Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 40 of 1,156 Posts
Like last time, I have these two clowns in BAT attacking me with baseless lies. Apparently, they are always trying to troll the 4C auctions so it can influence the bids. Anyways, I invited the two clowns to come to our forum so we can discuss any further. I feel bad that their rant and BS will only hurt the seller.
Gotta love the internet:cautious:

I have seen that both on BAT and various internet car reviews....not just 4C but other brands/models. Seems some people (probably a bunch of kids) or other car fan boys think it is fun to troll these posts. I think it is great when one of us post positive comments and contradict what these AHs are posting. Perhaps they are trying to deflate the cost so they can get a cheaper deal...but more likely they are just trolling as they have nothing better to do than be a jerk. I suspect that many people who use BAT know about these people so ignore them...but still it can depress the car sale and hurt the seller as well as the value of the cars down the road.

I have seen that both on BAT and various internet car reviews....not just 4C but other brands/models. Seems some people (probably a bunch of kids) or other car fan boys think it is fun to troll these posts. I think it is great when one of us post positive comments and contradict what these AHs are posting. Perhaps they are trying to deflate the cost so they can get a cheaper deal...but more likely they are just trolling as they have nothing better to do than be a jerk. I suspect that many people who use BAT know about these people so ignore them...but still it can depress the car sale and hurt the seller as well as the value of the cars down the road.
I was actually laughing in that kid's general direction...

He started espousing how he was too cool to drive an automatic and then he started talking about his Ford Focus ST. No offense junior, it's a fine economy car... but... you don't get to enlighten us all with your automotive critique when you're rocking wrong-wheel-drive... 😂

Yup, I noticed the same thing. Lol
I heard a good analogy once, "Arguing with an internet troll is like playing chess with a pigeon--they don't know what they're doing; and when you beat them they're just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like they won anyway...".

Good on you for taking the high road and carrying on undeterred. I hate seeing people sell these cars--but now that I bought into the game, I hope the seller does well.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Yeah the strength of BaT lies in the fact that they have thousands of highly knowledgeable experts who can look at the picture of some obscure prewar random car and spot that it has the wrong washer on one of the bolts or stuff like that. Super impressive,.and gives buyers a lot of comfort (correctly or otherwise) that they're buying a well-represented car. Unfortunately with those great commenters you also get a bunch of bozos who talk crap without having any idea.

Like last time, I have these two clowns in BAT attacking me with baseless lies. Apparently, they are always trying to troll the 4C auctions so it can influence the bids. Anyways, I invited the two clowns to come to our forum so we can discuss any further. I feel bad that their rant and BS will only hurt the seller.
What is the actual site address? Don't mind a sh*t stir and will always back our 4Cs and their owners. Having a lighthearted dig is one thing but deliberately trying to run down prices to hurt the seller for whatever reason is beyond the pale.

1) It's unfortunate when you read a negative review on the 4C, because you realize how little it takes to sort them out. 2) Everyone involved in Alfa's marketing and public relations should be fired for how poorly they have managed their North American RE-launch and the handling of media cars.
3) I won't even get started with the folks allowing cars to leave the factory with a crappy alignment...
Absolutely!
1) this is unfortunately due to the fact that 'most' reviewers [you mean the kid that borrowed one and wrote about it, or the journalist (?) who gave a review of a 'track car marginally being squeezed through legislation as a road car' and compared it to the sea of 'numb sport cars with traditional heritage badges'?] have no clue!
2) the Launch of the 4C was created by a visionary (RIP Sergio) but subsequently managed sporadically, inconsistently and without an end game conversion! Here in the Toronto area Alfa is attached to Maserati and/or Ferrari. The owner of the dealerships owns two 4Cs and it was easier to negotiate the price on a used Fcar than the 4C! 4C ownership is akin to the ownerships of the other two marques. I am betting your milage may vary if the Alfa is attached to a FIAT . Chrysler dealership (although there are always exceptions to this theory).
3) agree, but this is where a "good" dealership (for ANY brand) should be coming to the plate and correcting the problem and lobbying the manufacturer.

Now having said this, I can share that I KNEW the 4C was a WANT HAVE car the moment I saw it in person. Any 'flaws' it would present would be corrected. One of the 'best' reviewers for me was Sam on Seen Through Glass. Why? Because he actually drove one for more than 45 minutes!

P.S. Let us be careful what we wish for...if (read WHEN) these things start going up, the cost of ownership (Parts/Maintenance, etc) will rise as well!! I only want my 'things' to go up in value when I'm ready to sell them! NOT BEFORE! :cool:
For example, when I see some (hopefully false) stories like a speedster windshield selling for $50k I laugh....then I cry!

As someone who follows all Alfas on BAT I will say historically there have been too many fan boy comments regarding 4Cs that have maybe hurt more than helped.

BAT is a site that requires you to read comments to learn who you believe and who you don’t. This is harder with new cars but you have forums like this forum to learn more about newer cars.

BAT is not a great place to argue or disagree with others unless it is a clear factual error. Like a wrong part on an older car that has been restored.

Jeff

Its looking like im going to be very wrong unfortunately , not much time left sitting at 42k

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Not as high as it could have gone, but not a bad outcome considering how 4Cs historically struggled to find much interest on BaT. Second highest print after the creampuff last month.

May seem incredible, but other 4Cs either didn't meet reserve or printed in the 40s or even in the 30s. Even low mileage creampuffs. So in a way this confirms 4C prices are firming up a lot, but there's a long way still to go.

21 - 40 of 1,156 Posts