Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

Administrator
Tbh, for the price range, MC20 would be the best option 馃ぃ. Almost sold my 4C for a 570S, then Covid hit and my son just hit 1 few days ago. Lucky I still able to keep my 4C
Agree, this will be a special car. Not sure what the delivery date would be if you ordered now, though. 2023 at least, I suspect.
Are they limiting production, does anyone know? How hand made is this vs the 4C's process?
People seem to think that it will follow the typical Maserati depreciation curve, but if the thing is reliable enough, I doubt that will be the case. Guessing it will hold its value much better than an "ordinary" Maser, and certainly better than an C8 long term.

Registered
Glad that it drives better than it looks. I sat in one, and then got back in my Accord and honestly could barely tell the difference. That, to me was disappointing.
But I know what Honda can do with a battery pack and a few electric motors coupled with an ICE drivetrain, so I was hopeful that the driving experience would make up for the interior.
The experience makes up for it. I don't mind the interior at all. Look like a Honda, but with premium materials. No sticky buttons and like at least.

Registered
Agree, this will be a special car. Not sure what the delivery date would be if you ordered now, though. 2023 at least, I suspect.
Are they limiting production, does anyone know? How hand made is this vs the 4C's process?
People seem to think that it will follow the typical Maserati depreciation curve, but if the thing is reliable enough, I doubt that will be the case. Guessing it will hold its value much better than an "ordinary" Maser, and certainly better than an 8C long term.
I think it鈥檚 2022 for people that already preorder. Giving how crazy the market atm, some will probably flip it for a profit right away. I鈥檓 waiting for the AMG engine Emira in 2023. 4banger4life 馃ぃ

Registered
I鈥檓 waiting for the AMG engine Emira in 2023. 4banger4life 馃ぃ
The V6 Toyota is the engine to get in the Emira. The Toyota is 200K+ mile engine without taking it apart. Can anyone say that about the I4 AMG? How about a 100K with no mechanical work? I doubt that one too. Very complicated engine with a lot electric driven parts sunken into the body.

Toyota V6 may be the most reliable engine on the market. For sure in a V6.

Registered
The V6 Toyota is the engine to get in the Emira. The Toyota is 200K+ mile engine without taking it apart. Can anyone say that about the I4 AMG? How about a 100K with no mechanical work? I doubt that one too. Very complicated engine with a lot electric driven parts sunken into the body.

Toyota V6 may be the most reliable engine on the market. For sure in a V6.
Idk about you, but I mod all of my cars. Even bought aftermarket parts, before I collect the car from the stealership. I care about the engine tuning potential over reliability.

Registered
I went from 4C Coupe to 570S Spider. The McLaren is in a different league in everything really (including costs). I've had no reliability issues or electrical issues (yet - touch wood) and I purchased with some warranty remaining which I intend to extend. Agree with what most people said before, it definitely feels like the big brother. Drives much the same except for the high speed stability from the longer wheelbase and the more stable steering (which gives just as much feedback). The double wishbones on the rear mean the mechanical grip and rear stability is much better on track etc vs the 4C's MacPherson setup. The rear window down option in the spider (with roof up) is incredible, sounds amazing.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Registered
Lets throw up some brand snobbery. Once you get to these supercar/exotic car levels ..... you get some snobbery. Not saying I suffer from this (my wife may not agree ;) ), but it is there right or wrong. Loved the Audi R8 V10, but to the "snobs" .... it's an Audi. Honda makes great cars, but to some .... the NSX is just a Honda. Could say the same for the Nissan GTR. Lets not even bring up the C8 Corvette.

To a "snobbery" crowd ... only the McLarens, Lambos, Ferraris, etc. etc. are super or exotic cars. Here's a funny thought. I wonder what the "Hypercar" crowd thinks about everyday Ferraris, Macs, Lambos, etc.? Snobbery at every level.

So back to the original post. If "I" had this choice ..... hands down it would be the McLaren. I don't want a car to perform well with many tasks (R8, NSX, C8, P-cars ...except for the GT3/GT4 variants, etc,) .... I want a car that feels like a racecar. Has a singular vision. Like the 4C :) .

Don't brand me a snob lol. Just an opinion. In the end .... your money .... buy what you want. That's what I do.

Registered
2015 4C Coupe
To a "snobbery" crowd ... only the McLarens, Lambos, Ferraris, etc. etc. are super or exotic cars. Here's a funny thought. I wonder what the "Hypercar" crowd thinks about everyday Ferraris, Macs, Lambos, etc.? Snobbery at every level.
From my experience snobbery is a bell curve. Goes up as up move up the rich scale, then turns back down when moving to the super rich. When you can total a bugatti and not blink an eye theres no reason to be snobby. Just wasted emotion. Obviously, there are exceptions to the rule. Plus most hypercar owners also have supercars that they put more miles on, but again they are likely to care much less about them than the guy that treasures the supercar he has so vigilantly worked for.

Administrator
Lets throw up some brand snobbery. Once you get to these supercar/exotic car levels ..... you get some snobbery. Not saying I suffer from this (my wife may not agree ;) ), but it is there right or wrong. Loved the Audi R8 V10, but to the "snobs" .... it's an Audi. Honda makes great cars, but to some .... the NSX is just a Honda. Could say the same for the Nissan GTR. Lets not even bring up the C8 Corvette.

Yup, I'm fed up to the back teeth with comments like "The California isn't a REAL Ferrari".
Mostly made from 12-year-olds from their parents' basement, but sometimes also from people who just spent 3x as much money and didn't get any more Cavalino logos than the Cali has! :ROFLMAO:

Your point is valid, though. There is brand snobbery (NSX especially, since everywhere outside of North America, it ACTUALLY IS branded a Honda as far as I know). But all anyone with a half a brain needs to do is plunk down the numbers, or get the driving experience to figure out the reality. Those who don't believe, well, I guess it takes all kinds. In the end, if one is to buy a car like this for anyone else's validation, instead of purely for one's own enjoyment, well, they either have more money than brains or have other issues.

That doesn't preclude having opinions about these cars, or observations, or personal experience with them, and sharing those.

To the topic, I think that the Mac is an amazing car, but if I were looking for a stablemate to the 4C, I'd probably look for a different driving experience. And if I owned a 570 (or higher), I likely would not seek a 4C unless I wanted a more economical thrill ride.

Registered
Yup, I'm fed up to the back teeth with comments like "The California isn't a REAL Ferrari".
Mostly made from 12-year-olds from their parents' basement, but sometimes also from people who just spent 3x as much money and didn't get any more Cavalino logos than the Cali has! :ROFLMAO:
My buddy has a Cali and the car is a hoot. Very real Ferrari with tremendous performance for the road. I'd love to have one. Would I want a Cali more than a V12 Vantage? Not sure.

Administrator
My buddy has a Cali and the car is a hoot. Very real Ferrari with tremendous performance for the road. I'd love to have one. Would I want a Cali more than a V12 Vantage? Not sure.
I know. ;)

As for the Vantage, well, I get that for sure. Just that the Cali/Portofino is a hard top convertible. Not lightweight, but two cars in one. I doubt the Vantage is light in either form, but man, V12!!!

Registered
I'm coming from a 2019 NSX, and with $3K in mods (tune and liquid meth), it is a potent machine, good for approximately 700 horsepower and 10.7 quarter mile runs. It's too heavy for serious track work, but as a weekend street toy or even supercar daily driver, its pretty amazing. I never noticed the car until the latest batch of colors, but in orange, mine was an eye catcher.

Attachments

Registered
Im glad that I have found a support group 馃槀. I have been mulling over the same question for months! I want to add a garage mate in summer 2022 and I have considered most of these options but I keep going back to a new Vantage! Any thoughts? I want something a little bigger and louder that is easier to just drive to work on a whim or go on longer drives with more comfort. In order I am considering:
Vantage
911S
570S
R8 - V10
C8

Administrator
Im glad that I have found a support group 馃槀. I have been mulling over the same question for months! I want to add a garage mate in summer 2022 and I have considered most of these options but I keep going back to a new Vantage! Any thoughts? I want something a little bigger and louder that is easier to just drive to work on a whim or go on longer drives with more comfort. In order I am considering:
Vantage
911S
570S
R8 - V10
C8
Nice list.

What is support like for the more rare cars on here, where you live?

Registered
Vantage
911S
570S
R8 - V10
C8
You'll never hear me say no to picking an Aston. New Vantage is great, even better now that the slat grill conversion is about 5K a dealer. If you don't like the mesh. How Aston got that sound out of the AMG is amazing. I am more of a DB11 buyer over a Vantage, but either one is a winner.

Premium Member
Vantage
911S
570S
R8 - V10
C8
Nice list indeed. You won鈥檛 see much outpouring of love for the 911 on here (just my observation) but there鈥檚 a reason 911s are what they are. They鈥檙e terrific cars, super reliable, amazingly capable, great fit/finish. Of anything on your list it鈥檚 easily going to be the most satisfying to own and enjoy (especially since you say you want to drive to work on a whim or take on longer drives). It will easily be the lowest cost of ownership of anything on your list too (if you can get an allocation for a new one, which is challenging right now).

IMHO the only reason not to choose a 911 off that list is simply because you want to be different, which is a perfectly valid reason.

Registered
I am currently in the market for my 4C's garage mate - Gen 2 Audi R8, Gen 2 Acura NSX, and McLaren 570S/GT.

Over the weekend, I got to spend some time with the 570s, and I must say that the similarities between the two cars in terms of the "driving feel" were striking. Obviously, the 570s is much longer, much more refined, and has 2x cylinders and HPs... But at its core, they felt so similar... like they are brothers (big / small).

When I test drove the Gen 2 NSX and the Gen 2 R8 V10, those two cars felt completely different from the 4C..., but 570s shared so many fundamental DNAs to the 4C. Made me appreciate my 4C even more.

I think you would be remisss not to consider a Ferrari F-355....the berlinetas an Spiders can still be had for a reasonable price $ 75-85K and the engine, suspension, and overall beauty of these cars are in another class. Mine is a '97 and it out handles my 2,000 mile 4C spider in every way. I love the 4C, but if you are looking at supercars, do not overlook these ferraris.
cheers !!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts