ECU and Spacers (ship to USA), for the spacers is there a huge difference between "race" and "fast road" version? Thank you!

·
Administrator
17,944 Posts
Please sign me up for both the ECU and Spacers (ship to USA), for the spacers is there a huge difference between "race" and "fast road" version? Thank you!
Race allows for more negative camber than road.
I think that is the summary of the difference.
If you track the car, or perhaps "canyon carve" with it, then this might be appreciated. But it will result in abnormal tire wear on the street.
If you just want to tame the tramlining behaviour then the "fast road" blocks should suffice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Please sign me up for the ECU.
Perhaps a silly question: if we get a higher number of interested parties, would that put us into an even better price break?
Shipping to U.S. 92011.
Thank you,
George

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
They have us in a max discount bracket as it is. I do not want to ask for more. They are also going to handle shipping to each one of us rather than making one of us fork over 35k and then collect from other members. While I would love to pay less, I don't want to push. The product without any discount is a stellar deal and another almost 15% off is a home run I think. If enough people disagree with me, I will ask, but I'd caution that maintaining a great relationship between the community and Alfaworks is mutually beneficial.

·
Registered
64 Posts
They have us in a max discount bracket as it is. I do not want to ask for more. They are also going to handle shipping to each one of us rather than making one of us fork over 35k and then collect from other members. While I would love to pay less, I don't want to push. The product without any discount is a stellar deal and another almost 15% off is a home run I think. If enough people disagree with me, I will ask, but I'd caution that maintaining a great relationship between the community and Alfaworks is mutually beneficial.
Agree. It's already excellent at this point - esp considering separate per-order S&H straight from Jamie.
This arrangement takes all the anxiety out of the group-buy for the group and a lot of work reduction for @HeavyFoot re collecting $, receiving, re-shipping, etc.
I'm very pleased with this arrangement. I'll be even more pleased when I actually have a car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
@HeavyFoot Please also add me to the list for the AW ECU. I have been researching adding this to my car as my first performance upgrade so this opportunity from AlfaWorks is perfectly timed for me! Thanks for all of your help organizing this for the forum!

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I’m in …. Pissed that I missed out on blocks about since I ordered them about 2 weeks ago and were already delivered. Thank you
Great handle

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks HeavyFoot, I appreciate you creating this buy group. My question was prefaced by “possibly silly,” so I’ve covered that base. If you don’t ask, you don’t get, lol.
Looking forward to getting the ECU.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking at Alfaworks' website, there appears to be a discount for 5+ and 10+ ECU clones. I know I am strongly considering buying one in the not too distant future and others are as well. Buying one costs (USD)~$1,124, over 5 ~$1,034 and over 10 ~$958. Are there enough of us? 10+ looks really really good.
Edit: deadline is 16 Jan 2022 for this group buy.

So far we have the following committed. Please make sure you're on this list if you're serious:
@HeavyFoot
@John4C
@zr33
@smc4C
@goldmax
@JohnH
@cpa7man
@Jvito
@John74Berlina
@Arek1123
@Daddyskillzs
@Jrflanery
@lat
@Spencer
@emtae001
@Dmiek
@10sbums
@ace
@**** ?
@ms69
@pio!pio!
@tibby
@ghosttrooper
@duane33
@The ice cream guy
@KarlB
@mattgfx
@Angrywankel
@ECTurboGSX
@roadsterdoc
@Gian Luca 4c
@Brian4C
@997-2
@The Driver27
@Jazzyg72
@Pastafozol
@Dantes

37 total so far - nice! I'll update this list as others commit.
Arese4C

·
Premium Member
2018 4c and Stelvio
509 Posts
People coming out of the woodwork for this. I didn't realize there were this many lurkers.

Reactions: smc4C and lars

·
Registered
72 Posts
According to their website this morning they had 24 in stock. They will fill the orders as they are paid from the invoices they will send out from the spreadsheet. That being said, if everyone else gets one and mine gets delayed, I'm going to hire @lars, pick him up, and we are going to pay someone a visit. I'll have your addresses. ;)
24 in stock and 40 on the list. I hope their elves are working over time making more :)

161 - 180 of 390 Posts