Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

281 - 300 of 356 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
I’m the buyer of this car. Held off posting anything until the auction was done as I was trying to keep a somewhat low profile. The car was the exact year, mileage, color (especially interior - I am a black interior only guy), condition, etc. that I was looking for. Did not care about the track suspension or track exhaust as I plan on installing Nitrons and QS exhaust. Carbon exterior bits look good, but I also think the car looks good without them. I never use a back up camera. The only thing I would have liked that was missing was Xenon headlights. The full car PPF was a huge plus. Personally, I thought the “current” value for the car was mid $50s, but I do think they will hold their value well and paying a little more to get exactly what I want now was worth it to me. I previously owned a Lotus Elise and Lotus Exige (which had halogen headlights, no back up camera, etc.) and they were the only two cars I have ever owned that I drove just to drive. Plan to pick up the car on Thursday. COTA is only 2 hours from me.......
Congrats on a beautiful 4C. The prices are climbing and your money will always be there. This car is more rare than the Lotus. Only a few were sold, specially the 2018, which is the last year of the coupe. With only 2k miles and a full Suntek PPF you did good. I tell people the secret is to find what you want and don’t just buy because is a “good” deal. You have basically a brand new car with warranty. Also, being close to it, you don’t have to worry about transportation or any damages while in transit.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I’m the buyer of this car. Held off posting anything until the auction was done as I was trying to keep a somewhat low profile. The car was the exact year, mileage, color (especially interior - I am a black interior only guy), condition, etc. that I was looking for. Did not care about the track suspension or track exhaust as I plan on installing Nitrons and QS exhaust. Carbon exterior bits look good, but I also think the car looks good without them. I never use a back up camera. The only thing I would have liked that was missing was Xenon headlights. The full car PPF was a huge plus. Personally, I thought the “current” value for the car was mid $50s, but I do think they will hold their value well and paying a little more to get exactly what I want now was worth it to me. I previously owned a Lotus Elise and Lotus Exige (which had halogen headlights, no back up camera, etc.) and they were the only two cars I have ever owned that I drove just to drive. Plan to pick up the car on Thursday. COTA is only 2 hours from me.......
I can tell you that in the majority of cases (business) I will beat down and out-negotiate most. Part of my job entails and requires that!
Nevertheless....I can also tell you that I paid way more (close to ask) than most when seeking out "MY" spec 4Cs (BOTH TIMES). Some things just are not worth missing out on...

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
COTA is only 2 hours from me.......
Congrats on the purchase! I haven't been to COTA with my car yet, as it is about 3x my normal track price. I'll do it eventually, but wanted to work on my 4C driving skills first. Where in Texas are you? There are several of us that use The Driver's Edge for our track driving pleasure, due to outstanding in car instruction. I mostly go to MSR Houston, so if you find yourself in the area (it is a nicely balanced track that the high horse powered cars don't just run away from you) please join us.

Reactions: Rainier G

·
Registered
195 Posts
I passed on a perfect spec (to me) final year 2011 Lotus Elise and I have never seen that exact spec come up for sale since. That definitely weighed on my mind.
I had a 2005 and a 2011 Elise, the Lotus is a great car but the 4C is superior IMO :D Congrats!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Let’s get it on.

Will be watching this one with interest, the last '17 4C that sold on BAT had similar mileage and much higher spec sold for $54k (back in July). This one is pretty sparse on options - will be a good data point for the market on later model 4Cs

this one just ended today

fair price I would say
Good deal all round on this one, a smidge above recent market prices for LEs with this mileage when you factor in the BAT fee

·
Registered
72 Posts
this one just ended today

fair price I would say
Found something interesting on this one checking my pricing data - it was listed at a dealership for $50k back in mid-September. Can only assume it didn't sell and was bought wholesale for mid-40's - the seller took the reserve off when bids passed this point.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Ok who wants in
10 dollar buy , winner takes all at closest to sale price . 1 bet per person , once we decide ill do collection again , however please send friends and family last time they charged me a fee for each 10 dollar bet meaning ill have to come out of pocket to pay the winner .
Let me and/ or RainerG know

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
Ok who wants in
10 dollar buy , winner takes all at closest to sale price . 1 bet per person , once we decide ill do collection again , however please send friends and family last time they charged me a fee for each 10 dollar bet meaning ill have to come out of pocket to pay the winner .
I'm in. $50k. When does betting end?

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,358 Posts
Ok who wants in

Put me down for 51K. Let me know if funds came through as friend.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I just received the first 10 dollars from RainerG ,not to much interest in the bet so far ,lets get all bets in at the 5 day mark .

281 - 300 of 356 Posts