Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
About:
I’d like to show you the first carbon fiber scoop vent replacement for the Alfa Romeo 4C. First, I’d like to mention as stated earlier I am making this a limited edition run of 10 carbon scoops. Just a fun very limited production run. I was originally planning on just making one for myself but it looks too darn cool! So if you’re lucky enough to get your hands on one they are now available!

A very nice fellow 4c member spotted my car and recently shared a post on the scoops, which he really liked. From this post some members have DMd claiming some spots for the carbon scoops. These scoops were originally designed for aesthetics. Just like the carbon lips, spoiler, side shark fin, etc. Not only do they look absolutely amazing on the 4C but they bring more air into the engine bay. The scoops resulted in cooler engine bay temperatures by 15 degrees. They have been track tested, idle tested, and rain tested. The car looks like it has a jetpack! Seeing it in person looks even better.

There is no drilling, no glueing, none of that crap! The 4C is too legendary! Installation is a quick <5 min swap. It’s a plug and play with the OEM vent. This is an interchangeable part so you can always go back to stock in the future.

Design & Material
The carbon fiber is top notch matching the OEM carbon print of the 4C. We have designed the entrance of the scoop to match the intercooler vent and side vent - this keeps that Italian design all around the car. The exit design matches the small trunk vent. I wanted to keep the glass on the 4C as it is one of my favorite parts, seeing the engine and all. My favorite part is that it does not take away my rear visibility. Seeing the Carbon Scoops paired up with the glass engine is quite incredible. The carbon is autoclaved, cured, high gloss, and heat resistant. Air exits were also made to reduce any drag for all you speedsters out there. It makes the car look less smaller and for you lightweight car dudes yes you do shave off weight 😂

I will attach photos of the scoop installed on a launch edition! They look great with the carbon mirrors, spoiler, and carbon lip! I’m dying to see these on a white or black 4C! Will also share an amazing video that shows the entire car.

Locking in order
Please DM or email me at [email protected] to confirm the order. The carbon fiber scoops will be $990 for the set. Production time will be around 20 days once the 10 are confirmed. And shipping will only take 3-7 days depending on where you are located! Oh also free shipping if you’re in the US!

Please be thoughtful when posting comments. I am just a nice car guy doing fun car things :) These scoops were extremely hard to make and took a ton of time to get right! The 4C has amazing curves that I had to account for.

Video:

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
That was the best marketing video for an aftermarket product I’ve seen for the 4C. Much respect for creating this product.

·
Premium Member
2,008 Posts
That was the best marketing video for an aftermarket product I’ve seen for the 4C. Much respect for creating this product.
Seriously! Incredible video! Great job with these 👍🏻

Reactions: JM4c

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Can you post pictures of the underside off the car? Is underside glossy finished or raw?
Is air channel open element or meshed? Mounting points.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you post pictures of the underside off the car? Is underside glossy finished or raw?
Is air channel open element or meshed? Mounting points.
Underside is kept raw for engine temp! We tested both mesh and open. Open was best for full airflow and looks. Without the mesh it has that race car look. No debris enters bay without mesh so we took it out.

Mounting points are kept the same exact as OEM. Wanted to keep it very similar. Check out images here. The trunk open with the scoops attached in air is really cool.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Wow that is an awesome vid. Car looks amazing how do I get a set or they already spoken for

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Spider RC/Tobacco
88 Posts
Love the DIY, offer-to-others nature of this community!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sent in order! The pogea trunk is what? 5K?! And the best part about it is the scoops. This is $¼ of that. Thanks dude! I can tell good work went into this project. Cheers!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Sent in order! The pogea trunk is what? 5K?! And the best part about it is the scoops. This is $¼ of that. Thanks dude! I can tell good work went into this project. Cheers! View attachment 118087
Yea im the guy who spent it lol , i do love my pogea product , however if this were available back than i would have went with this . "Op" did a great job

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,407 Posts
Yea im the guy who spent it lol , i do love my pogea product , however if this were available back than i would have went with this . "Op" did a great job

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I agree. I just don’t have the spare $ at present otherwise I’d have jumped on it.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Is there any fitment issues whatsoever? What’s the black tape at the lower corner of the one in the picture for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is there any fitment issues whatsoever? What’s the black tape at the loser corner of the one in the picture for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fit is perfect & seam lines are just right. To create a perfect fit OEM vents must be 3D scanned and then reversed engineered. Once designed you have to 3D print the piece to confirm fitment. That is not tape. It is thermometer strip. Shape was not easy to replicate! The vent has crazy curves

1 - 20 of 34 Posts