Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
881 - 900 of 924 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Amazing these guys don't put any miles on their cars.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It seems like there are two types of buyers from what I’ve seen. First group thinks all 4Cs are basically the same. Second group has dug in and learned more about the rare options that became available later in the production of the car that are harder to find (ie: carbon fiber roof/halo, full titanium valved exhaust by Akrapovic, carbon fiber interior group, front fascia vents). Especially cars with multiple of the rarer options.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Agreed, I don't think I've seen a low option car bring more than low 60's. That car didn't have HID lights which would be a deal breaker for me - want all the light I can get in deer alley.

·
Registered
350 Posts
It seems like there are two types of buyers from what I’ve seen. First group thinks all 4Cs are basically the same. Second group has dug in and learned more about the rare options that became available later in the production of the car that are harder to find (ie: carbon fiber roof/halo, full titanium valved exhaust by Akrapovic, carbon fiber interior group, front fascia vents). Especially cars with multiple of the rarer options.
That's because you guys think your all collectors.
Only a collector or a flipper might care about a "rare" option combo.
Most of those options dont matter much who actually drive them.
None of the options make the car go faster, you have the race suspension and tires.
The rest is cosmetic.
Just sayin

That said from a guy whose car HAS most of the options. lol

·
Registered
203 Posts
That's because you guys think your all collectors.
Only a collector or a flipper might care about a "rare" option combo.
Most of those options dont matter much who actually drive them.
None of the options make the car go faster, you have the race suspension and tires.
The rest is cosmetic.
Just sayin

That said from a guy whose car HAS most of the options. lol
I guess we will take this line by line.

First: you're
Second: I am not a flipper or collector and I care about what options each of my cars/trucks/motorcycles have when I buy them as do many others
Third: If you don't think a fully titanium exhaust that is valved to the modes of the car makes a difference when driving I am guessing you don't have it (Just looked, you don't)
Fourth: Did anyone say the options make the car go faster? Also, different suspension and lighter weight technically do make the car faster.
Fifth: Suspension, weight, and exhaust are not cosmetic however this is the closest you came to an actual factual point. The 4C has lots of cosmetic options

After finding a picture of your car you DO NOT HAVE most of the options. For sure not the rare ones I was referring to. (It looks like maybe you have a carbon fiber halo) But thank you for proving my point. You sir, are a perfect example of someone who falls into the first group I pointed out. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I guess we will take this line by line.

First: you're
Second: I am not a flipper or collector and I care about what options each of my cars/trucks/motorcycles have when I buy them as do many others
Third: If you don't think a fully titanium exhaust that is valved to the modes of the car makes a difference when driving I am guessing you don't have it (Just looked, you don't)
Fourth: Did anyone say the options make the car go faster? Also, different suspension and lighter weight technically do make the car faster.
Fifth: Suspension, weight, and exhaust are not cosmetic however this is the closest you came to an actual factual point. The 4C has lots of cosmetic options

After finding a picture of your car you DO NOT HAVE most of the options. For sure not the rare ones I was referring to. (It looks like maybe you have a carbon fiber halo) But thank you for proving my point. You sir, are a perfect example of someone who falls into the first group I pointed out. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
lol....
You got me...I dont have flag mirrors, akro, and the headlights.
None of those make the car faster or handle any better. (Not sure akro flows any better than race exhaust, if so not anything anyone would notice, idk)
I have race suspension, upgraded tires and rims, halo, carbon interior, seats, ext color was an upgrade as well.....
Yeah, im Bare Bones here!!
Im down like 3 minimal options
Well maybe the headlights make it faster but only at night. haha.
I HAVE MOST the options!!!! lol
I contend you haven't a clue "what group I fall into." Whose group? What does it mean?
I can make a strong case that folks who are so into cosmetic options are posuers, but I wont.

Cant someone just buy the best car available to them at the time they are ready to buy?
My car is hard to beat, ppf, warranty for 2 more years, maybe 3.....low miles, the right color, halo, cf interior, etc and I got a good deal on it at a time when it was hard to do so.
Collector or flipper I aint!

Now....lemme see your car!!!
Man, to go and investigate what car I have....You could have just asked.
:)

·
Registered
2017 Coupe. Black w/red leather, dark fan wheels, carbon fiber roof, Akrapovic
271 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
lol....
You got me...I dont have flag mirrors, akro, and the headlights.
None of those make the car faster or handle any better. (Not sure akro flows any better than race exhaust, if so not anything anyone would notice, idk)
I have race suspension, upgraded tires and rims, halo, carbon interior, seats, ext color was an upgrade as well.....
Yeah, im Bare Bones here!!
Im down like 3 minimal options
Well maybe the headlights make it faster but only at night. haha.
I HAVE MOST the options!!!! lol
I contend you haven't a clue "what group I fall into." Whose group? What does it mean?
I can make a strong case that folks who are so into cosmetic options are posuers, but I wont.

