Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought this made more sense as its own thread...

From Here:

Recall this bit:

I was thinking something similar. That said, what you linked isn't what you want. You want this:

1.5mm thick would be more than enough. That way there's some substance to it, no adhesive necessary. I bought this in 1.5mm to cover a table actually about a year ago. It would be enough protection for dropped phones, etc and it has enough texture that i doubt your heel would slip.

It would be easy to trim with utility knife. You need 18.5"x19" for passenger and 18.5"x24" for driver side. You might be able to get away with a little less or more, I just measured the extra set of mats in my basement and those are the largest dimensions. I would actually go a touch bigger, you could probably get nice coverage.

EDIT - typing this actually convinced myself that this would be kind of neat with the red tub. I ordered a 24"x40" in 2mm (luxury, lol). I figured wtf for 32 bucks I'll see how it goes. Will report back with pics probably early next week once I get this and play with it 😂

Alright so the roll came today. Total time involved - 15 minutes. It comes rolled so they’re still not 100% flat. I am going to try and press them flat overnight. Overall, this was pretty easy and while idk if I’ll drive around like this, it’s actually pretty neat for a C&C type scenario. The mats are pretty thick so there’s more substance to it than you’d initially think. I don’t think a bit of dirt/moisture on a shoe would render these useless honestly.

Ok so onto it (doing this quick because I’m about to head out in the car for some shenanigans 😆😆)

Side view of material:

Wood Road surface Asphalt Flooring Automotive tire

Cut - Is it perfect? No. More than good enough though (I did it free hand)

Hood Road surface Rectangle Asphalt Flooring

Ok - now in the car.. not the best pics in garage at night and they’re not laying 100% flat (I’m sure they’ll look better tomorrow once the material flattens but you get the idea…
White Vehicle Light Motor vehicle Black

Gear shift Vehicle Car White Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle White

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Gear shift

·
Super Moderator
10,137 Posts

From Here:

Recall this bit:

Alright so the roll came today. Total time involved - 15 minutes. It comes rolled so they’re still not 100% flat. I am going to try and press them flat overnight. Overall, this was pretty easy and while idk if I’ll drive around like this, it’s actually pretty neat for a C&C type scenario. The mats are pretty thick so there’s more substance to it than you’d initially think. I don’t think a bit of dirt/moisture on a shoe would render these useless honestly.

Ok so onto it (doing this quick because I’m about to head out in the car for some shenanigans 😆😆)

Side view of material:

View attachment 122092

View attachment 122093

Ok - now in the car.. not the best pics in garage at night and they’re not laying 100% flat (I’m sure they’ll look better tomorrow once the material flattens but you get the idea…
View attachment 122094
View attachment 122095
View attachment 122096
View attachment 122097
That shows off the lovely red tub nicely. A great idea. It’s a pity you Tributo owners were ripped off severely with no carbon bezel mounting the gear buttons on the centre console and no carbon dash as well, or did you forget to tick the options box when ordering? (What options box, do I hear you say?)….And one of our dealers is asking $400,000 for one. That must make mine worth at least $200,000😉😂. Haaaaa! ….Sorry, it’s jealousy on my part.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That shows off the lovely red tub nicely. A great idea. It’s a pity you Tributo owners were ripped off severely with no carbon bezel mounting the gear buttons on the centre console and no carbon dash as well, or did you forget to tick the options box when ordering? (What options box, do I hear you say?)….And one of our dealers is asking $400,000 for one. That must make mine worth at least $200,000😉😂. Haaaaa! ….Sorry, it’s jealousy on my part.
Yes. All the Tributos and Italias don’t have the CF interior. Something about the special dash plaques conflicting. I did swap those bits in CF onto my other one. The one photographed is #33 - I don’t really drive it (cue the outrage) and I keep that one exactly as Modena made her…

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saw a Tributo at Italian Car Day here in Atlanta last weekend, wish I had been in line for one after seeing it...…gorgeous.
It’s a really pretty car - I’m convinced the red tub especially doesn’t really photograph well. It looks more natural in person for some reason.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lovely car.
But that steering wheel is a let down.
I love what you did with your wheel. I want to do something similar - we’ll see…

·
Registered
2,425 Posts

From Here:

Recall this bit:

Side view of material:

View attachment 122092

View attachment 122093

View attachment 122094
View attachment 122095
View attachment 122096
View attachment 122097
John console needs to get done

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Put that vinyl material out in the Sun for an hour and it will be perfectly flat (and easy to cut).

