Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1293 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
This week is typically a big, big week for upgrades at a great circuit: Catalunya in Barcelona.

Please tell me we have enough people to start a dialogue and conversation.

I follow all the engineering and love the aero tricks and all the things teams do to push the rules, such as burning oil or hiring away Pirelli engineers.

This is a big week for Ferrari vs Mercedes, except the race will be on the harder tire/tyre compounds. :(

If Ferrari has the pace this week, this could be the year, because it means they have countered Merc's big upgrade plans. Can Merc work those tires?

We shall see.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Red Bull is in need of sheer luck to get a podium. They might finish 5th and 6th and not be near the front two teams. They are much farther off than anyone foresaw. But, they have some smart and crafty people.

If they podium on qualifying and race pace, I will tip my hat to them for closing a major gap to Ferrari and Mercedes.

I just can't believe that Pirelli has chosen the harder tires, because even ultrasofts have been lasting over two dozen laps.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Barcelona is a known track to wear heavily on tyres, I think it's quite expected that Pirelli made the choice they did.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I'm actually Swedish, I just happened to live in Tallinn when I registered here. Still, I love seeing Bottas beating Hamilton as I find that guy rather unsympathetic (even though I'll agree to his abilities, of course) and I always cheer for Ferrari, who ever drives the red cars. Mansell and Alesi being the drivers I've been most fond of. Vettel also has something I like, I'd really like to see him bring the title back to Maranello.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm actually Swedish, I just happened to live in Tallinn when I registered here. Still, I love seeing Bottas beating Hamilton as I find that guy rather unsympathetic (even though I'll agree to his abilities, of course) and I always cheer for Ferrari, who ever drives the red cars. Mansell and Alesi being the drivers I've been most fond of. Vettel also has something I like, I'd really like to see him bring the title back to Maranello.
FORZA FERRARI :exclamation:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Many years ago I played Foosball in the Elmira NY airport with Ronnie Peterson after the US GP at Watkins Glen. He was an amazingly nice guy.
I am a Ferrari/Kimmi fan. BTW, my wife is Swedish. :)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What does he know about F1? From the perfect viewpoint of my couch I can recall pictures like this:

:nerd:
Lol.

Tires this year are really durable, so he was hoping for more pit stops and tire strategies. The single pit stop races don't bode well for Red Bull.

Here's what everyone is getting from Pirelli this week:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2016/5/top-teams-steer-clear-of-hard-tyres-for-spain.html

Just glad to watch a race this week on a real circuit.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Many years ago I played Foosball in the Elmira NY airport with Ronnie Peterson after the US GP at Watkins Glen. He was an amazingly nice guy.
I am a Ferrari/Kimmi fan. BTW, my wife is Swedish. :)
Everybody agrees Ronnie was an awesome guy. I met quite a few of the Swedish drivers of the era as a kid but sadly not him.

Say "Hej!" to your wife from me!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Met Bottas briefly last year after the Austin F1, despite his terrible race he seemed to be a very amiable guy.

I keep thinking that if Bottas keeps outperforming Kimi, we may see him at Ferrari next year - KR and VB both being on one year contracts...

·
Super Moderator
4,941 Posts
F1? Can't wait for the next rule change that sees speakers fitted to have them at least sound like n.a. V10's. They are currently a poor echo of what they used to sound like. It's ruining the spectacle. Go watch a Formula E race then a demo lap or two of V10 F1 car of a few years ago to see what I mean. I know I'm disgruntled dinosaur but is no one listening?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Spain is going to be a boring race just like every year. Hopefully Williams or Red Bull can get into the mix...and any wagers on if stroll will actually score his first f1 point. Btw has anyone seen in the rumor mill that a fernando indefinite switch to Indy is quite possible.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have a feeling that if Bottas were to go to Ferrari for 2018 you could possibly see Alonso back in a Mercedes... his contract with McLaren expires at the end of this season.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks like Seb had gearbox problems in practice. Hope they don't have to change it, it would be a real bummer to have a grid penalty. He did run again after the problem but not something to risk the championship lead over, in my opinion.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Spain is going to be a boring race just like every year. Hopefully Williams or Red Bull can get into the mix...and any wagers on if stroll will actually score his first f1 point. Btw has anyone seen in the rumor mill that a fernando indefinite switch to Indy is quite possible.
I think Indy may be his only opportunity to actually finish a race. McLaren seems to have their focus too much on their road cars and no focus on F1...

·
Registered
726 Posts
I think Indy may be his only opportunity to actually finish a race. McLaren seems to have their focus too much on their road cars and no focus on F1...
I don't blame macca for this year . Supposedly the chassis is great, it's the engine that's the soft point of the car. Honda needs to really step there game up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 1293 Posts