Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am Rufat, from Baku, Azerbaijan and this is my carbon horse.

I have been huge fan Alfa Romeo and have been following the development of 4C since if was announced. In 2016 we had a massive currency devaluation followed by increase in import customs tax, which reduced my chances of ever getting one very close to 0. However, I kept dreaming and one day I found this beauty, almost exactly what I wanted - red spider. It was 2017 production bought in summer 2019 and only been driven for a half a year by the end of 2019 with odometer reading around 3K kilometers. Basically, the car only had a break in, and was like new. I was able to get hold of it at a massive discount, as the car was one of few (I think 3) that was sold originally in the country for big discount, the others were sold overseas due to lack of crazy people like myself in the country. The first owner traded the car for the Jaguar F type and dealer made a good sale so they could write off the Alfa at even lower price.

I knew that this was the opportunity send to me by the God of Pistonheads and I had to use it. Thankfully, family and friends supported me straightaway as they knew how much I liked the car. So I parted with my Subaru Impreza WRX STI Hawkeye JDM and Ducati 848 Evo to strike a deal (.. of my life). BTW both of these are at good hands of my friends.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Building
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel Sky

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Administrator
Welcome!
Lovely car. Neat city. Always an interesting F1 race, too.
Congratulations on getting this vehicle. And glad that your past rides found their way into good hands as well.
Enjoy!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello welcome and congratulations. Hope you have many happy years together. (y)
Thank you for kind words!
Welcome!
Lovely car. Neat city. Always an interesting F1 race, too.
Congratulations on getting this vehicle. And glad that your past rides found their way into good hands as well.
Enjoy!!!
Thank you! Baku is indeed nice city which is becoming increasingly driving to drive daily, so I only drive the car on quiet days, just for the sake of driving.

I have BMW e21 with m50 swap and other custom mods, which I kind of use keep the crazy part of my brain busy to avoid modifying the Alfa. I have to say it is not easy - there are certain things I want to change in the Alfa badly.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Registered
Hi Guys,

I am Rufat, from Baku, Azerbaijan and this is my carbon horse.

I have been huge fan Alfa Romeo and have been following the development of 4C since if was announced. In 2016 we had a massive currency devaluation followed by increase in import customs tax, which reduced my chances of ever getting one very close to 0. However, I kept dreaming and one day I found this beauty, almost exactly what I wanted - red spider. I was 2017 production bought in summer 2019 and only been driven for a half a year by the end of 2019 with odometer reading around 3K kilometers. Basically, the car only had a break in, and was like new. I was able to get hold of it at a massive discount, as the car was one of few (I think 3) that was sold originally in the country for big discount, the others were sold overseas due to lack of crazy people like myself in the country. The first owner traded the car for the Jaguar F type and dealer made a good sale so they could write off the Alfa at even lower price.

I knew that this was the opportunity send to me by the God of Pistonheads and I had to use it. Thankfully, family and friends supported me straightaway as they knew how much I liked the car. So I parted with my Subaru Impreza WRX STI Hawkeye JDM and Ducati 848 Evo to strike a deal (.. of my life). BTW both of these are at good hands of my friends.
View attachment 138910 View attachment 138911 View attachment 138912
View attachment 138913
That鈥檚 a great spider
Nice

Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
A great story of how you acquired your Spider. One past owner鈥檚 loss is definitely your gain. Good to see we鈥檒l have a local flying the Alfa flag at your Grand Prix too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts