Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellas,
The calendar is little full in the coming month. Sunday, April 25 is ANZAC Day, the following weekend are the TCRs at Eastern Creek, the following Sunday (May 9) is Mother’s Day, which leaves May 16 for those who have their hands bound by the working week. I was thinking another early morning run up the Putty simply because the road is in good condition after the rain and the Bells Line is blocked for the foreseeable future making Sunday afternoon traffic through the Mountains an absolute nightmare at present.
The idea is to do the same as previously ous runs up that way and meet up a McGraths Hill Macca’s at (Edit) 7:15am for a (Edit) 7:30am launch. Just a morning run with a stop at Grey Gums on the return journey or do the full loop through to Wollombi. Mobile blue-light disco vehicles can get a little thick on the ground later in the day, so the earlier the start the better, apart from the restless wildlife.
If anyone has any other ideas please don’t be backward in coming forward.

How does that sound? Who’s in?

PS I’d like to save the annual Oberon/Bathurst area run until Gilles27 gets his release papers, sorry, licence back ...and this time everyone knows their next turn point and has a full tank of fuel at the start....The Dog Rocks route to Rockley is a beauty. No missing it this next time, guys. Maybe The Bells Line will be open by then. Here’s hoping.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thanks Jim I look so forward to our yearly Oberon/Bathurst run and I will be thriving in the heart of winter.
Received official letter yesterday and it is lights out for me on May 11 and my resurrection is August 11.
Have a great upcoming run lads but I certainly am not going to miss PuttyRd at this stage. Lol!
Smart move to have a very early start as you suggested Jim.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Hi Alfanut,

Count me in for a morning run. I have to be back home around midday to help light all of the candles on the Missus' Birthday Cake and I will be coordinating the fire-fighting effort if the blaze gets out of control.

Cheers,

Alf.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Great call, Jim !!

I’ll be there for the ride and there’s also a special prize draw for the closest guess of how many ‘bum clenches’ I performed along the way relating to my F/Bumper being a bees dick from the ground !!

Look forward to seeing one and all and enjoying another fab run up and down the Putty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great call, Jim !!

I’ll be there for the ride and there’s also a special prize draw for the closest guess of how many ‘bum clenches’ I performed along the way relating to my F/Bumper being a bees dick from the ground !!

Look forward to seeing one and all and enjoying another fab run up and down the Putty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great to hear, Anthony. Hope we can get a few more to come along too. It’s a lovely, open road run.
It’s going to be a long day for me. I just realised I need to be in Port Macquarie for a meeting on Monday morning so it’ll be up the Putty and back by lunch time, to then jump on the LeMans for another blast back that way on two wheels....or maybe the Giulietta....Decisions, decisions.

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure if I can make May 16. Going for a drive tomorrow if anyone wants to meet up.
PM’d. I’m going to Eastern Creek tomorrow but can spare a couple of hours if the start is early enough.

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all, we’re less than two weeks away from our little Sunday morning group drive on the 16th. We have five confirmed with a possible 6th participating. Is anyone else interested? There’s been no flood or rain damage so the surface of the Putty is pretty good, if a little uneven between Colo Heights and Howes Valley. Hoping we can get a few more 4Cs along for the drive. There really is something special about a group of 4Cs together on a run. It‘ll be just a morning thing, not a full day affair. I have to make Port Macquarie by evening time so hope to be back home by noon to hop onto the bike.

·
Registered
737 Posts
will be in coffs for state cup footy.. wont be able to

Reactions: Alfanut

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hope you have a successful tournament and the weather is good up that way....for both you and me.
thanks! heres hoping for us both!

Reactions: Alfanut

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The medium range forecast isn’t looking too promising but we’re still a while out from the drive so with any luck things will change for the better. If you think praying to a deity will work, please start now.

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A week out from our drive and the forecast is improving. Whoever is responsible keep doing what you ‘re doing. It’s seeming to have an effect. If we could meet up about 15 minutes earlier at 7:15 for a getaway by 7:30 that’ll give us a head start on most traffic heading north. My appointment at Port is now a Zoom meeting so I’ll be in no rush, thankfully.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts