Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
I'm still trying to picture the senior Ferrari engineer, 馃 something like this do you think? 馃槵 :ROFLMAO: I just don鈥檛 buy it really

Registered
2018 4C Coupe, Race Pack, Rosso Competizione
Unfortunately I did read that review...well it's not really a review but more of an attempt to showcase his witty writing skills by grossly exaggerating things....f&#$wit!

Registered
The writer has taken confirmation bias to new levels of absurdity.
I am unsure if I am getting as cynical as @Philster or as wise as @Philster at my age.... :unsure:
Bias and the Media (or the so called NEWS) today appears to have reached peaks that I never used to recall at an earlier time and they are just so full of SH_T! PERIOD!
So much "THIS is FACT"; "WE all say it ..... thus it MUST be TRUE"; "Oh look what He/She/They/Them/It DID/VOTED FOR - C A N C E L"; Virtue Signalling, and misinformation that it truly wants me to collect my things and go enjoy them on an island by myself. And this is coming from someone who used to love the vibrant urban centres and enjoyed people watching and interacting. Heck, my whole education / career is based upon urban planning and creating viable sustainable livable amazing communities! But I think (hopefully wrongly) that most individuals have forgotten true "acceptance" of others INCLUDING opinions and thoughts -even if it differs or may be incorrect.
I watched the news the other day where an individual of my vintage complained how the Catholic school system made her feel that she was signalled out, belittled etc and forced her into therapy, etc. Well....guess what, I got the "strap" for things I did not do and was belittled and was made fun of because of my weight, looks, background, etc...by MANY a "teacher" and "principal" throughout my life (including non Catholic University). I could have chosen to dwell and blame or Pick the FK up and move ahead. I think I chose the latter more times than not.

In the US, some parents installed a sign in front of a school that I believe stated "Teach our Children HOW to think not WHAT to think!". AMEN

the OP.....good for him on his thoughts, thankfully I have my own and no one is going to change them other than myself. Peace (btw I was trying to insert a RED heart but it comes out black)馃挆

Registered
If you design, engineer and drive Ferraris around the Fiorano test track, your opinion of a 4C vs. a 488 is going to come from a starkly different place.
Agree!!
....but how many get all 3 jobs (design/engineer/drive) -wish I could.
The things these guys keep missing is the 4C is a special tool designed for certain targets. Albeit 'commercial' based...remember, this guy seemed to enjoy it :)
oh....and I don't think he is that good an actor to produce 'fake' smiles and grins 馃槀

Registered
Another reviewer who can promptly go back to his beige life, dull attire, and well-done steaks, while complaining that his food is spicy because it has a dash of black pepper in it, as he fantasizes about sex in the missionary position with his solid 6 of a neighbor who once talked to him for more than three seconds, while he fellates anyone who ever touched a Lotus, but prefers sticking his willy into the tailpipe of mid-engined Porsches, while falling asleep next to his half-witted cat that wants to murder him, as dreams of licking Nigel Mansel's mustache queue up in his frontal cortex.

Thank god I don't see eye to eye with clowns like this.
Well written description of this reviewer and his drab life! Hilarious!

Premium Member
Well written description of this reviewer and his drab life! Hilarious!

I think he has something there with the solid 6.
I suspect Porsche owners have a shorter average. Just intuition, seeing the signs and putting two and two together. The insecurity, the need for peer approval, low self esteem... classic small dick indicators.

Registered
Agree!!
....but how many get all 3 jobs (design/engineer/drive) -wish I could.
The things these guys keep missing is the 4C is a special tool designed for certain targets. Albeit 'commercial' based...remember, this guy seemed to enjoy it :)
oh....and I don't think he is that good an actor to produce 'fake' smiles and grins 馃槀
I don't speak Italian, but it doesn't take much imagination to figure out what bellisimo, fantastico, extraordinario, and 'wow' mean.

Registered
I guess he must have been speaking to Mauro Pierallini, or someone on his team?

Either way, I learned something new today, that the 4C had come out with all carbon body originally...Nice to see how out of something that initiates from stupidity useful information can surface.

Registered
Don't know why we're all so upset / surprised?

The 4C is not as good as many of its alternatives in an objective sense. It definitely tramlines a huge amount. It's a bit of a pain in the arse other times.

We all love our cars irrespective of the fact an A110 is probably a far superior driving device. It just looks like a steaming turd next to a 4C

Premium Member
Don't know why we're all so upset / surprised?

The 4C is not as good as many of its alternatives in an objective sense. It definitely tramlines a huge amount. It's a bit of a pain in the arse other times.

We all love our cars irrespective of the fact an A110 is probably a far superior driving device. It just looks like a steaming turd next to a 4C
I disagree. The 4C is like a console game where you have upgrade parts to unlock the ultimate car. The top brass at Ferrari cried about competing products and 4C was deliberately compromised to prevent outdoing Ferrari.
Fortunately, the biggest compromises that ruined the drive are easily exchanged. Better tyres alone transform the handling and power delivery. Uniballs and tuned geo are all it takes to make a better car out of the 4C.
Add coilovers and a proper differential and it鈥檚 every bit as good as an Exige, the car that converted me to MR lightweights.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts