Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

shift paddle or climate controls

121 - 140 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
I know, I am sorry.....I asked multiple times and removed it from the CMF, so I thought he would get it right this time. my apologizes. If I could remove them safely I would, but fear I would damage them in the process. I might be able to get extra caps if you would like to try, but they are on there very well, I have tried to remove them.
Sort of crazy that they would make the same mistake on two production runs months apart but it is what it is. With a logo on the steering wheel, on the dash and on the headrests I don't think the car needs another logo inside but it's small on the knob.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sort of crazy that they would make the same mistake on two production runs months apart but it is what it is. With a logo on the steering wheel, on the dash and on the headrests I don't think the car needs another logo inside but it's small on the knob.
I guess I don't remember there being a discussion about w/ or w/o logo, but glad it's there -- BTW, where is the emblem on the dash? Do you mean on the display during start up? Anyway, I got my USPS Tracking number, so I'm like a kid at Christmas!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just got my tracking number, thank you so much Beau. Btw, I was under the impression the order was for the knobs exclusively, am I right to assume I also get that nifty slider with this package?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I guess I don't remember there being a discussion about w/ or w/o logo, but glad it's there -- BTW, where is the emblem on the dash? Do you mean on the display during start up? Anyway, I got my USPS Tracking number, so I'm like a kid at Christmas!
Alfa Romeo script on the passenger dash where a glovebox would be.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Y’all be careful removing that OEM slider. I ended up breaking a minuscule $0.10 part that cost me $368 and a nice bottle of whiskey to replace. The $368 was for a complete HVAC panel from a junkyard. The development and 3D printing of the part cost me the whiskey.

If you break it, DM me and I’ll send you the contact info for the guy that made my 3D printed replacement.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Y’all be careful removing that OEM slider. I ended up breaking a minuscule $0.10 part that cost me $368 and a nice bottle of whiskey to replace. The $368 was for a complete HVAC panel from a junkyard. The development and 3D printing of the part cost me the whiskey.

If you break it, DM me and I’ll send you the contact info for the guy that made my 3D printed replacement.
Any advice on damage free removal after misfortune

·
Registered
752 Posts
Damn I wish I could have gotten a set

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
891 Posts
Any advice on damage free removal after misfortune
Pull straight, try to push in the tabs somehow, cuss accordingly. I was very careful and still broke it. After playing with the broken bits, it seems like the (or mine at least) tabs were a few microns too large to compress enough for removal.

Below is a pic of the part in question. I do want to stress that this is an issue with the OEM part and has nothing to do with Beau’s designs. I am very happy with his work and the resulting product.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I chose to stay with the factory slider because it blends into the panel and with Beau's knobs nicely imho

knobs3.JPG

Reactions: smc4C

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Hey Everyone,
all orders have been shipped, if you have not received an email with tracking number with the email you gave myself, please let me know.

I am still pending one order that needs to get back to me @parkertseng , let me know what address you want to ship to-

121 - 140 of 195 Posts