Cant someone just buy the best car available to them at the time they are ready to buy?
My car is hard to beat, ppf, warranty for 2 more years, maybe 3.....low miles, the right color, halo, cf interior, etc and I got a good deal on it at a time when it was hard to do so.
Collector or flipper I aint!

Now....lemme see your car!!!
Man, to go and investigate what car I have....You could have just asked.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Sky

Here's mine. Went and met up with some old friends who had also recently gotten new toys. I am the poor one of the bunch. :LOL:

I think it's great you are happy with your car. That is the most important thing. And you certainly have some great options!

You have way more patience that me. I think I waited 8 months to get mine because there were next to none on the market a year ago. There are an insane amount of them for sale at the moment historically speaking.

·
Registered
350 Posts
View attachment 133344

Here's mine. Went and met up with some old friends who had also recently gotten new toys. I am the poor one of the bunch. :LOL:

I think it's great you are happy with your car. That is the most important thing. And you certainly have some great options!

You have way more patience that me. I think I waited 8 months to get mine because there were next to none on the market a year ago. There are an insane amount of them for sale at the moment historically speaking.
I think our cars are the same color!!!
I think the single most impactful option is track pack. :). All the rest are fluff.
You know I was just having fun with ya, right?
Its all good.

btw I really like that white cayman r. (I think its a cayman r. gt4?)
Anyway, if our cars ever increase in value a little my next car is a Spyder or cayman r.
Manual.
That would be bare bones as I wont be able to afford any options. Just letting you know in advance to save you the trouble of cyber stalking.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think the single most impactful option is track pack. :). All the rest are fluff.
Its all good.

Anyway, if our cars ever increase in value a little my next car is a Spyder or cayman r.
Manual.
That would be bare bones as I wont be able to afford any options. Just letting you know in advance to save you the trouble of cyber stalking.
I think often times these things get personal without meaning to be. That was just my observation of what I saw in the 8 months I looked for a 4C and since owning my car. The observation is based on the comments I see across the forum, FB, and BaT. It is not meant to be pointed. There is nothing wrong with being in either of the 2 groups I defined. It just seems like people fall into one or the other. Again, one is not superior to the other. Just two ways people see the car it seems.

I wanted the track pack til I realized I was going to end up buying aftermarket coilovers no matter what. :LOL: I have carbon fiber mirror covers on order so eventually I'll have all the perks I missed out on covered except the alcantara part of the wheel. I have my eye on Scara's wheel solution if I want to improve that.

I love the Akra but I also have a newborn and 2 year old so being able to tone it down backing back into the garage is a huge plus for me.

Yes that was a Cayman GT4. He has since sold it and has a Huracan EVO. Again, poor friend of the group here.

Good to hear you are looking into a bare bones car. That will be perfect for the track. ;) I didn't realize reading your thread joining the forum like I always do meant I was cyber stalking. haha.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Its all good.

Manual.
So now the option list is just fluff. I can't believe you just said that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think often times these things get personal without meaning to be. That was just my observation of what I saw in the 8 months I looked for a 4C and since owning my car. The observation is based on the comments I see across the forum, FB, and BaT. It is not meant to be pointed. There is nothing wrong with being in either of the 2 groups I defined. It just seems like people fall into one or the other. Again, one is not superior to the other. Just two ways people see the car it seems.

I wanted the track pack til I realized I was going to end up buying aftermarket coilovers no matter what. :LOL: I have carbon fiber mirror covers on order so eventually I'll have all the perks I missed out on covered except the alcantara part of the wheel. I have my eye on Scara's wheel solution if I want to improve that.

I love the Akra but I also have a newborn and 2 year old so being able to tone it down backing back into the garage is a huge plus for me.

Yes that was a Cayman GT4. He has since sold it and has a Huracan EVO. Again, poor friend of the group here.

Good to hear you are looking into a bare bones car. That will be perfect for the track. ;) I didn't realize reading your thread joining the forum like I always do meant I was cyber stalking. haha.
It's the same as the guys who claim it's the motion, not the size of the boat... People with small boats need something to tell themselves. Spec is the same way.

·
Registered
955 Posts
To each his own. In the past .... in order to obtain a desired car that was slightly out of my budget .... I would opt for the low option less expensive model. Of course .... the cars essentially drove the same, but something was missing. Usually the low optioned interior was bland and boring.

When I purchased the 4C. I was looking for a particular well optioned model. And I found it.

They're just cars. Buy what you want.

881 - 900 of 924 Posts