Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals,

Im at a crossroads and would like some help deciding on which direction to go. I have a few mods installed and Im not sure which to do next...

My wife and I share our 4C on the weekends, she doesn't mind the extra horsepower modifications as long as its not so powerful that she cant control the car.

So far I have installed on our 2015 LE.
Wheel Spacers
Euro Compulsion Intercooler
Euro Compulsion V2 Intake
Euro Compulsion Red Hoses

My goals are to continue to make the exhaust and engine sound better and run more efficiently, add horse power, better handling and better audio sound in the car. Obvious things like making the transmission flow better as well.

Im concerned the stage 3 ECU may be great, but again I don't want to over power the machine to scare my wife away; she's a great driver, but if the car peels out and drifts unwanted, there will be issues.

Im hoping some on here can help with this experience.

Also, I keep reading about a transmission chip flash, but cannot find any real place to do the service or shop or web site that sells the service, whats the deal here?

What direction should I go next, thanks again ... from Texas

·
Registered
225 Posts
Have you tuned the ECU, yet? I don't see it listed but it's uncommon for someone to have your mods and not have a tune. Given your mods the EC Stage 3 tune and a higher flowing exhaust make the most sense. You could probably get a deal combining a tune with one of the Centerline exhausts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I was thinking of doing that can you tell me what diffrence you experienced beyond the tune with the straight pipe , noise and performance

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
I was thinking of doing that can you tell me what diffrence you experienced beyond the tune with the straight pipe , noise and performance

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
With the 1750 TBI, the catless smell might get to ya, especially if you have the windows down a lot -- I have even thought about putting the stock catted downpipe back on... You don't really smell it if you are moving however.

It is louder and you do hear more of the turbo spooling up and down.

I'm currently running Novitec catless downpipe, EC Phase 2 P&B, V2 intake, Corsa exhaust, etc.
(Was briefly Phase 3 but the IC was backordered so I went to Phase 2)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lars, that bumper!!! Every time I see that I think it’s amazing .

I’ll get on stage 3, unless there’s anything better

How about the transmission flash???

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the eurocomplosion V2 and phase 2 as well , so would you recommend it and do you think you got some power from it ?
Power-wise Phase 3 felt stronger above 80mph compared to Phase 2, but truthfully the AW Race ECU I had felt perceptlovely faster than any clone ECU tune, but I didn't like it for daily driving.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Power-wise Phase 3 felt stronger above 80mph compared to Phase 2, but truthfully the AW Race ECU I had felt perceptually faster than any clone ECU tune, but I didn't like it for daily driving.
That aw doesn’t sound like what I’d be going for. I really just want the best street bomber I can have, and then take it to the track once in a while

·
Registered
242 Posts
That aw doesn’t sound like what I’d be going for. I really just want the best street bomber I can have, and then take it to the track once in a while
I think "stage 1" ECU clone is more than enough for that. I'd recommend AW Clone ECU (not the race one) because it's a lot cheaper and does the job similar to EC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts