·
Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
991 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hey Everyone,
all orders have been shipped, if you have not received an email with tracking number with the email you gave myself, please let me know.

I am still pending one order that needs to get back to me @parkertseng , let me know what address you want to ship to-
I haven't recived an email on my end unless on over looking it.
Appreciate the update!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Anyone have tips on how to get the slider off? I did see Barth Vader's post, but I haven't had much luck with my attempts so far, and afraid of breaking something...

·
Premium Member
2018 4c and Stelvio
364 Posts
Are the original pictured knobs black or silver? The ones that were delivered are silver and look different

·
Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
991 Posts
Same, I gave up
Wish I did. I broke mine. SHIT! I wish there was a more detailed description of how to remove the OEM slider. Also, there was no mention of the little white pieces in the OEM knobs. Mine came out and didn't know if they should go back in the light pipe or not. Tried with them in and it doesn't fit, so took them out and it fits.

Oh, and make sure you remove that screw under the fan speed knob BEFORE you try to remove the shroud. Man, I struggled for 10 minutes and then I remembered I hadn't removed the screw! Good thing that didn't break too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wish I did. I broke mine. SHIT! I wish there was a more detailed description of how to remove the OEM slider. Also, there was no mention of the little white pieces in the OEM knobs. Mine came out and didn't know if they should go back in the light pipe or not. Tried with them in and it doesn't fit, so took them out and it fits.

Oh, and make sure you remove that screw under the fan speed knob BEFORE you try to remove the shroud. Man, I struggled for 10 minutes and then I remembered I hadn't removed the screw! Good thing that didn't break too.
RIP. Yeah, I just found the upgrade not worth the risk without more information. Hopefully you can find a replacement part, I think someone in this thread has a 3d printer file for the hinge piece

·
Registered
229 Posts
I did watch that, but the new slide is slightly different (better access/bigger slots), so there isn't much there that helps with removing the original. I've tried every tool I have that should work (right angle snap ring pliers should have been the ticket), but it is requiring more force than I'm comfortable with, and a couple have broken theirs so far. So far, it feels like one side is releasing and the other side isn't. Kind of feels like the force needed may snap the tabs. Hoping there is a trick/angle/tool/etc. that helps to remove it safely. Nothing wrong with Beu's new piece, it looks great, it's an issue getting the old one off.

141 - 160 of 195 Posts