Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2017 4C Coupe
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Gotta say your son is right. Buy a color you love!!!
The young boys learned from us but are more connected in today's world. Always worth listening to them
Post pics and impressions upon delivery. Congrats again!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am also planning to install a dash camera. I had one in my last convertible and it was helpful when some idiot mildly scratched it at 2km per hour in a parking lot and drove away. I gave the details to the RCMP and ICBC and it was addressed quickly. I like the Thinkware FP800.

·
Registered
2017 4C Coupe
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
In choosing the camera, was after something that wouldn't add clutter to all glass area, given the 4C's overall visibility.
The rear view mirror chosen, being wider than the stock and with the built-in 7" reverse screen, was not intrusive. Having anti-glare and auto-dimming lens are nice upgrades.

Installed under license plate.
20200614_122607.jpg

Rear camera

Testing operation prior to finalizing
[/QUOTE]

..........what model of camera did you buy? .........

·
Registered
14 Posts
what model of camera did you buy? Cannot easily see it in the forum and may get the same one and install it at the same time I put in my dash camera if you like it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Will post a picture when it arrives. I had been looking for an Alfa for a few months and had checked out those available. I was a bit undecided between the coupe and the spider - each has advantages but was mainly drawn to the spider I guess. Love the open air feeling. Was also not sure on the color - again each has advantages. Was close to a white coupe but it sold before my offer was finalized. I thought yellow was a bit young for me - red also perhaps and so the grey was beautiful and age appropriate. One of my sons convinced me when he said do not buy a colour you like dad, buy a colour you love.
Cannot wait to take it on the sea to sky - or any highway for that matter
So you order a 2020 Spider?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wish. I have been looking nationally and bought one over the internet from a dealer and having it shipped to the west coast. I could not justify the cost of buying new - these cars take such a huge depreciation hit in the first 2 years - almost as bad as a Jaguar which falls like a stone.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I wish. I have been looking nationally and bought one over the internet from a dealer and having it shipped to the west coast. I could not justify the cost of buying new - these cars take such a huge depreciation hit in the first 2 years - almost as bad as a Jaguar which falls like a stone.
I may be wrong, but I believe those days of stone fall depreciation may possibly be in the rearview, time will tell.

·
Registered
2017 4C Coupe
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Rear back camera installed and secured. With the 4C already on jackstands, proceeded to remove the wheels to clean up accumulated surface rust on various brake/suspension components. The selling dealer had it on their lot since January.
Completed dash cam rear view mirror

Backup camera secured

Surface corrosion cleanup (before/after pics)

20200617_165332.jpg

Applied Molykote to rear face of alloy wheel bolt plate to prevent wheel sticking.

Even polished the wheel bolts!!!

·
Registered
2017 4C Coupe
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Last Saturday, after first driving the CTR took out the 4C to confirm wiring integrity. Both so nice and light. The CTR'S Continental SportContact 6 tires are definitely stickier than the 4C's OEM Pirelli P Zero's. They're both pleasing me more n more, not only on the drive, but likewise, to look at!!!

4C ready for PPF in the next 2 weeks

My CTR with PPF and Ceramic coating done this past May

Screen shots taken today of dash cam in operation.
Front dash cam. Screen can be full front, split 50/50 between rear camera or put in top right corner.

Rear camera in reverse mode.

Resolution quality is certainly better than in my two Hondas!!!😁

21 - 29 of 29 Posts