Cool idea. Love seeing the CF that way.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,357 Posts
Lovely car.
But that steering wheel is a let down.
The thing I don't understand is why ALFA went from the colored emblems on the steering wheel, wheel centers, etc. to the mono toned versions....the color version on the earlier cars looks SO much cooler (like on my LE).

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The thing I don't understand is why ALFA went from the colored emblems on the steering wheel, wheel centers, etc. to the mono toned versions....the color version on the earlier cars looks SO much cooler (like on my LE).
I have to agree with you on this. I’m used to it by now but I do think the colored logo on the 15/16 cars looked nice on the wheel.

No other brand I can think of puts a monochromatic logo on the steering wheel. Not a big deal but I don’t really get their decision there.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,357 Posts
I have to agree with you on this. I’m used to it by now but I do think the colored logo on the 15/16 cars looked nice on the wheel.

No other brand I can think of puts a monochromatic logo on the steering wheel. Not a big deal but I don’t really get their decision there.
I agree.....ALFA arguably has by far the most beautiful and historic logo of any car make and needs to flaunt it in all its colored glory.

·
Super Moderator
10,137 Posts
Saving a buck. Penny wise, pound foolish.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I like black on my cars, especially carbon fiber, but if it is all black and nothing else, it just looks kind of bland and boring. And you should not mess with the colored Alfa badge. It is a little thing, but it does make a difference. Whether on the interior or exterior you need just a little color (it does not take much) to make things right.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Each to their own. I far prefer the new logo.

As for the comment about no other brand using a monochromatic logo on the steering wheel, what about VW, Skoda, Audi, Hyundai, Mercedes-Benz, Maserati, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Suzuki, I could go on...

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Each to their own. I far prefer the new logo.

As for the comment about no other brand using a monochromatic logo on the steering wheel, what about VW, Skoda, Audi, Hyundai, Mercedes-Benz, Maserati, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Suzuki, I could go on...
I should clarify, I can't think of a car company that has a colored logo using a monochromatic version of that colored logo on the steering wheel...

I also prefer the new (silver trim) logo to the old (gold trim) one; however, I do think a colored (silver trim) logo on the wheel would look nice.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Yup....ridiculous that some ITALIAs didn't even come with AKRA, CF Halo or ITALIA MIRRORS...wtfrk!
Both my Italia and 33 were "Dealer Corrected" and noted on Bill of Sale (yes @lars I kept the originals! LOL...and still looking for a complete console to send you for the 33 as I still want the cheap crappy oem plastic one :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:).
Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Speedometer Car Gauge Motor vehicle

·
Registered
82 Posts
For all those who really want the colored logo, see if you can procure an airbag from the 2015/2016 era? Having removed my own steering wheel (including airbag) for my control mod, it's really plug and play (once you get over the psychological hurdle of removing an airbag).

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yup....ridiculous that some ITALIAs didn't even come with AKRA, CF Halo or ITALIA MIRRORS...wtfrk!
Both my Italia and 33 were "Dealer Corrected" and noted on Bill of Sale (yes @lars I kept the originals! LOL...and still looking for a complete console to send you for the 33 as I still want the cheap crappy oem plastic one :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:).
View attachment 122169

View attachment 122170
I'm waiting to get a second console too. Hmmm... I will have to be aggressive if I see one 🤣

1 - 20 of 22 Posts