Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
861 - 880 of 924 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #861 ·
Thanks Rick! All i have left to do is the timing belt... You had Miller do your timing belt i assume?
I got a quote for that big job I described, but I haven't done it yet. I have been toying with the idea of selling the car, but now I'm leaning towards keeping it and swallowing the horrible cost of the major service.

·
Administrator
19,010 Posts
I got a quote for that big job I described, but I haven't done it yet. I have been toying with the idea of selling the car, but now I'm leaning towards keeping it and swallowing the horrible cost of the major service.
Or find better pricing? That seems hugely inflated.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #866 ·
At that cost, I’d drive it down to Eurotec motors in Livingston NJ or there is an independent on Long Island. Save a lot of money. I have used Eurotec for 30 years.
In theory it's a great idea, in practice it means waste a sunday afternoon (or worse, take time off work) to drive 2:30hrs down to Long island, spend $200 for an uber ride back, then waste another half day and $200 to pick up a few days later. Save some money for sure but it massively sucks if you have a full time job and a family.

·
Registered
604 Posts
In theory it's a great idea, in practice it means waste a sunday afternoon (or worse, take time off work) to drive 2:30hrs down to Long island, spend $200 for an uber ride back, then waste another half day and $200 to pick up a few days later. Save some money for sure but it massively sucks if you have a full time job and a family.
I hear you, I imagine there are some great indy shops in CT that can do your service but you have to find one.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Don't look now but John4C is high bidder on the beautiful LE on BaT. Go get em John!!
I bid on a lot of them. It’s really just to hype the ones I think are good (or when I think they need a push based on recent sales). This one is a bit of both. Nice car and lately 4Cs haven’t been doing great on BAT (partially the ones offered). That said, I’m not the high bidder anymore and am not going to bid again, lol.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
This one's in your neck of the woods, @John4C , do you know it personally?

No. I don’t know that one. You’re right though, it’s only ~45 minutes from me. I haven’t really looked at the auction yet but seems like a nice car (I would hope it’s pretty clean given the mileage). It’ll be interesting to see how it does. The last one did respectably IMHO so hopefully this does as well.

861 - 880 of 924 Posts