Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,407 Posts
The Most Disappointing Cars I’ve Driven #1: Alfa Romeo 4C | Carscoops
He’s a jackass....we’ve said all along that it only needed a couple of tweaks to iron out that understeer and improve the feel. Reports like this did the 4C no favours and gave the armchair critics the fuel to bag it. Their loss, big time.

·
Registered
699 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Another reviewer who can promptly go back to his beige life, dull attire, and well-done steaks, while complaining that his food is spicy because it has a dash of black pepper in it, as he fantasizes about sex in the missionary position with his solid 6 of a neighbor who once talked to him for more than three seconds, while he fellates anyone who ever touched a Lotus, but prefers sticking his willy into the tailpipe of mid-engined Porsches, while falling asleep next to his half-witted cat that wants to murder him, as dreams of licking Nigel Mansel's mustache queue up in his frontal cortex.

Thank god I don't see eye to eye with clowns like this.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Another reviewer who can promptly go back to his beige life, dull attire, and well-done steaks, while complaining that his food is spicy because it has a dash of black pepper in it, as he fantasizes about sex in the missionary position with his solid 6 of a neighbor who once talked to him for more than three seconds, while he fellates anyone who ever touched a Lotus, but prefers sticking his willy into the tailpipe of mid-engined Porsches, while falling asleep next to his half-witted cat that wants to murder him, as dreams of licking Nigel Mansel's mustache queue up in his frontal cortex.

Thank god I don't see eye to eye with clowns like this.
I must confess:
1) I did not waste any precious moments of my life reading the aforementioned article given the title
2) but THIS : while falling asleep next to his half-witted cat that wants to murder him 😂 😁😆🤣🙃😝 (SPEECHLESS!!!) HAHAHAAAAAAAaaaaaa

·
Registered
293 Posts
I don't buy/own things base on what others review and determine if to be good/bad... I buy them because I like them/want them and I don't really give a $#*! what anyone else thinks.

I've told a great story for years about being in Southern California for work... We had Sunday off and everyone was outside by the pool in 100+ degree heat grilling steaks because that's where we were "supposed" to be on our day off. I was in my A/Ced hotel room eating a tuna sandwich, potato chips and drinking 18 year old Scotch. (with just a touch of DI water).The guys thought I wasn't outside with them because didn't have enough money to buy a steak and didn't want to be embarrassed... They couldn't grasp that all I wanted something cool and light to eat and and to lounge in the deliciousness of the cold and had no desire to stand in the hot sun next to a blazing grill after working in said heat for 12 hours a day the previous week... They never understood... And, still don't.

I'm not a follower, I don't do things because that is what I'm "supposed to do or that is what is expected of me," I do what pleases ME.

Once more I am reminded of a dear friend's Tee shirt which read "Harley Davidson, for those who understand, no explanation is necessary... For those who don't, no explanation will suffice..."

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
A picture of a cat rolling its eyes would have captured the situation better :)
I think this Italian gesture towards the article will suffice

I am smiling....because I still have not read it !!! heheeee
OMG....WAIT....o_O
:unsure:what about IF I do read it, then I will have to divest myself of my 4Cs because some nobody will have told the world what a horrible car it is! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I read the review and I'm sure the driving experience stems from improperly inflated tires and poor alignment, as discussed many times before. I've never driven a car that is so sensitive to these two basic parameters. But when set properly, I have no issues at all on the street on the base suspension and stock Pirelli tires.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Ok...TEMPTED...I broke down and went to read the article, I got to this....and am still typing but rolling around the ground in hysterical laughter!!! :LOL::ROFLMAO:😂

"Later that year, I asked a senior Ferrari engineer if he’d driven it, the 4C being part of the same FCA empire as Ferrari at the time. He did that mouth-pulled-back-and-down-at-the-corners face and shook his head, indicating that, yes, he had, and no, he wasn’t a fan. So it wasn’t just me that found the Alfa disappointing, "

BUT OF COURSE HE DID !!!!

Wonder if he was in charge of Ferrari's Cup Holder Division....

Nevertheless, MUST be TRUE if someone said they spoke to a "senior Ferrari engineer" who corroborated his findings.

Well, under the same auspices, I can attest (SCOUTS HONOUR) that the owner of most of the Ferrari dealerships in Canada (who loves pretty much only things Ferrari) possess two 4Cs personally and cannot praise them enough! BTW, he also suggested a 'proper' alignment to ensure that one gets the ultimate last bit out of our cars.

What I read from the aforementioned article was a 'cut and paste' from many an article prior, present and future.

·
Registered
134 Posts
This guy is a nimrod, I was trying to find the Road and Track review for the ten best cars for some year, but this one is written by someone who understands sports cars.https://www.4c-forums.com/threads/review-alfa-romeo-4c-spider-%E2%80%93-mr-hyde-dressed-by-oarmani.16082/

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
"Later that year, I asked a senior Ferrari engineer if he’d driven it, the 4C being part of the same FCA empire as Ferrari at the time. He did that mouth-pulled-back-and-down-at-the-corners face and shook his head, indicating that, yes, he had, and no, he wasn’t a fan. So it wasn’t just me that found the Alfa disappointing, "

BUT OF COURSE HE DID !!!!

Wonder if he was in charge of Ferrari's Cup Holder Division....

Nevertheless, MUST be TRUE if someone said they spoke to a "senior Ferrari engineer" who corroborated his findings.
Only he didn’t. When the writer asked the exec if he drove it, he shook his head. How did that indicate he drove it and “wasn’t a fan”? (Insert Patrick Stewart meme)
The writer has taken confirmation bias to new levels of absurdity.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts