Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
901 - 920 of 924 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
It is that simple, though 🤯
Oh? You got what I’m looking for? I’ll be nice to her - promise! But I do need to get a loan to get the car and in the past 6 months that’s made the total price I can anfford around 20% less. Prices don’t seem to have dropped 20% that I can see but interest is getting problematic.

I would have purchased a madreperla one (not optimal but close) but the seller did some weird shit and sold it out from under me.

Anyway, no, I don’t think it’s that simple.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Oh? You got what I’m looking for? I’ll be nice to her - promise! But I do need to get a loan to get the car and in the past 6 months that’s made the total price I can anfford around 20% less. Prices don’t seem to have dropped 20% that I can see but interest is getting problematic.

I would have purchased a madreperla one (not optimal but close) but the seller did some weird shit and sold it out from under me.

Anyway, no, I don’t think it’s that simple.
It is that simple, I’m sorry to hear that the rate hikes have negatively impacted affordability that much though.

I know many people follow this but some don’t. Just in case, keep in mind that the current FFR is 2.5%. Primate rate is 5.5%. The Fed meets 9/20-21. There’s a rate hike coming. Right now there’s a 60% chance of a 75bps hike priced in (e.g. your car loan will go up another 0.75% pretty much immediately). By March the market expects the FFR at 4% (so 1.5% added to your car loan). It’s extremely unlikely that prices drop enough to offset this in the near term.

I’d try to find one soon because you may be out in the cold for the next 2-3 years until rates are expected to come back down (if they ever do, we’re coming off a bizarre decade of free money that’s a historical aberration).

·
Registered
71 Posts
I’d try to find one soon because you may be out in the cold for the next 2-3 years until rates are expected to come back down (if they ever do, we’re coming off a bizarre decade of free money that’s a historical aberration).
But I did find one - it just got away. Anyway, I'm taking on an extra 4 jobs to set cash aside so the next time one comes up I'll grab it. Maybe! I mean... Unless it's like the 2 in Texas (not enough options and drove weird) or the one in MD (sold it out from under me. Damn).

And, yes, I do follow things and do totally see the way life is going. I predict still less availability in cars (well, that seems to be factual at this point - they've announced they are making fewer, no?) and thus still higher prices despite higher interest rates. Awesome!

·
Registered
350 Posts
But I did find one - it just got away. Anyway, I'm taking on an extra 4 jobs to set cash aside so the next time one comes up I'll grab it. Maybe! I mean... Unless it's like the 2 in Texas (not enough options and drove weird) or the one in MD (sold it out from under me. Damn).

And, yes, I do follow things and do totally see the way life is going. I predict still less availability in cars (well, that seems to be factual at this point - they've announced they are making fewer, no?) and thus still higher prices despite higher interest rates. Awesome!
Ill sell you my Bare Bones for 70k.
Do you like the black rims or the gold?
:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4C LE 075 Rosso Tub
269 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Price is fair IMO. Prices for all used sports cars are falling now that new car inventory is more plentiful. And if there is a recession (not saying there will be), expect to see bargain prices for those who have cash.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You are showing 2022 which is a low supply year. Not sure about macro data. My personal experience is that I scored great deals on an Elise, a TR7 and a Corvette in Northern states in the dead of winter, while snow was on the ground. I had to test drive in the slush. Felt terrible about doing that to a brand new Corvette- but I did.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You are showing 2022
You can filter that - add as many years as you like!

I got a good deal on an Abarth as late as June - just because that particular car had been on the lot since September… But most cars don’t seem to sit around like that any longer. Still, the supply of 4Cs for sale feels like it’s steadily creeping upwards as winter nears or fortunes turn or whatever. (“Feels like” because the car search engines I use show bigger numbers than they have since at least April.)

901 - 920 of 924 Posts