Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
621 - 640 of 673 Posts

·
Registered
2015 4C Coupe
181 Posts
Doesn't surprise me much. 4Cs with over 10k miles don't usually do well on BaT. There's only been 1 car with that many miles sell for more and that one had the timing belt service done already. BaT has always seemed to favor the really low mileage examples. Then on top of that throw in another active listing? Not great. The timing belt is getting more and more important, especially for examples that aren't otherwise super appealing specs. Nobody wants to get a car that feels like they immediately need to schedule a $2500 service trip.

·
Registered
2015 4C Coupe
181 Posts
If 16K miles is considered high mileage for 4Cs and affecting value, then my 60K mile LE is probably worthless! No matter, because I’m never selling it.
Haha definitely not worthless! Mine has 30K and looks nearly brand new still. The 4C is good as gold, but high mileage on BaT and high mileage in real life are just two different numbers.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Just what we need is another up for auction.
2017 basalt with red. 10K miles. Leather interior, track package, Akra.
I swear sometimess it seems like BaT releases these in batches. Why, I’ll never understand.
Ive never seen a basalt in person by it looks great in pics.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Funny that @John4C did the numbers game with this Rosso Alfa LE. The downselect is only 2 branches. I love them though. They’re loaded. And if you prefer the microfiber seats to leather and the Alfa exhaust to the Akrapovic as I do then the LE gave you everything that is desirable in a coupe, in one package with little premium on it. Though the tri-coats are gorgeous, there is also something eternally classy and Italian about the non-metallic red.

And happy to have earlier provided the spin material of ”reflecting what the designers intended.”
That has a better ring to it than “the golden retriever of 4Cs”
:p

It’s also amazing to think that ~300 cars qualifies as ubiquitous in our wonderful 4C world!
Will be interesting to see what this one goes for.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
SOLD - $63.5K

And...

Another one:

How does that car only have 200 miles though?

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Dynamic mode not even unlocked yet, right?
It’s close. My Tributo unlocked at 172 miles - likely before but that’s when I tried and it went into dynamic. I think it’s 300km / 180 miles technically.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,357 Posts
SOLD - $63.5K

And...

Another one:

How does that car only have 200 miles though?
The problem with such a low mileage car....any issues that would have been taken care of with the warranty are now at your expense. Luckily the 4C has no recalls and is a reliable and pretty much bullet proof car. With other cars I would be nervous.
I also wonder how anyone could have such a awesome car and only put 200 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
The problem with such a low mileage car....any issues that would have been taken care of with the warranty are now at your expense. Luckily the 4C has no recalls and is a reliable and pretty much bullet proof car. With other cars I would be nervous.
I also wonder how anyone could have such a awesome car and only put 200 miles on it.
I tend to agree without about unknowns. The nice thing about the black one though is it appears to have been first titled 11/18 so it should have ~14 months of warranty left to knock the cobwebs out of it.

As to why someone would buy it and not drive it, no idea.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I tend to agree without about unknowns. The nice thing about the black one though is it appears to have been first titled 11/18 so it should have ~14 months of warranty left to knock the cobwebs out of it.

As to why someone would buy it and not drive it, no idea.
50k bid off the bat! Did you find your third?

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
50k bid off the bat! Did you find your third?
Probably not. This one is very nice. It’s really not my color combo. I’m not buying another one of these anytime soon realistically. There are a couple I’d buy if they became available in this condition though.

621 - 640 of 673 Posts