Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I found these on my Facebook lol! I had my first test drive in the white one they had at the time.
That is the one I purchased! I was wondering who put those 41 miles on the white one. :grin2: Yes, Taylor is quite the negotiator and Principle's customer service, not to mention pricing, is leagues better than the dealers in Houston and Austin. I will happily drive to San Antonio for service also, their lead mechanic spent the last 27 years working on primarily Ferrari's (factory certified,etc), but also the rest of the Fiat families.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I will happily drive to San Antonio for service also, their lead mechanic spent the last 27 years working on primarily Ferrari's (factory certified,etc), but also the rest of the Fiat families.
Nice. I forgot to even ask if they could service mine there. I was too hooked on the purchase :grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Nice looking girl! Congrats!!

Yes, you have drive it at MSR-H. There are two of us that go to MSR using The Drivers Edge HPDE with our 4C. They preform beautifully on track and have never had any issues with heat. Just good rear brake pads, and you are set! I am still learning, but my best time in my 4C at MSR is 1:56.6 going the CCW direction. So use that as reference to your GT350...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pearlwhite4C

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nice looking girl! Congrats!!

Yes, you have drive it at MSR-H. There are two of us that go to MSR using The Drivers Edge HPDE with our 4C. They preform beautifully on track and have never had any issues with heat. Just good rear brake pads, and you are set! I am still learning, but my best time in my 4C at MSR is 1:56.6 going the CCW direction. So use that as reference to your GT350...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Yes, I parked next to one of you back in September with TDE. My son had the White RS and I was in my Quadrifoglio. That was his first time driving at MSR-H and the second time in the RS. He was in Blue with both of you. He moved to Yellow in October at MSR-C. I am in Yellow and hoping to go Red sometime next year before my son beats me there. :laugh: I missed MSR-C last weekend due to business travel as I had planned on it being my first event with the car, sigh.

Thanks for the time as it will be a good gauge for me as I get seat time in the car. Also, after reading about the track experiences here, the brakes and tires are getting the first upgrades. I will not worry about suspension or power until I learn how to drive the car to its fullest. That is good to hear about heat not being an issue considering where we live. Going CW at MSR-H, my best time in the GT350 was 1:48.8. In the Quadrifoglio I finally broke the 1:47 mark at 1:47.7 and was hoping to do better (optimum showed 1:46.3) until I noticed a crack in the rear pad pad (CCB option) and decided to retire. I am a bit slower going CCW as I have not run that direction enough, 1:49.6 in the GT350 and 1:52.4 in the RS.

I look forward to seeing you and the rest of the Texas owners on track and see what this car is capable of shortly. I will run MSR-C in February and MSR-H in March with TDE. I plan on COTA with it in January at the Chin event as I missed the Edge Addicts sign up for this weekend. And I am on standby with LoneStar PCA in January at MSR-H to get some seat time in the car there. I know I am going to have to change my driving style with the car as I no longer have the luxury of 500~600rwhp and gobs of torque, but so look forward to it as I believe it will make me a better driver. I am not worried about how the times compare to my previous cars on track as this car is just so fun to drive and at my age, it's all about the fun factor now. ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Yes, I parked next to one of you back in September with TDE. My son had the White RS and I was in my Quadrifoglio. That was his first time driving at MSR-H and the second time in the RS. He was in Blue with both of you. He moved to Yellow in October at MSR-C. I am in Yellow and hoping to go Red sometime next year before my son beats me there.
Yeah, that was me next to you and your son in the Garage. The 4c will actually be cheaper to run than the Gulia QV. A full set of PFC race pads only costs $650. As we chatted at the track, this car really impresses me on the fun factor, reliability on track, and pure beauty/balance. I have only ever had it kick me out of dynamic mode once due to an ESC error. Just started using race mode last track day, but wasn't pushing it that hard since I was driving like cr*p and first time in race mode.

You are a lot faster in the yellow group, as I'm still in the blue solo. But I wouldn't be suprised I'd I pick up close to 5 seconds just due to OEM vs track tires once I get to yellow. The funny thing is I actually like the OEM tires as they are quite predictable (and chatty) before they break loose. Since I am doing this for fun, and better driving skills (not times), the OEM tires let me slip and slide around much more confidently. And God lord the 4c is a blast when you are power sliding with all 4 tires! Lol

I was seriously looking at doing COTA in January with Chin, but due to work and family obligations it looks like I won't make it. I will have to wait till March with TDE at MSR-H.

Cheers, and enjoy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just found this post via the very helpful 4c owners list. I currently own this car and I brought it home to PA.

I shot you a PM. It would be amazing if we could chat about the history and even more amazing if you still have the window sticker.

Reactions: John4C
21 - 26 of 26 Posts